• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space - GI October cover

Crushed

Fry Daddy
probune said:
BioShock GI Cover

BioShock is In A World™. In Dead Space, Only One Man Can Stop Them™.

However, BioShock has elements of "And Only One Man Can Save Us All™," so the mixup is understandable.

Grecco

Dante said:
:lol

First of all this game is NOTHING like Bioshock

And,

You will say WOW when you see it.

It's third person, and kinda plays like RE4 for those that care. Actually I think they were tagging it as RE in space.

So its a Gears of War clone instead. Gotcha

Muppet345

can i kill children in it?

if I can't kill children in it I'm not buying it

I wonder if they approved my NMA account yet

ezekial45

Banned
Dante said:
:lol

First of all this game is NOTHING like Bioshock

And,

You will say WOW when you see it.

It's third person, and kinda plays like RE4 for those that care. Actually I think they were tagging it as RE in space.

So this game will be like the original version of Dark Sector?

I'll hold me reservations since it's EA, but seriously, I want to hear more about it since Dante seems to be the only one who saw and read anything about it.

Dante

college_boy said:
I see where this is going.

I am getting a Bioshock exclusive redux vibe here.

:lol No every EA game is like that. 360 then they port it late in the game to the PS3.

Gribbix

AltogetherAndrews said:
For fuck's sake, the dude doesn't even look like a Big Daddy. Hell, he looks more like some dodgy, scrapped UT3 character than anything from Bioshock. Which is to say he looks like something from Too Human. But Bioshock? Come on.

Seriously. Really, guys? You really think they're ripping off BioShock? The same game that most of GAF thought would bomb hard and the other part hardly had any interest only a month or so before its release. So by saying that EA is ripping BioShock off, you guys are basically admitting that EA has greater foresight than most of you.

mr stroke

Sean said:
Seriously. By the time I receive my GI people already have the next months issue.

this must be an issue depending on where you live because I get mine almost a month late(in CA)
sucks :(

DCharlie

Banned
EA: Make moar sports games.
EA five minutes later : EXCEPT YOU GUYS, MAKE SOMETHING NOT SPORTS!

company sanctioned renagade teams! We're partying now!!! ;)

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
FTWer said:
What? Is there some rule that cool games can't be made for Wii? I mean, wtf? I'm tired of seeing all the high-concept, baddass, games passing up Wii.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Almost got to work on this as a texture guy, now Im on something else :( . Too bad since I agree with Dante here.

Gears of War ripoff? Did anybody blame Gears for being a RE 4 clone?

Akia said:
I wonder what they do to get them?
Shoe from EGM explained in a interview that because GI gets exposure in GameStop and always has a market they can take more risks and get these kinds of cover stories where you basically read about AAA titles years before they release (Gears, BioShock, Crackdown) and they have the cash to cover their big time exclusives (RE4, Every major GTA title since Vice City, Metroid Prime 2) whereas EGM is stuck trying to get your attention on newstands with games you already know.

Mrbob

Gahiggidy said:
What? Is there some rule that cool games can't be made for Wii? I mean, wtf? I'm tired of seeing all the high-concept, baddass, games passing up Wii.

Yes that rule is don't duct tape two gamecubes together to make a system.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
miyamotofreak said:
Shoe from EGM explained in a interview that because GI gets exposure in GameStop and always has a market they can take more risks and get these kinds of cover stories where you basically read about AAA titles years before they release (Gears, BioShock, Crackdown) and they have the cash to cover their big time exclusives (RE4, Every major GTA title since Vice City, Metroid Prime 2) whereas EGM is stuck trying to get your attention on newstands with games you already know.

Microsoft seems to look out for them though. Halo 3 stuff. Ninja Gaiden on 1up.com, etc

I always heard of it as a first person shooter with a story that mattered. I didnt play system shock so i didnt make ant comparioson to it. Regardless, it was more of a shooter than a horror title. The game was creepy, never scary.

Top Bottom