• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERBEAT: XONiC (DJMAX successor) coming to North America Fall 2015 (PS Vita)

Falk

that puzzling face
SHK hasn't really evolved in 10 years.

Compare 2005 M2U to 2015 M2U holy shit. (yeh I know those tracks aren't exaaactly those years)

edit: While we're on the topic of keeping up with the Korean community, memme has been nothing but solid gold ever since he got involved.

Do we have a full tracklist for Beatcraft?
I gave up trying to search for one and settled for a partial list found on a repost of a promo video. I get the feeling if such a list is online, it's probably in Korean where I can't effectively search for it.

xzeldax3

Buttons will be supported! I repeat, buttons will be supported!

I have a feeling that it'll be similar to how DJMax did it except the button layout will be the outer 3 face buttons instead of the top 3.

EDIT: Just realized it's old news but it's new to me so I'll keep the post for anyone else who doesn't know.
Being able to play with buttons makes me so happy because I really did not like the trend of touchscreen rhythm games taking over. I need to feel the click beneath my fingers!

Roubjon

The fact this game exists surprises me and I'm glad someone bumped the thread again.

He.

I worked on O2Jam way back when lol

I need to ask: are you the same Falk who posted all the time during the good ol' days of bemanistyle?

Shizuka

First pre-order link?

PSV_SUPERBEAT_XONIC.jpg

Sera O

Banned
I'll totally get a DJ Max successor - I had fun with technika, but the feedback of buttons makes these types of games more satisfying for me, so if this controls with buttons I will probably prefer it greatly.

Amazon Canada has it as well. I contacted their CS to see if the game can be added to the E3 promo.

That would be great if they added it. I'll try sending them a message too.

I'll totally get a DJ Max successor - I had fun with technika, but the feedback of buttons makes these types of games more satisfying for me, so if this controls with buttons I will probably prefer it greatly.

That would be great if they added it. I'll try sending them a message too.

It is confirmed that it will have button input.

Have they showed a gameplay trailer yet? I can kind of guess how it'll play by looking at the screen shots but it would be great to see it in action.

FluxWaveZ

I am totally ignorant regarding the DJMAX series, but I have this pre-ordered and I'm going to get it on day 1. Just seems like something I'll be into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIv07EndZn4

Gameplay video. Presumably on VitaTV

75% sure it's unkeysounded. :|
M2U! Oh yes. Hype increasing.

Going by the video, I'm guessing that was an 8 button mode, using down, left, up, cross, circle, triangle and the triggers. That'll take some getting used to (obviously I could be wrong though).

That song sounded a lot like Heart of Witch in parts. Not complaining though, as I love ReX too!

Falk

that puzzling face
Not complaining though, as I love ReX too!

M2U is ReX, in case you didn't know.

(what a massive troll lol)

I'm pretty sure the gameplay involves the touchscreen, as evidenced by some other charts.

Holy shit, that's kind of intimidating. Like, moreso than anything in DJ Max.

Even discounting DJMAX Trilogy and the original PC service, the portable games got quite insane too.

Although considering they're the same folks, I'm pretty sure Xonic is going to deliver on the gameplay department.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIv07EndZn4

Gameplay video. Presumably on VitaTV

75% sure it's unkeysounded. :|

Watching the video certainly seems that way, though I wonder if it will have an option like the Project Diva games to have the game mute the primary track when a note is missed.

If not.... you had one job Pentavision (or whoever they're going by now).

Also a little disappointed to see the backgrounds are not going to be "music video"/animated in style.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure the gameplay involves the touchscreen, as evidenced by some other charts.
Or for the sliding notes perhaps the thumbsticks, otherwise you couldn't really have Vita TV support.

Falk

that puzzling face
Eh, I can understand backgrounds getting the axe if it's a man hours issue and that's going to prevent a game from getting made. (50 BGA is going to take far longer to procure than 50 tracks)

Keysounds though. Yikes. It's actually almost a dealbreaker here - if I wanted unkeysounded games I'd go play some mobile rhythm games. (And even Q is keysounded, heh)

M2U is ReX, in case you didn't know.

(what a massive troll lol)

Holy shit, for 7 years I genuinely thought they were different people! Not surprised in the slightest though, all of the ReX tracks in Black Square reminded me of M2U a little bit too much.

I really hope it's keysounded though. I wouldn't enjoy the series anywhere near as much if the songs just played flawlessly with no regard for how you were playing.

Oh, and thanks for reminding me about Nightmare 6BFX. I don't think I ever even broke a 90% accuracy rate on that one ;_;

Falk

that puzzling face
I was pretty freaking sure from PFW and PFW2, since it sounded like his usual stuff even if the genres were a little different.

Still, it was hilarious when he came clean.

Keysoundless music gaming is becoming a thing lately, unfortunately. Even pop'n music introduced unkeysounded licensed music a few years ago.

Top Bottom