• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
It's my bday today so I'm about to leave work and head to the LEGO shop in the mall a few blocks away to TREAT YO SELF. Those LEGO Batman sets are mine!

Boogiepop

Aww yeah. Eclipse Fighter, Riddle Racer (Kite Man! Calendar Man! Amazing!), the Scuttler, and Brick Bank make for a very nice Lego filled birthday.

Just learned of the Blue Express and...as a fan of tiny train sets i gotta say, this really doesn't hold a candle to the Emerald Express from a couple years back. ( or the recent Winter Train promo set for that matter)

Will still get 3 of course!

Also: Just thought of how awesome it would be to actually have tiny train tracks for these guys to run on, there's no such thing though right?

Coreda

Kieran Chamberlain's Street Machine motorcycle is gorgeous.

flickr said:
9/32 scale working V4 motorcycle.

Functional cams, valves, supercharger, gearbox, distributor, steering, rear suspension, front and rear lights, foot gearshift, spinning back wheel.

kieranchamberlain-strmupto.jpg

DonShula

This cracks me up:

If you are planning on buying the whole line, looks like you will be investing around $180 to collect them all. If you collect Playmobil or Ghostbusters, it’s a no brainer. If I was just buying for kids, that may be a different story.

Someone needs to watch the end of The Lego Movie again. ;)

ghostmind

Hmm. The black-haired female in the back row? Could it be Kelly Marie Tran's character?

Or, hmm, I suppose maybe that black droid? Dunno.

Yes, the former, plus the Resistance Trooper beside her. There Isnt a Resistance Trooper listed for any known upcoming sets, and this one is different than the Force Awakens troopers.

I think the black droid is from the Vader transformation set.

Yes, the former, plus the Resistance Trooper beside her. There Isnt a Resistance Trooper listed for any known upcoming sets, and this one is different than the Force Awakens troopers.

I think the black droid is from the Vader transformation set.

Ah man, sorry about posting spoilers. I assumed all of the ones I didn't recognize were Freemaker figs.

DonShula

Picked up the Super Hero Airport Battle this afternoon for my son - he had been wanting it forever. That Giant-Man is the absolute truth. I would buy licensed figures in that size and style all day. I had heard good things but didn't really understand until I put it together and held it. Wow.

So what's the best way to clean this stuff? I just noticed my Tumbler is dusty AF.

Toss it in the washer. Gentle cycle.

ff4fcda32382db56f2016c1ce93ceb33.jpg

Just kidding. Brush with soft bristles. Harder bristles will cause micro and not so micro abrasions. I use paint brushes of various sizes. If it's caked on (moisture combined with dust) then it's not as simple. That's the cheapest and simplest option IMO.
Other options are compressed air blasts and vacuum with a filter of some sort in case pieces get sucked up.

Rootbeer

Banned
RE: Those Playmobil GB sets... dang, they look pretty nice.

But I just can't go down yet another Rabbit hole... Playmobil has lots of nice stuff and it would be very tempting to start collecting it and building a Playmobil city... I don't have JANG-levels of space and $$$ though o_O

So after a year of no Lego sets (except the Yellow Sub as a gift for my dad) I finally bought some new Lego for myself. I finally got my job back and had a really horrible 3 weeks leading up to it, and I was at Target and saw two lone MiniFig bags, one for Series 16 and one for Batman, so I thought, you know what, I'm gonna treat myself.

Got the Swordsman from Series 16 and normal Robin from Batman! So happy I got him. I want all of them but getting him as a surprise was fantastic, he is so damn adorable!

TheFuzz

So after a year of no Lego sets (except the Yellow Sub as a gift for my dad) I finally bought some new Lego for myself. I finally got my job back and had a really horrible 3 weeks leading up to it, and I was at Target and saw two lone MiniFig bags, one for Series 16 and one for Batman, so I thought, you know what, I'm gonna treat myself.

Got the Swordsman from Series 16 and normal Robin from Batman! So happy I got him. I want all of them but getting him as a surprise was fantastic, he is so damn adorable!

Welcome back!

Welcome back!

Thank you!! It's gonna be slow to start, I have a lot of more pressing things to buy once money starts coming in again from work (which is REALLY bumming me out because I want to promo Batmen SO BAD) but I can't wait to start buying and building again!

scilego

Neo Member
Was in the Lego store grabbing Krennics shuttle and U wing and was shooting the shit with an employee today. I was seeing if he had any insight on this years 2017 UCS sets and he made an interesting comment. He had said for the couple of years he worked there, all the rumors seemed to come true. So while it looks promising for a snowspeeder as a pretty sure bet, I'm beginning to believe a bit more in a falcon re-release. He also speculated that the falcon could come with two sets of figs - OT and TFA - to match with the two radar dishes... I don't think I've heard anything like that in the rumor mill. That'd be pretty sweet.

Fowler

Was in the Lego store grabbing Krennics shuttle and U wing and was shooting the shit with an employee today. I was seeing if he had any insight on this years 2017 UCS sets and he made an interesting comment. He had said for the couple of years he worked there, all the rumors seemed to come true. So while it looks promising for a snowspeeder as a pretty sure bet, I'm beginning to believe a bit more in a falcon re-release. He also speculated that the falcon could come with two sets of figs - OT and TFA - to match with the two radar dishes... I don't think I've heard anything like that in the rumor mill. That'd be pretty sweet.

That's a really cool idea!

Thank you!! It's gonna be slow to start, I have a lot of more pressing things to buy once money starts coming in again from work (which is REALLY bumming me out because I want to promo Batmen SO BAD) but I can't wait to start buying and building again!

Glad things are looking up - are you not at the LEGO store in CA any more?

Ponn

Banned

Hmm..UCS Falcon is going to be really expensive. I mean REALLY expensive.

But I just can't go down yet another Rabbit hole... Playmobil has lots of nice stuff and it would be very tempting to start collecting it and building a Playmobil city... I don't have JANG-levels of space and $$$ though o_O

Does LEGO still have the Ghostbusters license? -- I realise Playmobil is still is not a construction toy -- but I still haven't decided on the GB Firehouse soon.

Hmm..UCS Falcon is going to be really expensive. I mean REALLY expensive.

If some people are willing to pay $4,000 (USD) for 10179 then.....

TheFuzz

Does LEGO still have the Ghostbusters license? -- I realise Playmobil is still is not a construction toy -- but I still haven't decided on the GB Firehouse soon.

If some people are willing to pay $4,000 (USD) for 10179 then.....

Idk if you'll find an opinion like mine, but here goes:

I am a HUGE Ghostbusters fan. Wetwireds Ecto-1 brought me out of the dark ages. I bought the Firehouse and have it in my Top 5 from last year. It was worth every penny.

I sold it recently.

While it's a fantastic build filled with tons of nostalgia and neat "ah-ha" moments, it's a huge, relatively boring piece to look at. It takes up a lot of room and the neat interior builds help break up the super-repetitive exterior but once built, it's kind of just "there."

If you have the space to display it opened, or want it for parts, go for it. If not, spend $350 elsewhere IMO.

I was a Playmobil kid (Lego was not available here until I was an adult). Later in my life I found myself still liking Playmobil, and bought all 2006 Egyptian sets, making a nice diorama display. The problem with Playmobil is that they are much larger in size, so any city will take a least 3 times more space than Lego. I had to give up my Playmobil addiction due to lavk of space and cannot fall into that Rabbit Hole again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom