• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space - GI October cover

butsomuch

gioct.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200709/N07.0913.1222.50792.htm

Game Informer Magazine subscribers should be getting their October issues shortly which features an explosive cover-story reveal of a new survival horror game from EA, Dead Space. Fans of the cult-classic film Event Horizon and straight-up horror aficionados aren’t going to want to miss this one! If that’s not enough, we blow the lid off Project Origin, the new F.E.A.R. sequel, and give you a glimpse of what you can expect to see from the guys at Monolith. It’s definitely not for the squeamish. We also talk to guitar legend Slash about his role in Guitar Hero III, and much more.

TheJollyCorner said:
ummm...

well, more horror games are good, yes?

YES YES

sorry im a bit kinda drunk but yeah all horro games are good to go you know

witn me anyway i mnea NOTHING TOUCHES silent hill but horror is horror and im all kinda hoping for godo horror. if you know what i mean.

butsomuch

http://money.cnn.com/2006/08/22/commentary/column_gaming/index.htm

Electronic Arts' 'Epic' deal
Video game maker licenses hot new graphics engine, raising questions about a previous $48 million deal
September 6 2006

...EA will only say it plans to use the Unreal engine on action games. P.J. McNealy, an analyst with American Technology Research, said in a note Monday that the latest "Medal of Honor" game, which was recently delayed to 2007, has made the switch, as well as an unannounced first-person shooter named "Dead Space". (The company declined to comment on the specifics of the report.)...

Wario64 said:
The Bioshock clones begin

Good, I need some more variety of games after two generations of Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame type horror games, though RE4 has broken the series excellently away from the mold of course.

?

doesn't look or sound anything like bioshock.

you guys are writing this off already based on some far flung relation to bioshock and ea?

jesus.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
So it's an FPS, where an ancient alien horde hidden in the far reaches of space is unleashed, and Only One Man Can Stop Them™.

Man, these guys are renegades. Who knows what they'll think up next?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TemplaerDude said:
?

doesn't look or sound anything like bioshock.

you guys are writing this off already based on some far flung relation to bioshock and ea?

jesus.

So how is development on Dead Space going along?

Bioshock was never hyped as a horror game. It wasnt until the final impression in podcasts did i find out the game was genuinly creepy. This is a horror title ground up apperently.

For fuck's sake, the dude doesn't even look like a Big Daddy. Hell, he looks more like some dodgy, scrapped UT3 character than anything from Bioshock. Which is to say he looks like something from Too Human. But Bioshock? Come on.

Mau ®

Guys remember! The people who created Silent Hill were also a renegade team at Konami! Renegade people are misunderstood thats all! :lol

But in all honesty, I hope this turns out good, regardless of it being an EA game...

Dante

:lol

First of all this game is NOTHING like Bioshock

And,

You will say WOW when you see it.

It's third person, and kinda plays like RE4 for those that care. Actually I think they were tagging it as RE in space.

Gamer @ Heart said:
Bioshock was never hyped as a horror game. It wasnt until the final impression in podcasts did i find out the game was genuinly creepy. This is a horror title ground up apperently.
Dude, it was being promoted as the spiritual successor to System Shock 2, a game considered by most to be a horror game. I can definitely remember it being hyped as a horror game in the beginning.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Bioshock was hyped as horror game the instant the title and the creators of the game were known

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Dante said:
:lol

First of all this game is NOTHING like Bioshock

And,

You will say WOW when you see it.

It's third person, and kinda plays like RE4 for those that care. Actually I think they were tagging it as RE in space.

Serious: is this the game you are working on?

Top Bottom