• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Horizon Zero Dawn footage.

V-Faction

Real quick - about to watch - but Mark Norris, what is going on with your hair?

E: Man, these designs are incredible.

Jigolo

Please stop showing the game. Leave some secrets. Also thank the lord it's late next year.

Fix the pop in and work on the framerate (solid 30 FPS pls)

Looks really good otherwise

Dark_castle

Dev said the game is an action RPG. Is it one like Shadow of Mordor where player run around a big open world, hunting enemies, collecting loot, do quests, little to no story/character emphasis?

Jarmel

Banned
Yea they're really trying to emphasize that this is a RPG. I guess there was some confusion coming out of E3.

Please stop showing the game. Leave some secrets. Also thank the lord it's late next year.

I know right. It sucks the spoiled the monster just so that we can get footage of the game in action.

HUD Elements: The Game!

Let us turn them off, PLEASE. No need for a game that looks like this to be hidden behind all that rubbish.

I turned it on, watched a few seconds then turned it off. It's blackout time. Too bad the game has a HUD though. Would have been nice to go with a clean screen.

CHC

I feel like this game is a LOOOONG way off. Almost 6 months after the initial reveal but they're showing the exact same gameplay scenario again, just from a slightly different perspective.

Granted, what is there looks awesome, but it's the same scene.

Venture

Damn, that Thunderjaw looks incredible, love the new attacks. The environmental destruction and physics of the rope caster are impressive too.

V-Gief

This game is looking more and more amazing every time they show it. The wait for this game is going to be almost unbearable haha ><

BeeDog

Yikes, serious framerate and LoD/pop-in issues that weren't there in the initial reveal. Ruins the full gameplay reveal for a bit, but I don't doubt that Guerrilla will resolve these issues before the game ships.

Jigolo

Yikes, serious framerate and LoD/pop-in issues that weren't there in the initial reveal. Ruins the full gameplay reveal for a bit, but I don't doubt that Guerrilla will resolve these issues before the game ships.

That's because they polish the demo's (chunks) for these conferences. The rest of the game is likely still in a more alpha state. And there were some framerate/ pop-in issues with the original E3 demo. Maybe you missed them but they were there.

silva1991

The wire trap at the beginning is new and it's awesome! can't wait to annihilate all those robo-deers what wire traps lol

oh and the horde leaders defending them is nice touch I liked that.

DJIzana

I need this in my life... GREATLY!

This is actually the only title I've been interested in from Guerrilla Games.

BeeDog

Their past games have seemed to push visuals ahead of performance, I doubt we're going to see a huge increase here.

Locked 30 would be great though.

Huh? KZ2 was a bit on the jumpy side, sure, but both KZ3 and KZ:SF were solid, especially the latter after the frame-lock option was patched in.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more, everything I've seen looks really good. Hope they can keep it interesting and have depth and variety in the story/combat/environments.

Sirim

It's kinda funny how much he plays up the in-world importance of what sounds like a "kill x number of enemies and collect what they drop" fetch quest.

edit: Honestly this entire video is kinda funny. Not knocking anyone who's excited, but this specific video itself is kind of ridiculous. I mean it's highlighting the importance of a health meter looking like an arrowhead, a damage number (even zooms in on it), a fetch quest. I guess it's marketed to people who only play straight up action games or something and are unfamiliar with any of these concepts being a thing.

gijsbrecht

Neo Member
Okay, this looks extremely fun to play. All these different means of hunting should make the gameplay so varied and open to your own style of playing. And the visuals are amazing for an open world game. I am quite impressed so far.

Top Bottom