• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Teases Catherine Follow-Up [Rumor] (Persona Central)

OMG if it gets a sequel.

what are you doing with your life? DO IT.

If by the time I finish Nier: Automata, Dark Souls III and Splinter Cell Trilogy I'm in the mood for Catherine I'd do it. As I said, there's something else to play that keeps me from playing it since the puzzles themselves don't do enough to maintain my interest on the game. I've started the game like three times and I always drop it.

They should release the multiplayer digitally on modern platforms

You can play it on XB1

Edit: arghhhh.... not the first post of the page D:

Give me a sequel! Or fuck, give me a PC or PS4/X1 re-release. ANYTHING. Catherine was a stellar game with an amazing art style and glorious soundtrack.

Kalentan

Did they ever confirm or deny if Catherine takes place in the Persona universe? Not that it matters.

I know the P3 is a reference but isn't actually Vincent.

_Ryo_

YES. Please. I've wanted a "Catherine" anthology for quite a while. What I imagine is each game tells a different story, with a different style of puzzle, but each entry focuses on an aspect of society and the human phyche.

Kalentan

Why is that a theory? In the true neutral ending
it clearly shows they're in space.

Well with it following some stuff of the Lovers Arcana, having the same art style, and made by the same studio. It isn't hard to imagine it might be set in the same universe.

It doesn't matter if it is or isn't but would still be interesting to know.

I remember seeing that Vincent could be found in P3P, if that counts.

Well I know that's just a reference, not actually Vincent. Just a look-a-like.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I LOVED Catherine but I don't want Catherine 2 instead I want Atlus make series out of Golden playhouse. I even made a thread about it.

DC1

I loved everything about Catherine except the puzzle platforming.

...kinda liked the puzzle platforming.

mas8705

I don't have many regrets as a gamer, but missing a few games like Catherine (and a few special ones on the PS3/4) are a few of them. If this means a sequel or a remastering for the next gens, then I'm all for it. ^_^

Fuck yes!

As long as it lets me play as an adult that spends most of their free time down the pub again, I'll be there day one!

I have Catherine for the PS3 and I loved it, even though I wasn't particularly good at higher difficulties. Sadly, since my PS3 broke I can't access it anymore.

The idea of a successor (if not a sequel) makes me happy but I do wish they would port Catherine for the PS4 too. Would buy it in a heartbeat.

Shin

Banned
OMG yes! I've been eagerly awaiting a remaster in 4K despite playing the original like a month or two ago.
Hopefully the follow-up or whatever it turns out to be targets that resolution the game has such great artistic style I want to see it in all it's glory.

I don't know if Catherine sold well enough to warrant a sequel, but I'd be up for it.

Knowing Atlus, they might make a game which genre is completely different from Catherine while still being related to it story-wise

The game was a big success for Atlus.

Catherine is a fantastic game so this is great news.
It definitely needs to be about someone else though, Vincent's story is perfect as it is.

Keinning

Just watch how follow up to Catherine going end up coming to PC but not on Xbox, just like NieR Automata.

don't you freakin jinx it

Catherine is BC and usually on sale. they at least remember the game is on xbox too unlike Nier. i'm going to murder john atlus if Catherine2 doesn't get a xbox version too

I really wanted to like Catherine.

I loved the bar sequences, music, characters and story but the climbing just wasn't for me :/
Just have someone else play it for you and watch. My girlfriend played it and I just watched all of the cutscenes and bar interactions. It was a great experience, I love Catherine.

Top Bottom