• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Megaman 9 is a WiiWare Exlcusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUELEN10

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thu...be-the-first-game-to-hit-wiiware-xbla-and-psn

"Capcom pinged us to let us know that the game is currently slated "for WiiWare only" and that the information data indicating otherwise in the E3 roster was a mistake on its part."

Now that it IS exclusively on WiiWare, we must pay heed to the following gif.
2d9p5q0.gif

HUELEN10

Alaluef said:
That's actually unexpected. Well, works for me!
Me too (well, except for my misspelling in the thread title, oh well!:lol), but I just hope there are other controller options. I would love to play this with the classic or DS3, but now since it is a WiiWare exclusive, I HOPE the classic gets support!

Heh, thats unexpected. Though honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it came out for XBLA and PSN later on, probably with some extras.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Unison said:
Fine by me, but half the forum will start hating it again. :lol

"Thank god, I'm glad I don't have to buy a Wi...wait, it's not coming to XBLA? Fuck this shit, it should be 16-bit HD!"

Completely unexpected, but I'm glad to see a return to actual exclusives. It gives more meaning to owning a specific console (and less headache to owning all three).

Teknoman

SabinFigaro said:
Completely unexpected, but I'm glad to see a return to actual exclusives. It gives more meaning to owning a specific console (and less headache to owning all three).

Yes really.

Amir0x

Banned
SabinFigaro said:

how can it be a headache to owning all three if something is multiconsole?

It's MORE of a headache to 'owning all three' if something is exclusive, not the other way around :p

Amir0x said:
how can it be a headache to owning all three if something is multiconsole?

It's MORE of a headache to 'owning all three' if something is exclusive, not the other way around :p
Yeah, that came out wrong. It's definitely not a headache to own all three, but I do find it somewhat maddening when an "exclusive" title gets ported months down the road. I prefer each console to have their own set of exclusives.

Mejilan said:
Odd choice.

Considering the popularity of classic games on the VC (and even WiiWare), it isn't all that strange. I think that Wii owners will be much more likely to pick this up, than XBLA or PSN users, given the style of the game.
Now, had they made it 2.5D and just went all out, then it would be an odd choice.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
What I imagine is MM9 is Wii exclusive and XBL/PSN will be getting some hi def MM that has been in development longer.

bdouble

Its cool but why did they purposely make it look so old? I mean they could have at least gone like a newer looking 2d. :\ They don't have to be 8bit nostalgic. Would have been nice to take the middle route. New art and design but 2d game.

Wiiware is going to get so kicks ass though.

bdouble said:
Its cool but why did they purposely make it look so old? I mean they could have at least gone like a newer looking 2d. :\ They don't have to be 8bit nostalgic.

That is the entire point.

RyanDG

I said this earlier today in the other topic -

I have no doubts that Mega Man will be coming to the PS3/Xbox 360, but I don't think it's going to be Mega Man 9.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
RyanDG said:
I said this earlier today in the other topic -

I have no doubts that Mega Man will be coming to the PS3/Xbox 360, but I don't think it's going to be Mega Man 9.

Yup, that's what I'm guessing as well. MM9 in its current form is perfect for WiiWare, and I imagine a hi def MM has been in the works for a while now.

HUELEN10

schuelma said:
Yup, that's what I'm guessing as well. MM9 in its current form is perfect for WiiWare, and I imagine a hi def MM has been in the works for a while now.

MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3 ON HD CONSOLES

BELIEVE

Cynar

oh man, this thread is going to be golden. I expect lots of tears and hate. :lol Still excited for this and I can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom