• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank |OT| The Game based on the Movie based on the Game

thenexus6

Pre ordered it today. Never finished the first game.

Back on PS2 I just moved onto other things, and on Vita got to the last boss - but was so frustrated with the overall experience and controls of that port.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Will buy as soon as i pay the rent lol

LordofPwn

You sure? I don't recall piloting a ship in R&C1. Thought that came in later games.
There were a couple places where you flew a ship in R&C 1, atleast 3 locations had it.

Also great job OP, I only suggest you change the US date to be more American, then again the game comes out so soon it won't really matter.

From all the stuff I've seen its been like 95% same planets as the original so I feel like if it's the same map layout, I'm going to steamroll through this, and if it's not it may break my mind.

Very hyped. Might call in sick Tuesday.

mishakoz

All my hopes and dreams are on this game.

I love this franchise. It has had a mixed history and the last several titles have been half-assed, often adopting current trends like 4 player co-op and tower defense. I never hoped in my wildest dreams ratchet and clank would see the PS4. Im so happy they have the chance.

That said, I hope that Sony doesn't squander the opportunity. They need to helm this as a kid franchise, one of their few, and with the movie along side it. Ratchet and clank on PS2 got me thru my younger years and I think there is room for a trigger happy lombax to be a part of a new generations childhood.

My greatest fear is that Sony drops the marketing ball, which they already seen like they have. Both the game and the movie have seen hardly any marketing, and thus, ratchet and clank won't sell and will end abruptly. I would have been happy with Crack in Time being the final entry, but I hope if it continues they get a proper send off instead of some of the crap on PS3.

I love this franchise. It has had a mixed history and the last several titles have been half-assed, often adopting current trends like 4 player co-op and tower defense. I never hoped in my wildest dreams ratchet and clank would see the PS4. Im so happy they have the chance.

Did you play Into the Nexus? I played it through in one day last year on PS Now and really enjoyed it. It wraps up a few loose ends of the Future storyline too :)

OT | screenshots

Some gameplay and release infos please!

There's 11 video links, the release dates for North America, France, Europe, and the UK, and the HDD space required. I couldn't find much other "release infos."

I didn't include gifs because I didn't want the OT to become a massive bandwidth hog.

Vire

That said, I hope that Sony doesn't squander the opportunity. They need to helm this as a kid franchise, one of their few, and with the movie along side it. Ratchet and clank on PS2 got me thru my younger years and I think there is room for a trigger happy lombax to be a part of a new generations childhood.

My greatest fear is that Sony drops the marketing ball, which they already seen like they have. Both the game and the movie have seen hardly any marketing, and thus, ratchet and clank won't sell and will end abruptly. I would have been happy with Crack in Time being the final entry, but I hope if it continues they get a proper send off instead of some of the crap on PS3.

It's number 5 on Amazon Games for what it's worth.

Consumer

I didn't hear about the Quark perspective. All I heard its a Remake.

I read that Qwark narrates the game which is why it's more Michael-Bay-esque than the original game, which would make sense. I think Insomniac's not calling it a remake/reboot because they want this to coexist with R&C1, not replace it if that makes sense.

Pokitaru, Drek's Fleet, Qwark Boss battle on Gemlik Base. Ring a bell?

Ah yes, I had to YT it but I remember. I played through the first 4 R&C remasters within ~2 weeks a while ago, so all the games kinda blurred together and amalgamated into 1 awesome experience.

Still, this takes the piloting to a whole new level it seems. Can't wait!

Yogg

There's 11 video links, the release dates for North America, France, Europe, and the UK, and the HDD space required. Not much other "release infos."

I didn't include gifs because I didn't want the OT to become a massive bandwidth hog.

I still don't know about the price, the new planets, the weapons available, or gameplay additions. Sorry for nitpicking! Thanks for the OT in any case.

I still don't know about the price, the new planets, the weapons available, or gameplay additions. Sorry for nitpicking! Thanks for the OT in any case.
I'll admit I don't know much about the new planets. Didn't add a weapons section as I thought the videos covered them nicely, might do that.

Price is a good point. Will add!

Naudi

Banned
Ok just pre ordered through amazon, cant beat 32$! Cant wait to play this, have been waiting forever for PS4 Ratchet!

TVGamer

Neo Member
Can't wait for this game, been excited for it since the announcement. Looks great (the gameplay itself and just the graphics too, damn)

hydruxo

So anybody know if the physical copy has the Bouncer preorder code inside it?

I won't be able to buy the game until Friday, or maybe late afternoon Thursday so I'm trying to figure out if I should even bother preordering or just pick it up at gamestop without preordering

So if i buy the game from the French PSN Store, will it have a german dub? Because from the looks of it, the game is the same across the French and other EU stores.
"CUSA01073"

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Been looking forward to this for a long time. It's absolutely gorgeous and, even though I've played and enjoyed a couple of them, I've never actually completed a R&C game because I always had a nagging feeling I was missing something because I hadn't played the older ones. This release is perfect for me.

Been looking forward to this for a long time. It's absolutely gorgeous and, even though I've played and enjoyed a couple of them, I've never actually completed a R&C game because I always had a nagging feeling I was missing something because I hadn't played the older ones. This release is perfect for me.
If you have a PS3, you can buy the collection with the first 3 games for 20 bucks. is much more worth it in my opinion.

Playsage

Regarding the Trophy List...
Only 2 Gold trophy? Ok. And Nefarious is actually final boss instead of Drek? RETCONS!!!

I'm feeling an alternate universe/reboot in this one... Still, can't wait to play it!

so i heard the game is 5 hours long
The first quote is from the person who completed it in 5 hours.

When I posted my original time of about five and a half hours, I NEVER indicated that the game is light on content. I knew people would be quick to point out the time, but simply ignore everything else I said.

There is a large amount of content in this game for what it is, and even today I am still going back to complete things I skipped the first time. 5.5 hours is indicative of literally the BARE MINIMUM so please remember that. This game is absolutely worth your purchase even if you are not a Ratchet and Clank fan. However, I don't see this game lasting you forever unless you feel like playing it ten times. The way I see it, the game is a perfect weekend game that will last you about 10-20 hours depending what you want to get out of it.

I can say much because of the embargo, but it took me around 10 hours to finish the game with some optional stuff done and half the gold bolts collected.

And after you finish the game, you unlock the
Challenge mode
. To be honest, I think the duration of this R&C is on par with previous tittles.

Played it in 10 hours on normal difficulty. Beat it. Loved it. Review coming tomorrow.

Vire

so i heard the game is 5 hours long

200.gif

Top Bottom