• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

Burbeting

Banned
1-shot recruiter???

Sorry, that role is basically banned in almost every community I've seen :D.

Now I can't feel bad about losing.

Palmer_v1

real question.

are you fucking kidding me?

No sir, we are not kidding.

For whoever asked, I was Vince McMahon. 1 shot BP Godfather. Our fake role claims were Bret Hart, Rey Mysterio, and someone else.

I considered claiming Bam Bam Bigelow for the laughs. 1 shot redirector.

nin1000

Banned
squiyj ( has been stripped of his role on N1 )
Congratulations, you are Shane McMahon!

As the boss’s son, you’re very much in the know but you're also a crazy man which makes you a 1-Shot day cop.

One time during the game, you may shout out HERE COMES THE MONEY in the thread. I will then look up the player with the most votes and post in the thread either RIGHT ON THE MONEY (He is Mafia) or I’M AFRAID THERE IS NO MONEY (he is not Mafia).

You are aligned with Town.

You win when all Mafia-aligned players have been eliminated.

If there are any questions left feel free to ask :)

The game thread can be found here

You can Subscribe to the thread here.

Please confirm that you received this message by replying to this message as well as posting in the game thread with “my body is ready.”

Good Luck and have fun!

Stanleypalmtree
Congratulations, you are Goldust!

You are useless and you take PRIDE in it so let it show! At least you can vote, eh?

Every Day phase, you are able to Vote to throw someone out of the ring.

You are aligned with Town

Please confirm that you received this message by replying to this message as well as posting in the game thread with “my body is ready.”

SalvaPot

Congratulations, you are Big Show!

You're big, strong and you often play go-between when a heel is avoiding fighting someone which makes you a Bodyguard.
Each night, you may PM me the command GUARD: <player> to target a player and protect them from any kill attempts (you will die if you successfully protect someone).

Good luck and have fun!

Nukedeggs

Congratulations, you are The Shockmaster!

You were fucked from the moment you debuted. Between that terrible Stormtrooper get-up to the debut itself that you royally fucked up, The Shockmaster was pretty shocking which makes you a "Botching" Priest.

You cannot be the hammer vote on a lynch. If you attempt to hammer, you will botch the lynch and cause a no-lynch.

Good luck and have fun!

Burbeting ( Has been stripped of his role in N2 )

Congratulations, you are CM Punk!

Your indifference to society made people question your alignment, whether you were a face or a heel which makes you a Miller.

Under investigation, you will show up as guilty.

Town

Good luck and have fun!

--------

Mafia Players

Blargonaut ( has been recruited on n1 )

Congratulations, you are John Cena!

You're John Cena! Literally everyone loves you which makes you a Beloved Townie.

It takes one vote more than the majority to lynch you.

Good luck and have fun!

Terrabyte20xx

Congratulations, you are Triple H!

You are one of the most powerful men in the industry and are proud of it!

You have the boss’s ear, an element of power over people's future, which makes you a 3-Shot Roleblocker.

During three night phases, you may PM me the command BLOCK: <player> to roleblock a player, stopping them from using any roles during that phase.

You are aligned with the MAFIA.

Your fake claim is Macho Man Randy Savage

You win when you and your team controls the majority.

The Mafia chat can be found here

Good luck and have fun!

Robotninjahornets

Congratulations, you are Shawn Michaels!

You made your way up to the top of WWF and WWE by being a sweet talker!

An ability you continue to hold to this very day which makes you the
1-Shot "Sweet Talking" Recruiter.

One time during the night, you may PM me the command RECRUIT: <player> to recruit a player to join your team and aid your cause. Because of your sweet-talking nature, the player you select will always accept.

Good luck and have fun!

Batsnacks

Congratulations, you are Hollywood Hogan!

You're arguably the best worker in the business...in the most political sense of the word.

You're very good at talking people into buying into the Kool-Aid you're selling
which makes you a Double Voter.

Each day, your vote will count as two. You will vote by using the command DOUBLE: <player>.

Good luck and have fun!

Palmer_v1

Congratulations, you are Vince McMahon!

Since screwing Bret Hart out of the WWF Title in the infamous Montreal Screw-Job, you've been one of the most reviled figures in the business. You have worked to the point where you now have a monopoly over the entire wrestling industry which makes you The Godfather.

You are 1-Shot Bulletproof and will show as “Town” if investigated.

Your Fake claim is Bret Hart.

Good luck and have fun!

Cornburrito

Congratulations, you are Randy Orton!

You are one of the most hated personas in WWE history, which makes you very very angry!

You are SO angry that you can only focus on one thing. VOTING!

Each day you have the power to Vote

Your Fake claim is Rey Mysterio.

Good luck and have fun!

---------

Neutrals Roles

Ultron87

Congratulations, you are The Repo Man!

Your Role is one of the most memorable ever and stands out as the sort of gimmick that could have gotten you to the WWF Title... or not.
All of this makes you The Repossessor. Each night you get to repossess a role, targeting a player and permanently stripping them of their role, turning them Vanilla. They will keep their alignment. PM me the command REPOSSESS: <player>

You are aligned with Yourself.

Your fake claim is Eddie Guerrero.

You win if you are alive when no other live players have a role.

Good luck and have fun!

Bronx-Man

Congratulations, you are THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR!

You are the most powerful and INSANE person on the whole WWF roster. How the crowd could like someone like you is beyond me but they do, so whatever.

Since you are as crazy as you look you have the urge to take everyone out which makes you a Serial Killer.

Each night, you may target and kill a player by PMing me the command KILL: <player>.

You are aligned with Yourself.

Your fake claim is Randy "The Macho Man" Savage.

You win when you are the last man standing.

Good luck and have fun!

squidyj

5 scum. 6 scum votes. and a recruitment power.

your game was bullshit from the start nin.

1. I can't believe you guys still lynched me even after I plead my RL case ;~;

My schedule frees up immensley tomorrow so I was going to start puttin' in work.

2. Can we bring back #ScraftyWasRight cuz three of my four suspicious persons turned out to be scum.

*Splinter

2 points:

1. There was some stuff here I would not have let slide for a main season game.
2. Night 1 was like the perfect storm of shit going wrong for town.
Kinda disagree with both of these Ouro.

2. Kalor was never gonna live long. 8 non-town players in this game plus whoever gets recruited. Even if he manages to hit town there's still a chance of him getting double killed.
The only other thing that went wrong was the Vig killed town - again not unlikely.

1. Whyyyy was it even allowed mid season.

Burbeting

Banned
Hey, you did good overall, just maybe didn't follow up as well as you could have? Like you and burb were opposites this game. We talked about killing you for your activity.

I got flack in Woof2 in being not committing enough, so I tried to commit more this time... only to fail :p.

SalvaPot

I had fun, that is good enough for me. After Night 1 I knew town was 100% fucked, they got pretty much all the strong roles killed. From there it was just riding the wave.

Nin you crazy bastard <3.

Palmer_v1

Damn, it WAS Bronx. It felt Meta-gamey so I never pursued it, but when Bowlie dropped, I knew it wasn't cause scum pressure, so I wondered if he was Neutral.

Gonna come back for more Mafia, Bronx-man? SK is a tough as hell role to win as.

Did we double target cabot N2?

nin1000

Banned

Crab once said the mid season games are like the Wild Wild West. I knew the game was kind of swingy but yes N1 was a shitfest to say the least. I had the best intentions while creating this game and hope i did not offend anyone with it.

Palmer_v1

2. Kalor was never gonna live long. 8 non-town players in this game plus whoever gets recruited. Even if he manages to hit town there's still a chance of him getting double killed.
The only other thing that went wrong was the Vig killed town - again not unlikely.

We considered RB'ing Magnum N1, but decided he was probably going to kill either Retro, Burb, or Scrafty. Kalor was just bad luck for town.

nukedeggs

I should've used my no-lynch skill, it would've been a small rebellion that did nothing but drag the game on longer lol

Hey, you did good overall, just maybe didn't follow up as well as you could have? Like you and burb were opposites this game. We talked about killing you for your activity.
Hey thanks! I guess I should've stuck to my guns more but after Kawl I got scared lmao

I'm glad you survived the experience lol
Survived? Lol I'll never be the same again....@-@

Palmer_v1

Crab once said the mid season games are like the Wild Wild West. I knew the game was kind of swingy but yes N1 was a shitfest to say the least. I had the best intentions while creating this game and hope i did not offend anyone with it.

The recruiter AND scum doublevoter was too much. One or the other should probably have been changed.

We did get incredibly lucky D1/N1.

Again, sorry about the Undertaker thing. Blame Cabot. Or Ouro.

Ourobolus

Banned

All right, I'll go more in-depth here.

1. To be perfectly honest, I will take the hit and say that I totally glazed over the fact that a recruiter + doublevoter is insane. I'll own up to that one, that was my own idiocy.

2. Yes and no. Look at CzarTim in Woof. Hider can be a useful role, but Kalor outed himself on D1 (as did several others). So yes, his time was definitely running short, since Mafia would never bother actually trying to hit him.

So feel free to throw many complaints at me, I'm fine with it - I've said it before - I'm not perfect when it comes to this stuff and I definitely make mistakes. I'm done modding after this season anyway, so you can be free from my apparent shenanigans.

Some things, however horrible they are, can also serve as public lessons. While I could have brought it up to nin beforehand (and for some things, I did), players who may have had some crazy ideas in mind know that this is a no-no for the future.

Btw, I'd like to hear from others what gave me away as scum. Several people scumread me pretty seriously.

I wanna improve my scum game.

squidyj

i'm a little bit offended.

SalvaPot

But holy shit Nin you put almost no downsides on the scum team. They had everything. Kills, blocks, recruiters, bulletproof and a fucking double vote. And the neutrals pretty much needed the stars to align to even get close to winning. Town could won if the night 1 went perfectly.

I'll have to work harder if I want to make a crazier game than this.

nin1000

Banned
All right, I'll go more in-depth here.

1. To be perfectly honest, I will take the hit and say that I totally glazed over the fact that a recruiter + doublevoter is insane. I'll own up to that one, that was my own idiocy.

2. Yes and no. Look at CzarTim in Woof. Hider can be a useful role, but Kalor outed himself on D1 (as did several others). So yes, his time was definitely running short, since Mafia would never bother actually trying to hit him.

So feel free to throw many complaints at me, I'm fine with it - I've said it before - I'm not perfect when it comes to this stuff and I definitely make mistakes. I'm done modding after this season anyway, so you can be free from my apparent shenanigans.

Some things, however horrible they are, can also serve as public lessons. While I could have brought it up to nin beforehand (and for some things, I did), players who may have had some crazy ideas in mind know that this is a no-no for the future.

In the end those were my ideas and it was also my fault to not have let another player or mod take a look over the game. I for one did NOT think i would have turned out the way it did since in my eyes Town was at least as powerful as Mafia was.

Lesson learned, i knew since N1 that the shit would hit me and i am willing to admit that this "game" was my idea. Like i said earlier sorry for everyone who did not have fun with it. I had the best intentions while creating it.

Dont worry since i will not be hosting games any time sooner. It was fun taking a peek behind curtains but i prefer playing the game than hosting one.

Kawl_USC

Nah, scum may have been strong, but it's also not like the game took forever to play out. As a mid season it's kind of a fun kooky distraction. At least I'm not too torn up over it, despite my vanilla ness.

batsnacks

Mafia team played good together, it wasn't just stacked roles and good luck. Props to my team.

In case any future town vigilantes are reading, every time you shoot night 1 you kill .66 townies and .33 mafia... which is bad for town.

squidyj

So I did scumread kawl pretty hard but the thing is...... I lied near the end there, I actually found the breakdown to be genuine but I was looking at CB at that point in time.

You did good, nuked.

I'd also like to say this

GG nukedeggs et al., you fought well

1twMff1.gif

But in the end, time was on their side

NnAqrow.gif

ultron87

One Shot Recruiter that recruits anyone feels pretty messed up in general, but it is especially messed up with the multiple roles with day abilities that the mod confirms.

In case any future town vigilantes are reading, every time you shoot night 1 you kill .66 townies and .33 mafia... which is bad for town.

If you're unlimited shot like Magnum was I think you fire every night. It's the same argument as lynching day 1.

batsnacks

One Shot Recruiter that recruits anyone feels pretty messed up in general, but it is especially messed up with the multiple roles with day abilities that the mod confirms.

If you're unlimited shot like Magnum was I think you fire every night. It's the same argument as lynching day 1.
You lynch day 1 for votes. Only one person votes on the vig shot, it's different. You shouldn't fire n1.

Kawl_USC

Also, any one who is frustrated with the set up feel free to join my game and lynch Nin for restitution!

I still think the game was fine enough Nin, but I gotta play to my audience here

You lynch day 1 for votes. Only one person votes on the vig shot, it's different. You shouldn't fire n1.
Yea but if you have a two person race who both seem suspicious a vig gives both flips by shooting.

My heart dropped when Cabot got resurrected because I knew there was no way in hell I'd get him lynched. My role probably could have used either his name from the beginning or at least a night search, like what I had in the Cthulhu game.

Btw, I'd like to hear from others what gave me away as scum. Several people scumread me pretty seriously.

I wanna improve my scum game.

For me it was the fact that you backed off of squidy IMMEDIATELY after I questioned if you'd let him use his power on you, which set off a lot of alarm bells in my head. It was as if you wanted to end that line of inquiry in its tracks as fast as possible.

Had I had the ability to be more committed to the game I would've roasted you extra hard on Day 2 for that but alas.

cabot

My heart dropped when Cabot got resurrected because I knew there was no way in hell I'd get him lynched. My role probably could have used either his name from the beginning or at least a night search, like what I had in the Cthulhu game.

My claim was a sweet moment at least.

Though nin changed the rules at the last hour, saying I wouldn't come back till a day in.

I was about 60% sure you guys would turbo before I got to come back.

Top Bottom