• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank |OT| The Game based on the Movie based on the Game

kFkz3p9.jpg

N1HFlGh.jpg

---
EXTRA STUFF + text version
GENERAL INFO
Platform - PS4
Space Required - 24.5GB
Price - US $40, CA $50, EUR €40, GBP £28, AU $55
Release Dates - NA 12.4.16, FR 15.4.16, EU&AU 20.4.16, UK 22.4.16

OVERVIEW
Ratchet & Clank blasts onto PlayStation 4 for the first time, with a new game based on elements from the original Ratchet & Clank (PS2). Ratchet & Clank (PS4) re-imagines the characters’ origin stories and modernizes the original gameplay. Featuring all-new boss fights, several new planets, new flight sequences, and much more – with completely new visuals constructed to take advantage of the power of the PS4.

Produced alongside the major motion picture coming to theatres in 2016, Ratchet & Clank (PS4) is a curated experience borrowing from the spirit of the classic PS2 titles while infusing some of the best elements from the Ratchet & Clank Future games. Return to the Solana Galaxy and find all your favorite characters: Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and super villain Chairman Drek, as well as many new ones in this third-person action-adventure platformer. Explore exotic planets, collect out-of-this-world weapons, and help Ratchet and Clank save the galaxy for the first time, again.

• About an hour of cinematics, including footage from the feature film
  • All-new visuals
  • New weapons and fan-favorites from across the entire series
  • Several new planets
  • Revamped gameplay
  • New bosses, Clank gameplay, and flight sequences

Consumer

Apparently the main story takes a little over 5h, which is comparable to the other main R&C entries. Hopefully this one's as good as ACiT!

-------

OP, I am mildly disappointed that you didn't do this:

|OT| The Thread based on The Game based on the Movie based on the Game

I'm so ready for this. Ratchet and Clank was easily my favorite franchise on the PS2 and I can't wait to see what they've done with it here.

RK128

While I'm not getting this at launch due to not owning a PS4, I plan on getting this alongside my PS4 this June :).

Can't wait to play this and I hope everyone enjoys the game a lot when it comes out this Tuesday :D!

The Lamp

I keep buying R&C games and only playing the first couple of hours before I get distracted from the strafing shooting gameplay and do something else in my life, then I completely forget about the game. Then again, I have a huge problem finishing games these days.

Then a new one comes out and I get sucked into buying it and feel the same. I still haven't played Crack in Time, though.

Maybe this one will be the one to win me over.

Pedersen

Now the question is: do I wait for EU release to get a physical copy or download it on the US store? I have every mainline game in physical so it would be kinda nice to get this one too, but the waait arghnfnf..:/

Blobbers

Apparently the main story takes a little over 5h, which is comparable to the other main R&C entries. Hopefully this one's as good as ACiT!

OP, I am mildly disappointed that you didn't do this:

|OT| The Thread based on The Game based on the Movie based on the Game

Excuse moi? I don't know how I feel about this. I guess God of War is about that length and still amazing, but you gotta have great pacing and variety to pull of a 5 hour action game.

jonno394

Excuse moi? I don't know how I feel about this. I guess God of War is about that length and still amazing, but you gotta have great pacing and variety to pull of a 5 hour action game.

One person blitzed through, that's all this is being based on (I believe)

Consumer

I wonder if the next R&C game will be a reimagining of Going Commando or if they'll continue the story from Into the Nexus.

It's about the same or longer than past R&C games, and for a fraction of the price. If you play through the game normally doing side stuff as well, it should take 10+ hours for your first playthrough. Don't forget the New Game+ mode with new weapons to buy.

So in total it'll take 15-20 hours to complete I reckon.

So hyped for this. Some personal project deadlines mean my copy will sit unopened until the end of the month but YES A NEW RATCHET & CLANK.

BraXzy

Nice OT! The media section doesn't quite fit on my resolution though?

I'm hyped for this and I'm getting it for my lil bro too. Shame I have to wait for the UK release :(

What do they perceive it to be? An HD remaster or a sequel?

It's apparently a retelling of R&C1 from Quark's perspective.

You sure? I don't recall piloting a ship in R&C1.
I didn't hear about the Quark perspective. All I heard its a Remake.

It's had one space flight
Against Quark

Smellycat

WOW

This game is gorgeous

It is too bad that I don't have a PS4. I have played the original trilogy on PS2 and they were some of my favorite games

What do they perceive it to be? An HD remaster or a sequel?

It's apparently a retelling of R&C1 from Quark's perspective.

You sure? I don't recall piloting a ship in R&C1. Thought that came in later games.

Pokitaru, Drek's Fleet, Qwark Boss battle on Gemlik Base. Ring a bell?

Top Bottom