• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hollywood Reporter: Underestimate Donald Glover at Your Own Peril

Link.

The red-hot writer, producer, director, musician and now movie star takes a break from Lando duties on the Han Solo movie to dissect his extraordinary rise, 'Atlanta' Emmy hopes, his secret sit-down with Billy Dee Williams (in disguise) and how he plans to conquer Hollywood: "Convince them that you speak old white man."

Full piece at the link.

Dereck

The dude put his glasses into his afro as a resting point, may have to implement this technique for future appropriate hairstyles

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I had no idea he had a son.

I hope Glover continues to dominate. An immense talent that's only getting started.

What will happen to me if I underestimate him? Since it's unclear at this point, I will plan to attempt to accurately estimate him.

Busty

Banned
I'm a huge Glover fan but his casting in Homecoming as a hoodlum who was in the film for nothing more than exposition was such a missed opportunity.

TEJ

I'm just curious as to how his Simba will be.

I don't want him to imitate Broderick. I want him to give his own take on the character.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm a huge Glover fan but his casting in Homecoming as a hoodlum who was in the film for nothing more than exposition was such a missed opportunity.

The part was only done if he would be in it or not. He's too old to play Miles now, but if they went that route in a reboot, spin off, etc. The ground work is there.

What an annoying puff piece. At my own peril? I like the guy but I don't think my house is going to burn down if I skip out on his records or the next Star Wars spinoff movie with him in it. Frankly I probably won't seek him out at all unless they reunite the original Community cast.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
What an annoying puff piece. At my own peril? I like the guy but I don't think my house is going to burn down if I skip out on his records or the next Star Wars spinoff movie with him in it. Frankly I probably won't seek him out at all unless they reunite the original Community cast.

giphy.gif

VAD

The part was only done if he would be in it or not. He's too old to play Miles now, but if they went that route in a reboot, spin off, etc. The ground work is there.
Yup, I can see him be Miles' Uncle Ben as his character is his actual uncle.

Dadasch

I can't be waitin till 2019 for that shit

Thankfully Zazie Beetz, LaKeith Stanfield, and Brian Tyree Henry all have other work to do post Atlanta

2019? I thought it would be 2018...

Come on, three years for a new season is WAY too much time.

Black_Red

Loved him on community, and the show lost a los when he left. I'm really about his recent succes and I have Atlanta on my watchlist waiting for some free time

Jackpot

Banned

Yeah, I'd say he's arrived.

The show would continue for a sixth season, though Harmon acknowledges it was never the same: "I needed to convince myself that Donald leaving wasn't the death of the show, but now that it's all over, I think we can agree that it was."

huh, interesting.

neoanarch

Atlanta is gonna sleep at the Emmys. Even with all the amazing stuff this year. No contest. It was her best damn show of 2016.

Dali

I entered that interview with one question: "when we getting more Atlanta?" The answer came toward the end but thankfully the interview is interesting.

A: production begins in September... so a long time from now. Glad to hear at least it will get another season. Paper boi! Paper boi! All about that paper boi!

Top Bottom