• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Teases Catherine Follow-Up [Rumor] (Persona Central)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
HOLD ME GAF

Catherine is legit one of my favorite games ever please let this be what I want it to.
giphy.gif

JMY86

This could be very interesting. I should probably play Catherine eventually though. I own it on Xbox One it is installed but I have never started it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I got the original at Walmart on launch. I still have the art book, but lost the Cd. I loved this game. I wanted more when I finished it the first time. I definitely recommend getting it now. It shouldn't cost that much.

I always enjoyed the way you got to
watch the animated cutscenes, interact with your friends, and then the game continued at night.

I think a twilight zone kind of theater would be cool. Multiple episodes maybe

Oh yes please! I have yet to experience a gameike Catherine before or since and would love more.

I'm still also bitter that my wife got the true ending for one of the
Catherine's
and myself a bad one.

This could be very interesting. I should probably play Catherine eventually though. I own it on Xbox One it is installed but I have never started it.

Doing yourself a disservice, it's a fantastic game. It's not that long a game too, would only take a day or two dependent on the difficulty choice.

Aizo

Banned
I feel like watching all the cutscenes was enough for me.
It's actually very fun to play. I played on the default mode and didn't get the complaints about it being hard. I'm pretty average at games and don't seek out extremely difficult ones.

cj_iwakura

It's actually very fun to play. I played on the default mode and didn't get the complaints about it being hard. I'm pretty average at games and don't seek out extremely difficult ones.
Try hard mode. New patterns and obstacles. It's wonderful.

Opa-Pa

Hell yes, it's finally happening... Now the wait game.

And no guys the don't need to change the gameplay. The game is very well designed and it's far more than just its story, come on now.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hell yes, it's finally happening... Now the wait game.

And no guys the don't need to change the gameplay. The game is very well designed and it's far more than just its story, come on now.

Its not about that. I personally LOVED the gameplay but the story is done and the gameplay was part of that story it just doesn't makes sense using same gameplay for different story.

I want Atlus make Golden Playhouse series with each entry there will be new story and new gameplay that serves the story.

Grisby

I'm down. I really liked the bar and atmosphere.

Even the little beer facts that you could get. I think my word to describe the world of Catherine would be "cozy". It's small, but it has a lot of atmosphere.
Go watch some competitive action and rethink that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCUT7Jrr6dE

We're keeping the game alive nearly a decade later.

AND it's a main event at CEOTaku this month.

CEOtaku-Experience-boxes-artists.png
Wow, cool that you guys are still doing this.

Exodust

Banned
I always wanted the Golden Playhouse to be it's own series with Catherine as it's first game. Could be different games with different stories, characters, and even genres from the other one. Kinda like a japanese videogame equivalent of The Twilight Zone.

Hope it's another game, loved Catherine.

cj_iwakura

I'm down. I really liked the bar and atmosphere.

Even the little beer facts that you could get. I think my word to describe the world of Catherine would be "cozy". It's small, but it has a lot of atmosphere.

Wow, cool that you guys are still doing this.
The scene keeps getting bigger too.

aadiboy

Like everyone else I want the next Golden Playhouse game to be a completely new story.
It seems like the next game could be any genre based on the Golden Playhouse intro: https://youtu.be/0rIk1zQUWyM

It could be sci-fi, mystery, magic, or anything really. They could even have an entirely different type of puzzle gameplay instead of box pushing. I just want this to become a series!

xJavonta

Banned
Time to finish the first one

Any way to play this on a PS4? Like PS Now or something? Not gonna go buy a PS3 or dig out my 360 from my parents place just to do this.

They should do a remake

Catherine's basic mechanics could tell a lot of stories. Anything that someone might struggle with, really. Sales aside, Atlus has to be aware that the game's made a lasting impression for storytelling, and also found a totally separate life in the competitive mode.

Hell, an update to the vs alone would make this worthwhile.

Steel

Banned

Any way to play this on a PS4? Like PS Now or something? Not gonna go buy a PS3 or dig out my 360 from my parents place just to do this.

They should do a remake

It is on PS Now. Haven't tried that method myself.

ffvorax

Nice rumor! I don't know how to feel about the same chars... if I would like the idea, or prefer total new story.

As much as I love Vincent I think his story is done. I rather the Golden Playhouse series be like a Twilight Zone kind of thing were every game would tell a new story.

+1
Vincent's story is done, but I think the premise of a moral fable puzzler would be awesome. On the other hand project reFantasy... we get new details about this game this month? I love september. If we get a catherine seaul at tgs I will but stock in sega for sure.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I loved the story but not the gameplay(and i usually like puzzle games), so i hope they change gameplay and characters, i can deal with returning catherine(or katherine i don't remember lol, i mean the tempting one) and some npcs, but not Vincent as protagonist again.

Keinning

I don`t get the people saying "i want a new game but not continuing vincent's story" like there's a real risk of them wanting to do Catherine II: Betray Harder or something.
The teaser had Trisha, not Vincent.
I'm almost certain they're aware vincent story is over but the golden playhouse mythos can go on.

They should do a remake

It`s BC, no need to dig out a 360

duckroll

Things Atlus could have done in the last 5 years if they had any awareness of how to tap into what people outside of Japan liked about their products:

- Catherine PC version with expanded multiplayer compenent
- F2P Rapunzel on smartphones with online leaderboards, limited # of lives per day just like in the original
- Full Catherine Mobile for those who want to pay more for the entire thing

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Oh boy! I actually just played Catherine for the first time this month. Really enjoyed it. I'm definitely in if this happens.

Lunar15

Things Atlus could have done in the last 5 years if they had any awareness of how to tap into what people outside of Japan liked about their products:

- F2P Rapunzel on smartphones with online leaderboards, limited # of lives per day just like in the original

There's people outside of Japan?

Laplasakos

If Atlus were smart, they could release Shin Megami Tensei GO for mobile in which you could hunt and catch demons and watch it explode in the charts.

Mupod

I don't expect a direct sequel to Catherine either in gameplay or story. Rather a self-contained game with a similar presentation, like another entry in an anthology series.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I want the next Catherine style game to be called Alex. It's a similar story except the main character is struggling with his sexuality issues and cheats on his girlfriend Alexandra for a guy names Alex. I've yet to see a game raise those kind of themes before and I'd love to see Atlus do it.

I want the next Catherine style game to be called Alex. It's a similar story except the main character is struggling with his sexuality issues and cheats on his girlfriend Alexandra for a guy names Alex. I've yet to see a game raise those kind of themes before and I'd love to see Atlus do it.

It'd be totally interesting, although I wonder if Atlus would really be up for it considering the lack of same-sex relationships in Persona 5.

Top Bottom