• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's official,i lost faith in humanity.(Girl steals lego)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2080325.html?menu=
Armed robber, 7, in Lego heist

Police in Florida are looking for a little girl, aged about seven, who tried to steal Lego at knife-point.

The girl pulled a knife on a cashier at a Wal-Mart store in Largo as she tried to walk out with two boxes of Lego.

Police say the girl, aged about seven or eight, hid the toys under her coat and tried to walk out, reports Tampabays10.com.

A store employee approached the child, asking her to turn over the Lego blocks.

Police say the little girl then opened her jacket and pulled out a 10ins carving knife.

The employee talked the girl into putting down the knife and the toys. The girl then rode away on her bicycle.

{Mike}

Banned
Suspect is supposed to look like this ;

fiancee09.jpg

I'd have punted the little brat across the hall. I would then glare down at her crumpled body on the floor and raise my fists in victory.

tehjaybo

A roundhouse kick to the face would have eliminated this threat. That little bitch would have been incapacatated had I been the cashier.

Okin

The exchange probably went like this:

employee: "Give me the lego(s ?) please".

girl: "No!" (pulls knife)

employee: "why don't you put that away before I call your parents and you get in trouble".

girl: "okay..."

That's probably why they let her ride away.

usea

M3wThr33 said:
Wow. They even pluralized LEGO correctly.
Calling the items LEGO and Legos are both incorrect. The LEGO company doesn't sell a product called LEGO. They only use the word as an adjective, unless referring to the brand name. "LEGO products" or "LEGO bricks," for example.

Regardless, it's pretty overboard to take issue with somebody using the word legos. It's like correcting somebody who refers to their pair of Beetles as Volkswagens.

Honestly, if I was being robbed at knifepoint by a 7 year old girl, I'd laugh my ass off, grab a 2x4 stud or any similarly shaped item and ask her if she wants to start some shit.

Damn I knew I couldn't trust that bitch. My instructions were and I quote here "If you get into trouble use the gun". Jesus. Now I don't get my lego to play with. Last time I use kids to steal my toys.

Xzior

Reminds me of a news story I heard on a podcast a long time ago.

Two female co-workers got in a fight and it resultet in one of the being stabbed in the chest. Anyway the funny part is that they fought over who should be the first to use the company's microwave to heat some soup.

Xzior said:
Reminds me of a news story I heard on a podcast a long time ago.

Two female co-workers got in a fight and it resultet in one of the being stabbed in the chest. Anyway the funny part is that they fought over who should be the first to use the company's microwave to heat some soup.

I would have let her go first. Then dump the scolding hot soup on her sweater cows.

bionic77

You must have missed the Futella thread from a few days ago.

If you want to see another example of idiocy in action go the UCLA student taser thread, where apparently it is reasonable to be tasered in your school's library for forgetting your library card.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
usea said:
Calling the items LEGO and Legos are both incorrect. The LEGO company doesn't sell a product called LEGO. They only use the word as an adjective, unless referring to the brand name. "LEGO products" or "LEGO bricks," for example.

Regardless, it's pretty overboard to take issue with somebody using the word legos. It's like correcting somebody who refers to their pair of Beetles as Volkswagens.

It's pluralizing a proper noun. Just add -s or -es. Just like the plural of Batman would be Batmans.

I just wanted to say "Batmans" in my head

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Im starting to doubt if floridians have a brain to think logically or have some kind of A.I. problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom