• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Teases Catherine Follow-Up [Rumor] (Persona Central)

You can find the article about it here.

Persona Central said:
As previously announced, Atlus held a 30-minute live stream earlier today to recruit new potential employees at the new Studio Zero internal development team, dubbed the “Golden Recruitment Special Program.”

The live stream was “Golden Playhouse” themed, which was the narrative framework behind the 2011 release, Catherine.. Music from the puzzle platformer was played throughout the program. The introduction and conclusion of the live stream was given by Trisha, a character and host from Catherine.

At the very end of the live stream, Trisha seemingly speaks to Atlus directly, asking when she will get her turn next to the upcoming fantasy RPG Project Re Fantasy. She then teases that, for those awaiting this, there might be surprises in store, and expresses surprise when her “next job” might be discussed

Video of the stream (subtitled) is available at the link.

What do you guys think? Think we'll see more of Vincent, or will Trisha be back in her own way?

What do you guys think? Think we'll see more of Vincent, or will Trisha be back in her own way?
I don't know if Catherine sold well enough to warrant a sequel, but I'd be up for it.

Knowing Atlus, they might make a game which genre is completely different from Catherine while still being related to it story-wise

As much as I love Vincent I think his story is done. I rather the Golden Playhouse series be like a Twilight Zone kind of thing were every game would tell a new story.

AAMARMO

Banned
I got a strange feeling that this may be related to that Persona 5 R trademark. Maybe its a Catherine like puzzle game spin-off.

FHIZ

I'd be interested, but then I'll probably remember that I like everything about Catherine other than the act of actually playing Catherine.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
So they're going to make a new Golden Playhouse game and Project Re Fantasy at the same time?

As much as I love Vincent I think his story is done. I rather the Golden Playhouse series be like a Twilight Zone kind of thing were every game would tell a new story.

Yeah they should avoid a direct sequel.

Wish Catherine would make its way to PS4 or Switch. I really want to play it, but PS Now seems like a less than ideal option. Either way, glad to see it potentially getting a sequel. I'm a huge Persona fan, so I'm sure I'd dig this stuff

Loz246789

GIMME.
Catherine wasn't perfect, but it's such a memorable game that quite frankly I can't not be excited for a followup. Hopefully a new cast aside from Trisha and cameos though, I feel like the original game did what it needed to with Vincent and co.
Mostly.

yrba1

Started playing Catherine 3 days ago, like it so far besides the limited number of retry's where you have to wait 5 mins to load back
after the game over cutscene

delSai

I really wanted to like Catherine.

I loved the bar sequences, music, characters and story but the climbing just wasn't for me :/

Jeels

I hated Persona 5 (and am tired of the Persona spinoffs even though I've liked them), but Catherine was my game of the generation last gen so I am all for this.

I don't know if Catherine sold well enough to warrant a sequel, but I'd be up for it.

Knowing Atlus, they might make a game which genre is completely different from Catherine while still being related to it story-wise

... Before persona 5, it was Atlus biggest selling game. Sales aren't an issue.

Ydelnae

I thought it would never come, but please let it be an anthology. There's no reason to come back to Vincent and Katherine.

snap

Banned

or one where it's a new story every time, but the characters themselves are the same, with different names, personalities, roles, etc.

like if it's a new show but with the same actors

I feel like watching all the cutscenes was enough for me.

Well, I bought the game like 4 times. It looks pretty, the story is pretty interesting (or at least the bits I played) even the puzzles are not bad at all, but there's always something else to play and even though the puzzles are not bad I don't feel like doing those sections (which is half the gameplay) to be honest.

Neoxon

I'd be down for another Catherine. But unless they go the Persona route with an entirely different cast of characters, they'll probably have to recast Vincent (English) given how busy Troy Baker is these days. I guess Matthew Mercer could fill in for Troy like he did for Kanji in some of the P4 spin-offs. As for Catherine herself, I could see Laura Bailey coming back if there isn't anything Uncharted-like that she's busy with.

Petty but another reason I don't want Vincent back is you know they wouldn't be able to get Troy Baker back to do his voice.

I usually don't mind voice actor changes but Troy just voiced him so perfectly.

Oddly enough, Catherine turned out to be one of my favourite games of last generation. I severely doubt they'll be able to actually make a sequel that can live up to the original, but I'd be all for a spiritual successor that gives it a run for its money. I'll take a step onto the hype train for this one.

BiggNife

I would fucking love Catherine 2

Just please make it another Golden Playhouse story with a different protagonist and different Catherines. Vincent's story is over.

Neoxon

I would fucking love Catherine 2

Just please make it another Golden Playhouse story with a different protagonist and different Catherines. Vincent's story is over.
I'd be down for this. Plus you'd side-step having to declare one ending from the first game as the canon one.

artsi

I hope it's not a direct sequel, the story is conclusive.
Remaster that has additional interaction in the real world would be nice.

Stray Sheep was a great place but I'd like something more, going to work, on dates with the women and hanging out with your buddies outside the bar. Do the same but more.

Sadist

More Catherine?

429.png

Yes please

yrba1

Petty but another reason I don't want Vincent back is you know they wouldn't be able to get Troy Baker back to do his voice.

Hopefully Troy will reprise his role along with Laura Bailey and Michelle Ruff.

Neoxon

Hopefully Troy will reprise his role along with Laura Bailey and Michelle Ruff.
Michelle Ruff would probably come back. And assuming that Laura Bailey doesn't have another big-budget mo-cap-intensive game right now, there's also a decent chance of her coming back. It's mainly Troy Baker who's unlikely to return.

wmlk

I hope it's not a direct sequel, the story is conclusive.
Remaster that has additional interaction in the real world would be nice.

Stray Sheep was a great place but I'd like something more, going to work, on dates with the women and hanging out with your buddies outside the bar. Do the same but more.

Eh, that kind of freedom would take away from the story and the unique vibe Catherine had going for it.

I'd love to see it broaden out but still make it a story where you don't have many choices to make or have many options available.

silva1991

Is he so expensive and Atlus won't pay him or something?

Neoxon

Is he so expensive and Atlus won't pay him or something?
Troy mentioned at a convention a year or two back that he tries to reprise his older roles whenever possible. The problem now is that he's busy with other higher-profile roles these days.

G0523

the game has been on sale for like $5 multiple times lol what are you doin

It's been cheaper than that at times. On Xbox Live, it's been like $3.75 more times than I can count. It's on sale pretty often. (It's also backwards compatible with Xbox One.)

Top Bottom