• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM & Games for Windows Magazine Digital Editions - Download, for free!

Rlan

193802671lgwi5.jpg

Free Online version [Worldwide] http://www.zinio.com/delivery?issn=0744-6667&of=pstart&bd=1&rf=voodoo

Free 1 year Sub [US] http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/116/11608 [Stolen from previous topic]

193311457lges4.jpg

Free Online version [Worldwide] http://www.zinio.com/delivery?issn=1058-918Xd&of=PI1&bd=1&rf=eb_2005

Both have been really good reads. For us poor slobs outside of America who get the issues months later, this is a great way to read up on these guys. Just need the Zinio reader and you're set.

saelz8

For anyone in doubt, the free subscription really works. I have gotten my first 2 issues of GFW already.

Grecco

Quellex said:
For anyone in doubt, the free subscription really works. I have gotten my first 2 issues of GFW already.

I havent gotten a single one from the EGM/GFW/Tips and Tricks...

Rlan

Wario64 said:
Just 1 free issue? (zinio)

Actually, you can just go back to the same page next month, and the new issue will be downloadable for free. These are just the newest ones :)

my god, this is huge for non USA users... EGM is not avaliable in my state and if i want one, it costs 45 reais here in brasil... (roughly 20 dollars each one!)

trying that right now...

Jonnyram

Wow... EGM's new look is awesome. I'm glad they got rid of that gigantic logo with the words spelled out in full :) They look like they're going for a Edge-y look now.

seattle6418 said:
my god, this is huge for non USA users... EGM is not avaliable in my state and if i want one, it costs 45 reais here in brasil... (roughly 20 dollars each one!)

trying that right now...
That's funny, because in the US, they hand out free yearly subscriptions left and right.

I don't know anyone that actually pays for EGM.

On the other hand, GFW so far is a really great magazine. Great writing and content, keep up the good work.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I used to get the free digital EGM but then I realized that if I'm going to be on my PC reading about games I might as well be on GAF instead.

joshschw

yep i love these free magazines, i've gotten 2 games for windows already, and just got another tips n tricks today. I have EGM coming through 2011...

thankfully my gamepro free subscriptions have ended.

Tieno

Can't wait to hear what the Ultimate PC Gaming Authority has got to say.

The R&C screens are looking even better!

This is really good. EGM over here costs 15euros, which is way too much especially considering all the ads.

The 'reader software' is nice

damn i don´t play pc games. but in order to get the new egm i have to download also games for windows... strange... zinio won´t let me cancel only one download

either i get the 2 or nothing

E-phonk

Banned
I assume their exclusive "mushroom kingdom hearts" preview is the April fools article of the magazine?

Great looking mario in the logo though.

gandm said:
Is it possible to somehow subscribe to a magazine (so that you would get them automatically when checking for new publications in zinio), or do you have to "register" each one individually?
I open Zinio, press the mailbox button, and it does just that.

It's nice that you get these magazines for free, especially since they're practically unobtainable here. But Zinio is annoyingly sluggish. There's like a two second lag between me moving the wheel and the actual page scrolling.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
kaching said:
Bleh, too much image compression. Wait for direct feed.

Cool fold out ad for God of War, though.
Scaling them down to 50% eliminates compression artifacts pretty nicely, and it still looks tons better than the scans we got, not to mention there's a lot more pictures there.

**** my internet connection can´t hold up the entire time while it downloads. not during the day... i want to see some RC!!!

damn zinio, why can´t they have a resume feature in their downloads? and over 30 minutes for a 12mg file?

wtf, the world does not want me to see RC pics

Vormund

I would prefer if this was just PDF, but Zinio works fine. Page turning is nice.

Are they going to do this every(old) issue from now on?

Went to the Zinio site, but can't seem to find other publications giving freebies. I want freebies.

Walrus

Banned
Rlan said:
Actually, you can just go back to the same page next month, and the new issue will be downloadable for free. These are just the newest ones :)
well, I tried the link to download the may edition but it doesn't work.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That's because the newest issue isn't available until a week or two after the first subscriber receives it by mail

So try again next week

Tieno

Thanks man! Keep bumping this thread whenever there's a new issue!
Zinio is pretty nice software for viewing this

Top Bottom