• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank |OT| The Game based on the Movie based on the Game

DryvBy

I'm playing this before Dark Souls 3. I could use a break after that platinum trophy run in Bloodborne.

VLiberty

That's so disappointing though. The Blarg Station was also a "dark" planet, and they've nailed that look. Don't see why they would have ruined the other planets....

I mean, they've been nailing the environments in general. Have you seen Blackwater City? Aridia?
Actually no. I went blackout and refused to watch both Aridia and Rilgar, it'd be great if they nailed those two, at least visually (the OST is a lost cause)

When's this out in the UK? Because I really, really thought this was tomorrow but Amazon is saying Friday 22nd. Guess I had it wrong. It's going to be two weeks of hardcore Souls III, then.

I got given a £25 Amazon voucher on my last day at my job, so snapped this up for £2.99. :)

Vitor711

Hold the phone. So this is essentially a remake and not an HD remaster? I had no idea. This just went from "I'll just play the PSN version I bought last year" to "Maybe buying this tomorrow"

It's a completely new game - built from the ground up but based on the same levels as the original. Some areas seem very similar in terms of layout but others are unrecognisable aside from the art style.

Hold the phone. So this is essentially a remake and not an HD remaster? I had no idea. This just went from "I'll just play the PSN version I bought last year" to "Maybe buying this tomorrow"
Yep.

We ended up with a new game, with elements based on the original — but now with modern controls, several new planets, new and updated gameplay segments, all-new Clank gameplay, all new boss fights, new flight sequences, and more… all constructed to take advantage of the graphical prowess of PS4. Throw in James Arnold Taylor as Ratchet, and you have a new beginning.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/10/ratchet-clank-on-ps4-where-past-and-future-meet/

LTWood12

I think it's time for me to finally play through a Ratchet game. Seriously might be the best looking game of the generation. So good to see Insomniac release two great games in a row.

Machina

Banned
PROTIP: Anyone having issues getting the preload going, go to your Downloads List on the PSN browser store and activate it from there. That's what I just did.

Playsage

A couple of questions:
- Does the wrench work like in ACiT (Comet Strike while moving, shield-stripping,etc...)?
- Is there a OG Ratchet unlockable skin?

I guess my question is, is this a 'play right the hell now' sort of game or a 'after your backlog clears' sort of game? I am sort of interested in the game, but like I don't need another fun hour waster right this second; going through Nathan Drake collection atm.

I guess my question is, is this a 'play right the hell now' sort of game or a 'after your backlog clears' sort of game? I am sort of interested in the game, but like I don't need another fun hour waster right this second; going through Nathan Drake collection atm.

The best way to get that answer at this point is to look at the review thread for the reviews.

Just check reviews and go from there.

Insomniac makes some of the best-looking games on the market. Was playing Sunset Overdrive over the last week and was still impressed with how good it looks, and this looks like an even cleaner art style.

SoGood.gif

Will be buying shortly.

Impulsor

Please don't hate me, but can you guys tell me the consensus on duration from the reviews today?

I've read in some it was shorter than the original game? Not that that's bad though, just want to know.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Please don't hate me, but can you guys tell me the consensus on duration from the reviews today?

I've read in some it was shorter than the original game? Not that that's bad though, just want to know.

Most are saying it is on par with the other mainline games. IGN said 15 hours, sooo...

Had no idea this was out tomorrow. Thought this was a fall game for some reason. Gotta pick this up with Dark Souls 3 so I have something great to relax from the frustration with.

eFKac

Cheers. Unfortunately, it seems PS Now hasn't yet reached Australia and latency to the US/European servers would likely result in a sub-par experience. Oh well.

Ohh assumed you were from US!

Yeah still a long time before PS Now will be widely available unfortunately :-(

TVexperto

While I am very excited to play this game I have to say its really unfair in a times of globalization we cant play this game worldwide at the same time, I can understand that logistics of retail discs are difficult however I dont feel like there is any reason why we have to wait over 8 days for the digital version to unlock in europe when it unlocks in america tonight / tomorrow...

jacobeid

Banned
I just noticed that my copy from Best Buy with release date shipping is stuck on "preparing for shipping." Anyone else? :(

WhiteWolf

Not this comment again

giphy.gif
This gif is amazing.

I want this game since I never played any Ratchet and Clank games before, but Dark Souls 3 comes out this week too. I haven't played a platformer in a long time and this looks beautiful.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
What's up with the 7.3GB preload?! Some sort of mistake on Sony's part? I want to play this bad boy tonight.

slade

My preload for this hasn't started yet. I'm in Toronto. Anybody having the same issue? I go to the game page on my PS4 and all it gives me is a timer for when the game will be available.

Jigolo

Dang. I pre-ordered on BB in December but I didn't receive my pre-order bonus code. Don't advertise it if you aren't gonna give them out.

1000005895_pr6.png;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

Camjo-Z

Sorry if this was answered already, anybody know if there's a reason to keep playing/do a replay once you've finished the story? Wondering whether to go digital or physical for this, if it's fairly short-lived I'd rather be able to resell it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The reviews are excellent and I'm glad. I hope this does really well so we can continue this series. I'm gonna keep my order regardless, I hope the campaign is nice and long.

Dang. I pre-ordered on BB in December but I didn't receive my pre-order bonus code. Don't advertise it if you aren't gonna give them out.
I bet you'll get the code tomorrow. My last preorder DLC code from Best Buy didn't come until the day of, anyway.

Top Bottom