• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody Votes Wii Channel

dkeane

Anyone know what this is? I'm downloading now.

It's in the Wii Ware part of the store.

Edit: so it's making me update the system. What a mystery.

Edit 2: "Welcome to the Everybody Votes Channel. Here, you can provide your responses to popular questions and let your opinion be heard in your area, and even around the world."

You can submit you own Poll Questions too.

Ok this is cool, everyone check it out.

mj1108

I'll second that "Huh?"

*goes to find out*

EDIT: He's right... It's free and released today. *downloads*

EDIT 2: I went to open up the channel and it tried to confirm my region settings. Since it couldn't, it said I had to do an update. So there's an update to download too.

zink120

Wow a strange suprise!!!!

From the description, this channel let you vote on different subjet with others persons onlines....

volmer

Cheers, it's also available in the European store ("Wii Software" here)... Downloading...

Edit: Also forces system update for PAL consoles, and there is indeed an update available.

Interface looks pretty slick.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Huh%20Que.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
JSR said:
Someone at the Nintendo.com forums says that it's a polling channel that lets people register and vote for different Miis on either a worldwide or local scale... or something like that.
:| Lame.

Deku

Banned
nevermind. After the system update, go into store to find a new channel under Wii Ware. About 50 blocks.

JSR

jj984jj said:
Actually it looks like that was a little off... According to the channel's Wii Ware description, it's basically a polling program. Every so often, a new question will appear and you can choose between two answers. You can then view both regional and worldwide results to see how many people agree with you. It also lets you pick which answer you think will be more popular.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Grecco said:
Secret Unnanounced Channels FTL

Aren't surprises usually "for the win"?

This sounds like a big ol message board.

Edit: Just one question? What a weird download.

Apparently, you can vote using your Mii in a handful of polls with two responses, and also make wagers on the outcomes of the polls - and it keeps statistics on how often you voted with a given Mii and how often your predictions were right. In other words - just like Mii Parade and Weather - its just a timewaster people will enjoy. :)

Rlan

Downloading now.

Also, there is a message on the front of the Australian site saying Mario Kart 64 was updated, dixing a bug from the player select screen if you left it for too long. Was that mentioned before?

Stage On

If that's all this download is I for one am not going to waste the limited space avalable on me Wii on it. Maybe If I had a sd card I'd consider but for now it's simply junk to me.

maynerd

Banned
I downloaded it, I downloaded the update...everytime I try to run it...it says I can't connect to the internet even though I can get to the news and weather. I'm on the west coast BTW.

mj1108

JSR said:
Actually it looks like that was a little off... According to the channel's Wii Ware description, it's basically a polling program. Every so often, a new question will appear and you can choose between two answers. You can then view both regional and worldwide results to see how many people agree with you. It also lets you pick which answer you think will be more popular.

And it will also let you suggest new questions with the possible answers.

NotWii

Banned
168 Blocks, I'll upload screens now.

EDIT:

votes0xj7.jpg

votes1yc1.jpg

everybodyvotesdi5.jpg

STUFF

- Active Polls
Q: How do you prefer your eggs?
A: Boiled OR Fried

Q: Which do you prefer?
A: Eating OR Sleeping

Q: You have some free time. What do you do?
A: Go out and party OR Stay home and relax

---

- Worldwide Polls
Q: Do you prefer dogs or cats?
A: Dogs OR Cats

---

- Recent Results
- Poll History
- Register New Voter
- Voter Data
- Suggest a Question
- Options

volmer

Heh, I take this channel as a good sign that Nintendo will finally start throwing stuff at us in the "Wii Software/Ware" section of the shop. :)

Game-Biz

"What's better: Dogs or Cats?"

Dogs, bitches. Dogs. Everyone must pick dogs. I have a lot of money on this prediction, so don't let me down, GAF.

Game-Biz said:

Dogs, bitches. Dogs. Everyone must pick dogs. I have a lot of money on this prediction, so don't let me down, GAF.

Nintendo would have a sure hit on their hands if they allowed people to bet Wii points on outcomes and have a small percentage (5-10%) go back to the house (ie Nintendo). Alas, this will never happen.

Tobor

Game-Biz said:

HAHA, I voted Cats, you lose. But I predicted Dogs, so you win!

plank

Game-Biz said:

You don't like p****.

andthebeatgoeson

So, it's basically the worst of GameFAQ's. Now we'll have threads where people will try write-in's on shit like, 'Mario vs Link' and douches stuffing the ballots.

It gives questions based on your region and claims there are worldwide questions. I think the world wide question was dogs or cats. My regional question was:
1.What's a better valentine's present? Chocolate or Flowers
2.Where would you rather live? Mountain or Beach
3.Which century would you rather live in? 18th or 22nd.

I hope it becomes more useful. But it's interesting in the possiblities. Hopefully, they'll use it to reach out to us in trying to get a sense on what VC games we want, what features need to be updated, etc.

Top Bottom