• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UploadVR: Palmer Luckey story is fake news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's easier to pretend like the world is a conspiracy, rather than accept the fact that a person you respect has fallen from grace.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
The worst part about it for me was the incredibly douchey reddit post about how rich he is when he thought nobody would ever know it was him. I don't think he really did anything that abhorrent and from what I've seen of the reporting on it nobody in the media did either.

jediyoshi

[on Nimble America] There is no evidence—nor, based on my research, do I see any reason to believe—that this organization promoted any sort of racist, sexist, misogynistic, anti-Semitic or white supremacist agenda. Neither is there any evidence of Nimble America engaging in any sort of trolling, harassing or “astroturfing.”​

And I'm out!

Vice

Why? He's a big figure for VR so if you don't want your passion associated with a huge piece of shit you have to make excuses for his behavior or blame it on others.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I cringed with I saw this on upload yesterday. It's a good site, it and roadtovr kinda take me back to the OG gizmodo/engadget days.. but whoops!

True Fire

can you quote some of it so I dont have to give them clicks

No evidence of memes he paid for (besides one billboard). Therefore he's innocent.

The article misses the point. I think a lot of the outrage stems from the fact that people don't feel comfortable with their Oculus $$$ going towards Trump's campaign, even if it's just one shitty and hypocritical billboard.

Why? He's a big figure for VR so if you don't want your passion associated with a huge piece of shit you have to make excuses for his behavior or blame it on others.

VR is my biggest interest and has been for years, and Luckey is just some random asshole who got extremely lucky. Nothing he did was notably exceptional, he just was the first to do it as soon as it became technologically viable, and what really became the Rift was a product of much smarter, more talented individuals. CV1 and everything he made before that was decided unremarkable.

That he's also an alt-right lunatic is just icing on an already pretty shit cake.

I would be surprised if friendship or money didn't play a role in this article.

What is it with people trying to defend disgusting people after they've exposed themselves to be, well, disgusting?

Let Palmer L flounder in obscurity, or r/The_Donald. The decent wing of the world wants nothing to do with him.

am I missing something or is 95% of that article a bunch copy & pasted tweets? It's really hard to read.

Yeah, I made it there and bailed...You can't use Twitter or other web comments as some kind of evidence to back up your created narrative...

It was hard to read and so cringe worthy.

I'm just gonna get the obligatory "why is this on the gaming side this has nothing to do with games???" post out of the way. There, now no one has to make it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This sucks. The site has some good stuff from what little I'd read in the past, but this makes me not want to browse it anymore. And I say this as someone who bought a Gear VR knowing part of the money would sadly be going to Luckey's pockets. I really wanted a Gear VR and I couldn't get a non-Oculus one, but I can get my VR news and game reviews from another site, one that won't excuse and defend this guy's actions.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
HAmI08Q.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom