• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERBEAT: XONiC (DJMAX successor) coming to North America Fall 2015 (PS Vita)

http://superbeatxonic.com/

EDIT Jun 18: A very brief look at gameplay was seen in an E3 sizzle reel, thanks ImBarryScott for the catch.

EDIT Jun 9: The website is now updated with screenshots, music samples, and more. See the press release:

LOS ANGELES, June 9, 2015 – PM Studios and Acttil are happy to announce the co-publication of a brand new rhythm game from PM Studios' much celebrated BEATCRAFT series! SUPERBEAT: XONiC™ for the PlayStation®Vita system will be released in North America this fall in both retail and digital formats by PM Studios and Acttil!

The team at PM Studios is the creative force behind DJ MAX Fever, a widely acclaimed rhythm title for the PlayStation®Portable system which released in the North American market in 2008. Equipped with new user interfaces and rhythms, PM Studios has crafted an even more innovative and interactive music game experience- SUPERBEAT: XONiC will rock players’ worlds! Players will be able to experience over 45 music tracks and boogie through 200 different play patterns!

“I’m extremely excited to work with my former colleagues and bring what I feel is our spiritual successor to DJ MAX. We’ve been listening to the fans and decided that the Vita was the best platform for our players,” said Michael Yum, CEO of PM Studios. “I’m also very honored to work with the talented folks at both Nurijoy and Acttil on this new endeavor. With the former DJMAX developers at both PM Studios and Nurijoy developing what they’re best at and by allowing Acttil to help us bring this game to the market, I feel we can give the players something they can really enjoy.”

Key Features
▪ Rhythm on PSVita! – PM Studios will bring you back to the beat once again with the high-speed, intuitive system found only in SUPERBEAT: XONiC! Is the rhythm in you?
▪ Modes that fit you! – Depending on your skill level, you can choose between 4TRAX (beginner), 6TRAX and 6TRAX FX (master). The handy tutorial mode will always be available as well!
▪ Massive play pattern! – Are you ready to groove to our fantastic music selection and master the monster patterns thrown at you? Get your skills up with Free Style for endless game play!
▪ New music! – SUPERBEAT: XONiC will feature BEATCRAFT-exclusive new music alongside several popular tracks- this music is guaranteed to electrify your XONiC experience!
▪ Real-time DJ ranking! – Check your ranking in real-time in both local and worldwide ranking! Ride your way to the top of the charts and become the best DJ!
▪ Music to eyes! – Enhance your DJ experience with captivating illustrations! Over 50 mesmerizing images are available throughout the game!

Product Information
Title: SUPERBEAT: XONiC™
Platform: PlayStation®Vita System
Genre: Music
Release date: Fall 2015
Developer: PM Studios / Nurijoy
Publishers: PM Studios / acttil
Rating: RP

Y92gT4T.png

It appears the game will be released in North America by a coalition of PM Studios (who previously handled the release of DJMAX Fever) and acttil, llc. More details will be revealed tomorrow.

This is a music game developed by Nurijoy, which is composed of the former developers of the DJMAX franchise.

Per Kotaku, there will be a trailer for the game at the Sony booth at E3. They also have some screens that I don't think have been seen elsewhere yet:

jhEayta.jpg

EvLvATn.jpg

HG44ygy.png

xu6dyQY.png

vUSZNsi.png

iu5MKmb.png

dYJ5qK1.png

SephLuis

I read, XONiC to be released for NA Vita tomorrow.

My jaw dropped and I was just about to go buy a PSN Card, then I read it right >.>

Oh hell yes! Viva la vita or death to its enemies .

My Vita is my main rhythm games machine. With this along with the earlier miku games, djmax, etc. along with other upcoming games like Deemo, Taiko, IA/VT, and P4DAN, I'm pretty much in rhythm heaven.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope this is Vita TV compatible so I can gift it to some friends. :D

Cleve

Having never heard of this the title thought we were about to get a sonic so Xtreme it was going to put shadow the hedgehog to shame.

Should I know anything about this?

AsfaeksBR

Guitar Hero Live, P4: Dancing All Night and now this? Amazing year for music games!

That last picture sold me on the game.
Livin la doche Vita!

Yasumi

Banned
This pleases me greatly, especially since I'm expecting it to be digital only in all regions. Now for that Deemo official NA announcement.
ThaHwIu.jpg

Shizuka

This pleases me greatly, especially since I'm expecting it to be digital only in all regions. Now for that Deemo official NA announcement.
ThaHwIu.jpg

It's getting released in HK soon, english subtitles and all. I'm pretty certain it'll be released in the West rather soon.

cj_iwakura

Visualizations? So there will be BGAs? Cautious optimism.

Not too psyched by those song banners. I need some DJ MAX vets, stat. Where's 3rd Coast, Paul Bazooka, hell, get some O2Jam or Andamiro guys.

Falk

that puzzling face
Visualizations? So there will be BGAs? Cautious optimism.

Would assume we're still talking generic BGAs.

"Visualized" historically has been used for the loading art. "Visual Remix" credits are the animators that do BGA. They even had a cute standardized symbol for it in DJMAX.

edit: For example

800px-I_Want_You_TechnikaEyecatch.jpg

H2SO4 did the art. Latte did the animation/BGA based on the art.

Not too psyched by those song banners. I need some DJ MAX vets, stat. Where's 3rd Coast, Paul Bazooka, hell, get some O2Jam or Andamiro guys.

I played Cyclon in Taiwan last year when we were on tour there. A LOT of familiar faces in the songlist. Also, the music game composer community in Korea is a very tight-knit group, so I'd expect a lot of returning faces down the line even if they aren't present at the moment.

cj_iwakura

Would assume we're still talking generic BGAs.

"Visualized" historically has been used for the loading art. "Visual Remix" credits are the animators that do BGA. They even had a cute standardized symbol for it in DJMAX.

edit: For example

800px-I_Want_You_TechnikaEyecatch.jpg

H2SO4 did the art. Latte did the animation/BGA based on the art.

Crap. I always took 'visualized by' to mean the BGA too, since the art styles are usually the same.

Falk

that puzzling face
Crap. I always took 'visualized by' to mean the BGA too, since the art styles are usually the same.

Hahahah at some point, you can actually figure out who animated a particular BGA just by looking regardless of the actual art style, because they have a couple of go-to FX. Like that one guy's obsession with Twitch and another who would always use THE EXACT SAME LENS FLARE IN EVERY BGA.

xzeldax3

Hell yes, my Vita is a music machine! DJMAX Portable 3, Technika, Musync, Project Diva f & F 2nd, Cytus, Deemo 2.0, Persona 4 DAN, IA/VT, Taiko Drum Master, and now this.

jzbluz

Honestly, I wasn't the biggest fan of DJMax, but I'm interested. This, P4DAN, Deemo, and Project Mirai DX; so many music games just this year to spend money on.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Why do I feel like "more info tomorrow" = "SURPRISE RELEASE" or "HEY, HERE'S A DEMO!"

Though glad to hear it's coming to the US. Can't wait to see how many songs will be on there....though PLEASE don't make it as grindy as Portable 3 & Fever. I don't want to do a 99,999 combo AGAIN. FOR THE THIRD TIME.

Great to hear it's coming over.

To be fair, we've known it was going to come over since last month, but most people seemed to have overlooked that until now. The only new information so far is the fact that PM Studios was somehow dug out of its grave to do it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, we've known it was going to come over since last month, but most people seemed to have overlooked that until now.
After all the "legacy platform" comments lately, I wasn't banking on it too much. Super happy I won't have to import. Btw, I called the OT but I will need help with banners and other graphics if anyone wants to lend a hand. :)

Praying this plays more like the original DJ Max games than Technika, which was a huge disappointment to me. Good to see ND Lee on the bill, here's hoping for more legends like xxdbxx, Croove and best of all, M2U. :D

dkoy

Buttons will be supported! I repeat, buttons will be supported!

I have a feeling that it'll be similar to how DJMax did it except the button layout will be the outer 3 face buttons instead of the top 3.

EDIT: Just realized it's old news but it's new to me so I'll keep the post for anyone else who doesn't know.

Don't worry, lots of old news being regurgitated in this thread over and over and it's still the first page. Still, it's cool that people are excited.

Top Bottom