• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan game coming to PlayStation platform this winter from Omega Force/Koei

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Seems like that teasted game was Attack on Titan.

Credits go to Gematsu for the quote below. More info at the link

For the past week, Koei Tecmo has been counting down to the announcement of a new game from Dynasty Warriors developer Omega Force. It’s an Attack on Titan game, according to the 17th Attack on Titan manga volume launching on Friday, and it’s coming to a PlayStation platform this winter.

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/attack-t...station-platform-this-winter-from-omega-force

I just hope it wont be a QTE mess like the 3DS titles that Spike Chunsoft did...

Ooh, an attack on titan game on consoles. This interests me

Edit: by the way this is phrased this might actually include vita. Even more interested now

Toki767

I'm interested. I don't imagine it'll be a Musou game where you're killing hundreds of titans so I'm really interested to see how it is.

I'm interested. I don't imagine it'll be a Musou game where you're killing hundreds of titans so I'm really interested to see how it is.

They're probably going to build it off the Toukiden mechanics, which really isn't anything like Musou games.

Dawg

Thats pretty cringeworthy.

ZsczkBQ.jpg

5211DBB.jpg

Parakeetman

As expected.

Hype died, where is Ni OH?

Koei is still insisting the project isnt dead. So with that in mind and with how the PS4 production is in overdrive with them in general, maybe something will be mentioned at this years TGS if they are indeed still working on the project.

Always been interested in the concept of ATOT, never got around to watching it though. A game could be done really well though.

Parakeetman

What Im curious about is how they plan to tackle the vertical gameplay that would be necessary for an AoT title, since its not exactly something they have done before. Same with building maps around that.

This might be interesting.

Though to get this kind of game right, you need to get the movement gameplay perfect first. I'm not holding my breath.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Omega Force seems like a good fit for an Attack on Titan game. They'd have to make it a little differently than a Warriors game, though ... no masses of minions to cut down.

Parakeetman

Omega Force seems like a good fit for an Attack on Titan game. They'd have to make it a little differently than a Warriors game, though ... no masses of minions to cut down.

Id imagine it will more be a co-op game vs multiple titans with player characters who are more fragile than a champagne glass. Though with how the story is also
there most def could be other human opponents as well, just that it wont be all musou like.

Better be able to play as Mikasa. No one wants to play as Eren

733fab8cfee92bad96ddab06b97174d7.jpg

huh it was leaked via the new manga volume instead of the usual magazines lol

good for koei to get such a deal, this would probably sell great in Japan and in the west

Arizato

Don't look into the comments. Just got spoiled bigtime from people reading the manga.

Also, this might turn out awesome. I am hyped.

Parakeetman

Man, if random dude on internet with UE4 can put this together, I'd hope someday an actual studio can put together an action AoT game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82g7dKATjDM

Its funny how a good number of indie devs have done a better job with making "games" or tech demos based off of the IP.

Isn't Capcom making one too?

Never heard of that? When was this talked about?

Lots of female fans like Armin, NOBODY likes Eren lol

Someone in the other thread said, why not be a titan killing hundreds of people? lol

Because then there are going to be lack of world insight unless they are
Titan Shifters
as normal Titans are mostly mindless.

Then again a game about
Titan Shifter double agent
would be awesome.

Top Bottom