• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Less than an hour to go, presumably. Time to start the clock.

33-small.jpg

To aid those placing bets on what type of update we might see next, I took a couple minutes out of my busy schedule to compile a list of the types of updates and how many weekdays it's been since we've seen the last one:

Character's final smash: 1 day
Character bio: 3 days
Item: 4 days
Music: 5 days
Stage: 6 days
"Game Modes": 8 days
Pokémon: 11 days
"How to Play": 15 days
Movies: never (or, 7 months)
Notices: never

Obviously, this isn't an absolute indicator since Sakurai sometimes does the same type two days in a row (like, most recently, Link's and Pikachu's final smashes). It's kind of interesting to look at anyway, I think.

I think Pikachu's Volt Tackle will work like a super Up+B, in that he darts all over the place, with the player guiding his direction.
My prediction for today's update will be a new game mode that's new to Brawl.

Zeed

Banned
I'm gonna call it - this week is gonna be Final Smash week. We're gonna get all the Final Smashes for already revealed characters.

You know

If Brawl comes out in Japan first, I don't have enough restraint not to read about every secret character they discover.

Please God do not do that, Nintendo.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
ShockingAlberto said:
You know

If Brawl comes out in Japan first, I don't have enough restraint not to read about every secret character they discover.

Please God do not do that, Nintendo.

You know they'll do just that. But since I live in Europe I haven't even bothered to buy a wii yet. I need to see some release dates for No More Heroes and Brawl so I can see if I need to import and when...

point: Spoilar awai!

It’s rumored that this unpredictable character will give birth to a form of martial arts that other characters cannot even see.

Ugh, let the wild speculation begin. :lol

I'm betting this is just meaningless banter like most things written in the updates.

EDIT: Okay, okay, it just means the other characters won't be able to see his farts. :lol

Tristam

WastingPenguins said:
Ugh, let the wild speculation begin. :lol

I'm betting this is just meaningless banter like most things written in the updates.

I was being half serious. I assumed it was referring to the Wario Waft or something. ;p

jvalioli

After this and Kirby not running away from Final Smash Pikachu, I'm starting to think that Sakurai doesn't really like him.

Phaethon0017 said:
Has a release date been announced? And will this use the Wii mote?

You could at least skim the first post.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
ShockingAlberto said:
Man

Sakurai really hates Kirby.

Edit: Before a nine page discussion begins "schooling" me on Kirby's creation, it was a joke.

Actually I think Kirby is a Satoru Iwata creation.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
ShockingAlberto said:
Wiki credits it mostly to Sakurai and Miyamoto.

Yea, I just did some research into it and Sarukai did indeed create the actual character though Iwata is still usually credited with the Kirby design.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
wario_070620d-l.jpg

Shard said:
Actually I think Kirby is a Satoru Iwata creation.
I believe Iwata was more involved in Eggerland and Lolo, Kirby is Sakurai's creation who was inspired by Lolo.

P.S. Had to post the pic again. :lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Fun fact: Wario has his own
world_b_16.gif
icon, which reveals that Wario is from "World 16." So that list from about 10 pages back can be updated:

1. Smash Brothers
3. StarFox
4. Kirby
6. Metroid
8. Pokémon
9. Zelda
10. Mario
11. Yoshi
16. WarioWare
18. Kid Icarus

Just a random thought... are any of the WarioWare characters conducive to being a Smash Bros. character? I don't remember anyone considering them.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Oblivion said:
LET'S SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT!

:lol Most of the funny pictures have Kirby in it. They must love Kirby.

So Wario either has fart attacks that you cannot see. Or he has "twitch" attacks that maybe consist of 2 visible animation frames, similar to Mr. Game & Watch. In the second trailer Warios running animation was like this. It would be very fitting for a Warioware character.

edit: Looking at the trailer again there are more frames than I thought, but it still looks very twitchy.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Kureishima said:
No dude. The turn around animation for Melee is INSANELY SLOW when turning around at a running pace. If you're talking about dash dancing, completely different and has no real animation like we're talking about.

Try dashing for a distance, then slamming the other direction. It's 100% inefficient. That's a reason why we wavedash, yo.

I know that. I meant its fast compared to what we're seeing in this picture. If Mario turns around like that he might trip and fall flat on his face. Or I said he's doing a backwards dash, running backwards, which would be a new type of movement.

Danthrax said:
Fun fact: Wario has his own
world_b_16.gif
icon, which reveals that Wario is from "World 16." So that list from about 10 pages back can be updated:

1. Smash Brothers
3. StarFox
4. Kirby
6. Metroid
8. Pokémon
9. Zelda
10. Mario
11. Yoshi
16. WarioWare
18. Kid Icarus

Just a random thought... are any of the WarioWare characters conducive to being a Smash Bros. character? I don't remember anyone considering them.
There was a poll in...shit, I don't remember which magazine, but it was a list of most popular Nintendo characters.

Mona made the top ten, while Wario was 19 or something. If Sakurai's looking for another female character, she'd fit the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom