• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank |OT| The Game based on the Movie based on the Game

Consumer

Anyone know the weapon level caps? Both base versions & upgraded versions. I liked Deadlocked's system the most; IIRC weapons maxed out at 10 then their challenge mode variants went to lv99 with a significant upgrade every 10 levels.

Also, how many weapons are there?

For the love of God, if you read or post on NeoGAF, play he game on hard.

I'm also the type that never uses weapons after they are maxed and tries not to abuse the groovitron, though the late bosses on hard will test that.

Challenge mode is in of course.

Haven't played a R&C game since they added difficulties for the mainline games so I take it Hard is closer to the default difficulty of the trilogy on the PS2 then.

Edit: Of course I played those games when I was sub 10 so they probably were never that hard to begin with in actuality, but I do recall the original being harder than the latter two because it was almost a different style of game.

Never really played the first or second R&C games so I'm good to go. May play the second one after I beat this one. Always love me some mainline R&C games!

Camjo-Z

I'm making a little bet with myself for this game, if I can get enough work done before it comes out then I'll go for it.

Wow I didn't think this was coming out so soon. I've enjoyed all the R&C games I've played and I love colorful games in general. I'll likely pick this up at launch or shortly after.

reKon

Banned
I really have no interest in a 'challenging' Ratchet and Clank experience to be honest. I'm buying Dark Soul 3 for that, R&C is gonna be my reprieve. Probably will just play normal.

It will be too easy and you'll feel overpowered. Hard is the perfect difficulty for an experienced gamer

EDIT: I didn't read anything after, and was clearly beaten in telling you this

Lirrik

IdealActualJackal.gif

This reminds me Beyond Good & Evil so much.

JSoup

Banned
He's right if he's comparing the pre rendered cutscenes of the PS2 games to some of the in game cutscenes of this game. (The ones that don't use complex scripted animations). The PS2 games didn't use in game cutscenes, so all of them were very expressive.

Of course that's not an even comparison, just pointing out that that was probably what he was noticing.

This.
It's really only a noticeable difference because the original trilogy was prone to elaborate hand gestures for reason that I've always assumed started with "technical limitations".

TheBear

I had zero hype for this but now that I know it's

a) made by Insomniac
b) 60fps
c) a fucking AAA platformer in 2016
d) apparently pretty good
e) $49 digery-doo dollars

I am now buying this.

Please tell me that the
RHYNO II
is in this game.

Yes

There's a side quest that pertains to finding all of the hidden RYNO cards (I think there's two sets of them). They include the plans to build the gun, and are wanted by a black marketer. If you get him the cards, he's supposed to make the RYNO for you.

Shikoba

I was trying to hold off on this due to DS3, but screw it. I jumped on both games. Hard not to with Ratchet and Clank's lower price. I've only dabbled with the later R&C games, so I'm pretty excited to start from the beginning with this!

Top Bottom