• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Credibility hit! GRID PS3 vs 360 Demo Comparisons found to be "fudged"

nib95

Banned
IGNORE. thread old.

===

Credit goes to 3rdamention from the IGN boards.

---

Conspiracy theorists will love this! Basically Gametrailers tried to compare the two games. They claimed that the PS3 version had poorer crash physics than that of the other system. Then, an eagle eyed viewer noticed that on the replays of the 360 version, there were PS3 buttons at the bottom.

Come to find out, all of the videos were from the PS3 version, and they did not even show the 360 Version.

Gametrailers has since taken the comparison off their site, as well as, all of the negative comments that went with it.

First they said they would not ever turn on RGB to full on their PS3s, even if it did make their color look better. Now they are faking their comparison videos?

Call it what you want, but I never liked them anyways when they said they would not turn RGB Color Range to full, yet they would always dog the PS3 version of games with "washed out colors!"

Here is a really nice thread on the Gametrailers forums about it, with their lame excuse about being "ready for Gears 2 videos" and overlooked this unintentionally. This thread is a fanboys conspiracy wet dream.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=395719&page=39

Link to the original story

http://onaxis.blogspot.com/2008/05/race-driver-grid-playstation-3-vs-xbox.html

kenta

Has no PEINS
Just a guess, they'll put a fixed version of the video up and either refuse to comment on it or be unapologetic about it, PS3 fans will whine and nothing will come of it

nib95

Banned
pswii60 said:
You have thread locking capabilities now?

By the way, who is that gimpychimp in your avatar?

Gimpychip? Is this what has become of forum posters these days? :lol Wow.

pswii60

nib95 said:
Gimpychip? Is this what has become of forum posters these days? :lol Wow.
It's my favourite word man. Gimpychimp.

And if that is the worst thing a 'forum poster' has said to you, then good luck for the future :)

nib95

Banned
pswii60 said:
It's my favourite word man. Gimpychimp.

It's a funny word I'll give you that. Never heard it in my life though. By the way, the handsome devil is me.

And no it's not the worst thing. But it's up there with some of the more immature/funny comments I've heard. It's a word I would have expected my baby niece to say lol. :D

pswii60

nib95 said:
It's a funny word I'll give you that. never heard it in my life though. By the way, the handsome devil is me.
I know, I was just teasing ;)

You look like you've got a good bit of low-quality non-stick lipstick on your cheek though.

nib95

Banned
pswii60 said:
I know, I was just teasing ;)

You look like you've got a good bit of low-quality non-stick lipstick on your cheek though.

Ai, I have lipstick all over my face. And if you saw my fiancee, you probably wouldn't think it was "low-quality" any more. ;)

Anyway, this is so OT now lol. Mods lock already! :D

Top Bottom