• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody Votes Wii Channel

skinnyrattler said:
I hope it becomes more useful. But it's interesting in the possiblities. Hopefully, they'll use it to reach out to us in trying to get a sense on what VC games we want, what features need to be updated, etc.

Oh shit... if we could vote on Virtual Console releases.... wow

Mar

Dogs are obviously more awesome. But cats are small cute and fluffy. So they will win regardless. It's like saying Okami should outsell Madden. We all know it should. But it never will.

In other news. I support these unannounced weird releases. They are free so why the hell not?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
everybody-votes-channel_05.jpg

everybody-votes-channel_04.jpg

More inside the channel coming!

Boonoo

I wonder if this is just Nintendo testing the networking waters.
Anyway, with this channel I hope that they can evolve it into a more robust opinion polling service rather than just a trivial thing.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Game-Biz said:
"What's better: Dogs or Cats?"

Dogs, bitches. Dogs. Everyone must pick dogs. I have a lot of money on this prediction, so don't let me down, GAF.

No can do, sonny. Cats FTW.

And yeah, I'm quite happy to see a new Channel out of the blue. Can't wait to see how many people will drop by after the unavoidable press release / Wii message board email, heheh.

(Not to mention that it was a nice touch to see Portuguese as one of the possible languages for the questions / answers. I assume other languages -- say, Italian, German, etc.. -- will be there for the forementioned countries)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nice little surprise.

If only for the fact it confirms that we are going to be seeing more channels than the ones they've talked about, and sooner than I thought.

Oh, and vote cats.

Fewr

maynerd said:
I downloaded it, I downloaded the update...everytime I try to run it...it says I can't connect to the internet even though I can get to the news and weather. I'm on the west coast BTW.
Change your internet connection back to #2 or 3.
Everytime you update your wii, after it's finished, it changes the main internet connection to the one on #1.

Mar

Smiles and Cries said:
I hate you all... I still don't have a Wii

(neutral) Smiles and Cries
Nipples and Tits
(Today, 01:25 PM)

You have no Wii. But at least you've got nipples and tits.

Stitch

Gold Member
it's free, it has mii support and it's fun for some minutes. i like it, nice little surprise.
oh, btw i voted for cats :)

jvalioli

I like this interface a lot. But unless they're going to be using for stuff like VC releases(like someone suggested above) I don't think I'll be using it all that often.

Rlan

You can suggest questions too.

I sent one hoping for Turbograpfx games in the Australian VC site :(

Also, the System Update didn't change the Version number, it's still 2.1E or whatever it was. Also, the fact that I had to go on the net to suggest where I live makes me think I can't swap over to the UK site anymore. Haven't tried yet.

Free Demi?

YES NO

This isn't a channel you can get much out of but it's cool to see Nintendo adding stuff here and there. I'd like to see them eventually redesign the channels interface though and especially give everything a more unified look. It looks really messy as of now.

The questions are so stupid right now it's absolutely fascinating!
It must be some kind of test. "How bland can we get until people stop thinking it's cool"? :lol

It could be a great tool with the right questions of course.... like a vote on the next virtual console updates, or most wanted feature or channel...

carlos

Grecco said:
Awesome Puerto Rico is available in the Regional Settings :lol

That actually is awesome, at last someone notices PR!

I had to make up an address to sign up for the Playstation network since they had no option for PR in the "choose your state" section...

another reason why nintendo is superior? ;)

maynerd

Banned
Fewr said:
Change your internet connection back to #2 or 3.
Everytime you update your wii, after it's finished, it changes the main internet connection to the one on #1.

Yeah I just figured that out. Weird.

I humbly ask that all members of The Colbert Nation submit the following question, as I have:

"George W. Bush: Great President or The Greatest President?" Answers: Great / The Greatest.

Also: Voted Dogs, bet Cats.

Deku

Banned
The user data section has a breadkown on how many successes you've had at predicting and your average accuracy (since the voting allows you to vote for your preferece and then vote for which side you think will win). This would be much needed on the Sales-Age threads.

Top Bottom