• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV screenshots

artsi

These are pretty compressed, updating if better ones surface.

I think the second one is mirrored for some reason, the wheel is supposed to be on the right side (unless they changed it).

EDIT: Updated with better screenshots from SE.
http://press.na.square-enix.com/products/1087p251/screenshots

Ifem13f.jpgC

Ido

An underground dungeon with an eerie atmosphere.
For a long time, this dungeon has seen no traces of human activity.
But is there something else currently living here?

yfdJknu.jpg

Continent

The four continue their drive along the clear river, passing through the coniferous trees.
Should they go full speed straight toward their destination, or take time and explore the surroundings? It is up to players to choose.

vAt8qW5.jpg

Lestallum

Lestallum, a city positioned in the lands of Duscae.
Using Cuba as a motif for the design, the vibrant city is full of people and life.
A large building that stands out is the hotel. It’s probably a good place to rest and relieve some tiredness from the long trip.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I still believe this game is further a lot along than the impression given at GDC. Those locations (Especially the car shot) look great. It really does give me that adventure vibe and can't wait to see more
at TGS!

"Well gamescom was a total disaster what can we do?"

"Lets announce a partnership with Avalanche that hasn't even begun yet and 3 new screenshots. That'll work."

GunBR

I still believe this game is further a lot along than the impression given at GDC. Those locations (Especially the car shot) look great. It really does give me that adventure vibe and can't wait to see more
at TGS!
I hope so, but the City looks like the same that they already show, and the road can be the path from Duscae to there

They really need to show a complete new area in the next trailer

Could this be a knee-jerk reaction to the (deserved) bad reactions they got from their lackluster and anticlimatic Gamescom showing? Could it be Square Enix is actually listening?

I hope this can meet expectations, I was impressed with the Duscea preview despite it's shortcomings.

This game is the one that will get me back into Final Fantasy, haven't really played them properly since FFX. None of the others appeal to me.

Yeah, you can't travel to every single thing you see, not too dissimilar to Witcher 3. It's still supposed to be incredibly vast though.

People forget mainline offline FFs were never known for their GTA levels of free open world.

Just as you couldnt explore all of Midgar in FFVII I also dont expect we'll have the whole kingdom open for us to explore in a car as if it was a GTA city.

People forget mainline offline FFs were never known for their GTA levels of free open world.

Just as you couldnt explore all of Midgar in FFVII I also dont expect we'll have the whole kingdom open for us to explore in a car as if it was a GTA city.
I wouldn't want that tyupe of freedom in an FF game anyway.

XV is giving far too much already

That would really suck, cities should feel quite different from each other.

Cities will yeah but overworld map? I dunno

Apart from an odd beach, snow region, mountain region or difference in terrain I think the Duscae look is what will be the basework. Just like any FF overworld map in a way

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Btw add this in the OP.

ido
An underground dungeon with an eerie atmosphere.
For a long time, this dungeon has seen no traces of human activity.
But is there something else currently living here?

Continent
The four continue their drive along the clear river, passing through the coniferous trees.
Should they go full speed straight toward their destination, or take time and explore the surroundings? It is up to players to choose.

Restalm
Restalm, a city positioned in the lands of Duscae.
Using Cuba as a motif for the design, the vibrant city is full of people and life.
A large building that stands out is the hotel. It’s probably a good place to rest and relieve some tiredness from the long trip.

UrbanRats

This is like HD FFVIII, i'm loving it.

Despite all the shit you gotta sift through with this game, it's still by far my most anticipated one (MGSV being a close second, but that's almost out).

Even more than The Last Guardian or Shenmue 3.

That car shot, ngggh.

Imagine if the image quality was perfect 4K.
99% will be out on PC, you'll just have to wait a bit more, i think.

nico1982

Continent
I bet the screenshot is from real-time sequence where you have the pick between two options: stop and explore the area or continue along the road.

artsi

The sign also says Lestallum, so you can probably change it to that.

Yeah I'll do that, Japanese write/say it as Restarum as they don't use L so I assume it's just a misinterpreted conversion from katakana.

Top Bottom