• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Horizon Zero Dawn footage.

Patapwn

The game is looking great. My only worry is that there will be a disconnect between the world and gameplay elements. For example the giant neon squares floating above 'health flowers' is jarring and ruins the feeling of being in a pre-(post) historic world. Hopefully you don't just magically gain health from picking those flowers but instead have to make them into some sort of potion.

The HUD elements are so bloated they really need to cut that shit down. For example, we don't need a huge blue bar telling us our level progress in the right hand corner of the screen. All that can be looked up in a menu thank you very much. Again, another huge disconnect between the world and gameplay elements.

As for the open world itself, I pray that they haven't been taking notes from Ubisoft Game TM.

Skux

They have got to drop that Zero Dawn subtitle.

Then how am I going to Google the game? Horizon is a meaningless name by itself.

People need to remember that this is the same demo they showed at E3. UI and technical performance is probably improved already.

Pif

Banned
I wonder if we can actually visit a part of the massive city, setting up a sequel where you shot people while riding a pimped robo dini.

The way they kept pointing out "LOOK, RPG ELEMENTS" and the over the top description of the Thunderjaw made the whole thing feel I dunno, desperate? Maybe development isn't going too well, that's kinda how it felt to me.

Please stop showing the game. Leave some secrets.
13909016731635494244.GIF

valkyre

if i have an objection , its the UI exp bar... we dont need that shit all the time in our screen Guerilla! Hope there is option to remove it, as well as other UI elements.

This thread is full of shitposts, woah. Game looks great, fun, and pretty unique. It's kinda funny that people here are trying to shit on it because they explained what they're playing and what their game is. Like ???

FHIZ

So if this is the stuff they'd be showing off to press behind close doors, do they really go like "Look at that, it's a compass! So you can infer that this is game has open world elements from the fact that I just showed you a compass... Now let me explain to you what an experience bar is and what that means, boy is it a doozy" because maaaaan, is the first part of this video incredibly dry. It sounds like they're explaining things to children.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
So if this is the stuff they'd be showing off to press behind close doors, do they really go like "Look at that, it's a compass! So you can infer that this is game has open world elements from the fact that I just showed you a compass... Now let me explain to you what an experience bar is and what that means, boy is it a doozy" because maaaaan, is the first part of this video incredibly dry. It sounds like they're explaining things to children.
Maybe they were speaking directly to certain posters on GAF after E3 that claimed it wouldn't have levels and quests and wouldn't be an action-RPG but a regular character action game.

Those people are basically idiots that can't infer or read interviews but have to be spoken to like that.

Whether or not it's a good idea to address that audience is a different point altogether.

Futurematic

"We call it floating combat text"

No, everyone has been calling it that for at least 25 years.

Yeah, they're saying they're following the standard. I dunno why they felt it important to mention on stage, I'll grant you that. Lol.

Game looks great, as long as the UI can turn off. Very excited to see quest quality, based on their current team. (Between this and Uncharted 4 Sony WWS is going to get major tech upgrades for their next generation of games.)

Harmen

The way they kept pointing out "LOOK, RPG ELEMENTS" and the over the top description of the Thunderjaw made the whole thing feel I dunno, desperate? Maybe development isn't going too well, that's kinda how it felt to me.

I have no clue how you arrive to the thought of "maybe development isn't going too well", I really don't. They only revealed it a few months back and just go into some details of that what was presented.

Yeah, they're saying they're following the standard. I dunno why they felt it important to mention on stage, I'll grant you that. Lol.

Game looks great, as long as the UI can turn off. Very excited to see quest quality, based on their current team. (Between this and Uncharted 4 Sony WWS is going to get major tech upgrades for their next generation of games.)

Did you see the amount of speculation after the E3 reveal? People were straight up ignoring the devs saying it was an RPG and just assuming it was going to be an Assassin's Creed style tower-climb-athon.

benny_a

?

I mean why would the pop in and frame-rate be significantly worse in this demo?
There was pop-in in the E3 demo as well. But based on your ignorance to claim they lied at E3 seems rather, I don't know, let's call it shitposty.

Just say I think the game looks mega shitty now while at E3 it looked mega awesome. Don't try to fancify your opinion by making it sound like you know stuff.

Loudninja

?

Did the E3 demo had multiple huge explosions with enemies getting destroy at one time?

Why make stuff up?Its the same demo they show behind close doors too at E3.

?

It's senseless speculation like this is why they need to point out that their game has floating combat text and why everyone seemed to think WiLD was an MMO.

GnawtyDog

Banned
?

The fight played out differently this time around. It was just as noticeable in the reveal, just not as frequent. You think a GTX 980 would have a problem with it if it was seriously PC footage? Not to mention aliasing, pop-in etc...all found in the original reveal.

They just removed the HUD elements - which, as stated, are also a work in progress. I mean everything is a work in progress. For all we know a downgrade might happen in the future. It's always possible. It's not like there is anything superior to it on the market on the same or similar scope. Definitely not Witcher 3 on PS4.

Vire

But you don't have any actual proof to the claim?
Jesus everything is not so personal. I'm merely noting that the E3 demo from what I saw ran significantly better than this demo. This is not a fabrication, I've watched the E3 demo many many times because it was my Game of the show.

Then the entire watchdogs come in and try and lynch me. Can't say anything negative about an exclusive game on this forum.

benny_a

Can't say anything negative about an exclusive game on this forum.
Say whatever the fuck you want that is stated as opinion. Don't make it sound like you know actually something that is going on. You clearly do not.

Edit: Just to make it extra clear by way of analogy. You are not Shergaf Holmes and just deduced the fuck out the two demonstrations.

Top Bottom