• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank |OT| The Game based on the Movie based on the Game

Tuck

I need it.

Seriously, I love this franchise. Ratchet and Clank is one of my favourite video game series. I'm so happy Insomniac hasn't given up on it. To me, Ratchet and Clank are up there with the greatest (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Metal Gear Solid, Dark Souls, And Uncharted).

The game looks amazing and I'm gonna play the shit out of it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
200.gif

too perfect

Tuck

Screw the haters, A4O was an awesome co-op game.

And Into The Nexus, while short, was a blast as well (And had one of the best Ratchet levels in a long while).

ACiT gets a lot of praise around here, and while it was really good, I felt like the Ratchet levels were a bit by the numbers, and not very memorable overall. At least, relative to what had come before.

On the subject of length, you'll never please everyone. Too long and they'll say they won't have time, too short and they'll say it ain't worth it. I for one will be getting this day one, I'm kind of looking forward to more focused experiences, too many open world games as of late for my tastes.

RK128

Screw the haters, A4O was an awesome co-op game.

And Into The Nexus, while short, was a blast as well (And had one of the best Ratchet levels in a long while).

ACiT gets a lot of praise around here, and while it was really good, I felt like the Ratchet levels were a bit by the numbers, and not very memorable overall. At least, relative to what had come before.

I would aruge that it was a very fun single player platformer :). It just lacks the great gun-play from past games and that is distracting.

I was going to cancel this to free up money because I'm trying to save up for school, but it was too late. Oh well. I'll wait for more reviews and decide whether or not to return it based on them.

Rian

Neo Member
Can't wait to sink my teeth into some good ol' R&C. A great time for me right before UC4 as well. I love me some Insomniac (including SO)!

cftrooper

Will there be a day one patch? Because I'll unfortunately be in a situation where I won't have internet when this comes out. :(

To those who played the final game: IS it clean or is it as jaggy as the latest screenshots?
Because those looked horrible compared to the bullshots.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Into the Nexus on PS Now? I realise the game isn't connected to R&C 2016, but it's the only PS3-era Ratchet game I've not played and my PS3 died on me a few years ago now.

Boke1879

i'm gonna go on my rant again and say this is the most stupid marketing in ages

i dont want to watch streamers play a game thats not even out yet

Then don't lol. It's not aimed at us anyway. It's mostly aimed at his fanbase who may have no interest in the game but thinks it looks cool.

That said he only has 6k watching. Dan does have a consistent userbase, but ti's hard to imagine how this help sell the game when only 6k people are watching. Maybe it helps spread positive WOM, but I can't see this doing much.

Maybe if you got someone like Lirik who has a constant 30k viewer base per stream that could help.

FelipeMGM

i'm gonna go on my rant again and say this is the most stupid marketing in ages

i dont want to watch streamers play a game thats not even out yet

Well, its the 13th most watched game on twitch right now over stuff like Minecraft, Starcraft II, The Division and Overwatch, not bad at all

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Well, its the 13th most watched game on twitch right now over stuff like Minecraft, Starcraft II, The Division and Overwatch, not bad at all

With the Story Trailer at over 5.8 million views now, it raising on the Amazon charts and staying high pretty steadily the last couple of weeks, a $40 price point, as well as being buzzed about all over the web... this game is going to do a lot better than most expect. It will even have another push when the movie hits I expect, almost to the effect Battlefront was seeing with TFA theater and now home release.

I think people are itching for these nostalgic like Action/Platformer games in the sea of Shooters, RPG, Open World adventures. I surely am! I am almost more amped about this than Uncharted 4, and I love me some Uncharted.

wouwie

I love the franchise and always hoped we would see it on PS4. I hope sales are going to be good enough to warrant new games in the future.

I still have to wait until the 20th but i'm sure it will be worth it. I normally go through each R&C multiple times so i should be good for quite a few hours of pure fun :)

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm super excited for this.

I already pre-ordered the physical release from Amazon, so hopefully it will actually arrive on Tuesday.

I saw that my Dark Souls 3 Day One Edition isn't going to arrive until Thursday, so I'm annoyed. Day one my ass.

With that said, it means I'll at least have more time to play Ratchet. I planned on live-streaming an hour of R&C Tuesday after work, then an hour of DS3 as well. Looks like I'll be able to live stream R&C for much longer on Tuesday and Wednesday, then do my DS3 live-stream on Thursday.

I always planned on beating Ratchet first, although those games tend to take me at least 20+ hours to complete, because I love to explore every nook and cranny, and max out all the weapons.

FelipeMGM

With the Story Trailer at over 5.8 million views now, it raising on the Amazon charts and staying high pretty steadily the last couple of weeks, a $40 price point, as well as being buzzed about all over the web... this game is going to do a lot better than most expect. It will even have another push when the movie hits I expect, almost to the effect Battlefront was seeing with TFA theater and not home release.

I think people are itching for these nostalgic like Action/Platformer games in the sea of Shooters, RPG, Open World adventures. I surely am! I am almost more amped about this than Uncharted 4, and I love me some Uncharted.

I agree, just think Sony was a little short on marketing with this one, hope it doesnt affect as much.

But yes, the movie push, being a game in a genre that doesnt have many competitors and being only 40 bucks, this has great potential. I cant wait to play it, I love R&C and Insomniac style so much

lynux3

Just pre-ordered this. Can't wait. Tuesday is going to be a great day. Ratchet & Clank, Destiny April update, Incursions in The Division.

Top Bottom