• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Horizon Zero Dawn footage.

That guy seems REALLY proud of the fact that this game is an open world RPG with loot, quests, enemies that tower over the player character, etc, as if these are things that have never been done before. The action does not look particularly smooth either.

That being said, I do dig the vibe it has going for it and the World seems really interesting. I just hope it is designed well.

prwxv3

That guy seems REALLY proud of the fact that this game is an open world RPG with loot, quests, enemies that tower over the player character, etc, as if these are things that have never been done before. The action does not look particularly smooth either.

That being said, I do dig the vibe it has going for it and the World seems really interesting. I just hope it is designed well.

Wat, this is their first new IP since the original killzone. of course they are going to be excited

KorrZ

I too found it a bit weird how much he seemed to stress "hey this game is an RPG too!"

Except its an open world game designed by some of the best action combat designers in the gaming industry.

Considering there hasn't been an open world game yet that doesn't have ass combat I would say they have reason to be very excited.(I don't count Batman, Ha)

lumi7890

Look's great, but I really hoped they didn't get rid of the "alloy talk's to herself" stuff. I liked that about her.

Ferr986

Except its an open world game designed by some of the best action combat designers in the gaming industry.

Considering there hasn't been an open world game yet that doesn't have ass combat I would say they have reason to be very excited.(I don't count Batman, Ha)

You forgot Dragon's Dogma bruh.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It looks great and all but am i the only one feeling that horizon is trying too hard to be original?
I love arcade, fantasy, scifi and unrealistic games in general and i hate realism in games, but seeing a game where a girl fights alone using arrows against robo t-rex with laser, hiding in the foliage when it should be really reasonable to expect robots to have night vision, heat view, some kind of radar and so on... It's too much even for me.

This demo was too similar to E3's. But apart from the severe framedrops during the biggest explosions and the occasional pop-in, damn is this game impressive technically. Those graphics, with open world, and destructible environment? Wow.

As soon as I heard the word "stealth" I stopped the video. Not my cup of tea.

Uhh, what? This is not a stealth game in any way, shape or form.

eFKac

Very surprised they have shown new stuff already

Framerate looked rough in those two moments but it looks fantastic like before.

Hopefully they can hit 2016 but I won't be mad if they delay it for polish.

Wagram

I know they hired a fallout writer, but I hope they didn't adopt its framerate as well.

Coldbloooddded.

Elios83

It was an extension of the E3 demo but it looked great. Can't wait to play it next year.
I'd like to see something more story and exploration related next time being a RPG.

Etria

Love the mech dino designs so much. The colour palette that they're using is so beautiful too, not drab browns and greys that the post-apocalyptic genre usually suffers from.
Gameplay looks very interesting and intuitive as well.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The only thing that bothers me, and the thing that I hated Killzone for, is the amount of detail in the environments and colour schemes. Your eyes get drawn everywhere and the character gets slightly lost in all that visual noise.

Tigress

Dragon's Dogma? I mean the only reason that game was saved for me was the really good combat (the story didn't really get me enthralled and the characters all had no personality).

Arion

I want this to just turn out to be a stealth Monster hunter clone. The T-rex robot just needs to do two 180 spin attacks and we are there.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Can't watch because I'm at work, but has she learned to shut up, and have they tweaked the face in anyway? I thought there was something very off with her face in the initial reveal and those were my only complaints because otherwise it looked fantastic.

Garlador

Can't watch because I'm at work, but has she learned to shut up, and have they tweaked the face in anyway? I thought there was something very off with her face in the initial reveal and those were my only complaints because otherwise it looks fantastic.

She doesn't talk as much, and there was nothing wrong with her face.
horizon_zero_dawn.jpg

I could make out with that face all the live long day.

Daeda

Looks pretty ok, but they really need to revisit the HUD somewhat. I mean, why would I as a player constantly need to know my exp level? Or see the damage done when attacking (just communicate that through animation).

Anyway, as with all open world games, we'll have to see whether the world is properly populated etc, but here's to hopinh Guerilla will finally make a superb game (as opposed to just kinda good).

Game is looking good as before, thinking the E3 demo was a bit more polished though.

The video was odd though, he stressed how the UI is meant to be hidden and all that but then proceeds to point out all the stuff on screen... The XP bar in particular is a bad offender and it really doesn't need to be on the screen if your focus is really to keep the UI "clean".

Interested to see where this goes.

BadWolf

New gen Monster Hunter get.

Looked excellent, the design of the world, characters and machines is lovely. Gameplay looks really fun.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I need this in my life.

I also need to go on media blackout now. I already feel like I've seen too much.

Gurish

They need to polish the graphics up but the gameplay looks fun.

Polish the graphics? it's the best looking open world game on consoles by far.
Or do you mean the pop-ins? yea I agree on that, hopefully they can improve it but it's not too bad for an open world game.

Top Bottom