• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSeed working on 3 unannounced PC games ?

I've been looking to SteamDB right now (mainly to look for the european price for Danganronpa ! :< ) and I found that XSeed had a page with all of their games on Steam:

https://steamdb.info/sub/13578/apps/

All the Ys games, the two Trails games and Akiba's Trip. But also unreleased games, such as Corpse Party (which seems to be still alive), Little King Story, Senran Kagura and Xanadu Next... but also 3 unnamed apps, which has been updated this month (and it was a specific update, not the Valve generic one):
https://steamdb.info/app/427700/subs/
https://steamdb.info/app/436670/subs/
https://steamdb.info/app/427680/subs/

So.. more XSeed games coming to Steam ?

Eolz

I can see another SK game coming later, and more vite games being ported.
Better to wait and see, they already have a packed schedule.

One is probably Senran Kagura Estival Versus. Though no doubt it'll be a long time before it comes out so they can give Shinovi Versus breathing room.

Tizoc

DINOSAUR RESEURCTION
BRANDISH THE DARK REVENAN
BRANDISH 2 THE MOTHERFUCKING PLANET BUSTER
Do it xseed gimme dat falcom goodness
Inject it into my veins

18-Volt

Luminous Arc Infinity, Net High and Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni.

There are too many Vita exclusive stuff coming through their way so porting them to Steam would do good for them.

Luminous Arc Infinity, Net High and Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni.

There are too many Vita exclusive stuff coming through their way so porting them to Steam would do good for them.

This was my thoughts as well. Bring all the Vita games, just with PC ports at the same time.

StereoVsn

Doesn't Xseed only have one programmer on staff? Some of the guesses I just can't see happening unless original Dev does the port themselves.

18-Volt

Doesn't Xseed only have one programmer on staff? Some of the guesses I just can't see happening unless original Dev does the port themselves.

That's why they're probably Marvelous games, nothing else. Marvelous JP has enough manpower to port them but for games from other publishers, XSEED will have to port them by themselves.

LOCALIZE UPPERS

Based on recent trailers, I doubt the company's position has changed from the one described in this Destructoid interview:

Ken Berry said:
So Uppers does have some elements in there that we will need to get a better look at to see how much of an issue it will be in the US. And Valkyrie Drive, pretty much the entire game is based on that kind of stuff. That's another one we're going to have to learn more about to see if it's even feasible to release in the West as they are. Because, if we have to edit them down too much or censor too much content, then, at that point, we have to consider if it's even worth doing. Because the fans that want the game, they want it uncensored, and censoring the content isn't going to appease the people that had no interest in buying it anyways.

Cleve

Has there been any recent news on cold steel 2? I remember hearing that it was mostly complete, but I imagine they'll want a decent window between 1 & 2.

Eila

Lol it's not Trails, people. I imagine they put the people that worked on SC on the other stalled PC games (Corpse Party mostly) and the other team is still working on Sen II.
But I'd love to be wrong ;)

After the semi-disappointing results we've seen from SC and Cold Steel, eh. Would love these but if we ever do get them it's going to be 2025 at least and we will all be dead by then.

Did they say something about Cold Steel?

Lol it's not Trails, people. I imagine they put the people that worked on SC on the other stalled PC games (Corpse Party mostly) and the other team is still working on Sen II.
But I'd love to be wrong ;)

Corpse Party only needs PC port work, and they only have one person that does that (Super Programmer Sara). Everyone else works in localization. The other PC ports are outsourced

So what I'm saying is it's Trails

I can see another SK game coming later, and more vite games being ported.
Better to wait and see, they already have a packed schedule.

One is probably Senran Kagura Estival Versus. Though no doubt it'll be a long time before it comes out so they can give Shinovi Versus breathing room.

Whether or not Estival Versus is one of these 3 games, I really hope it makes its way onto the platform eventually.

The jump in visual fidelity/performance from SV on Vita to EV on PS4 was huge and it would be great to get that jump again by getting the chance to play on whatever hardware you're willing to throw at it.

Eila

Corpse Party only needs PC port work, and they only have one person that does that (Super Programmer Sara). Everyone else works in localization. The other PC ports are outsourced

So what I'm saying is it's Trails

So you think they're already working on the 3rd?

Ganado

Also, all of those apps were added AFTER Senran Kagura, which means they aren't dead old apps (like Halo).

So you think they're already working on the 3rd?

Nah I wasn't completely serious. There won't be any Trails news for a good while, we still have CS II this year.

And 3rd is an extremely difficult proposition. Only 10% of FC owners on Steam finished the game and bought SC. Going from SC to 3rd there will be even less, probably by a significant amount. I can't see it happening in the near future.

Maybe Ao is more likely since it's a new entry point, but the PC port situation is pretty messed up.

Tizoc

This is all I ask for XSEED
tlamLUp.jpg

tlamLUp.jpg

tlamLUp.jpg

Shizuka

I don't think XSEED's desperate to port everything on Steam when their last two games struggled to meet numbers that'd match Vita sales.

Mozendo

DINOSAUR RESEURCTION
BRANDISH THE DARK REVENAN
BRANDISH 2 THE MOTHERFUCKING PLANET BUSTER
Do it xseed gimme dat falcom goodness
Inject it into my veins

I'd lose my shit if Dinosaur Resurrection.
I wonder if the Resurrection version has the FM Oscillator soundtrack, that'd be sweet, love Tower of Spirits

Mozendo

Oh I just remembered that there was 3 PC games Birds of a Feather games was fan translating until they had to stop because they lost coders.

I wonder if XSeed picked the games up

Top Bottom