• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Megaman 9 is a WiiWare Exlcusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUELEN10

Cynar said:
oh man, this thread is going to be golden. I expect lots of tears and hate. :lol Still excited for this and I can't wait!
Well, let me start off then.

I WILL NOT BUY THIS GAME!

I want to, but I have no space on my Wii, and I have firmly boycotted the Shop Channel until the problem is solved. We NEED the SD card slot unlocked and the channel cap removed!

NOW!

Delio

It will be funny if it does remain on Wiiware. I suppose reponses in this thread are a preview to that. And waiting for a HD megaman and not getting this seems kinda weird if your a fan of the series.

Phthisis

schuelma said:
What I imagine is MM9 is Wii exclusive and XBL/PSN will be getting some hi def MM that has been in development longer.

It does smell that way to me, especially after Svensson's "you don't know the whole story" comments.

HUELEN10 said:
2d9p5q0.gif
:lol

So true...so true...

Ahem,

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222704&highlight=Mega

JzeroT1437 said:
Listening to a podcast, I recently started thinking about how Capcom could produce Mega Man 9 cheaply; rather than making it like the X series, why not create a traditional, nonlinear, 8 or 16 bit Mega Man that utilized midi music? This would significantly reduce production costs while expediting development. Further, they could distribute the game digitally whereas all three major consoles now have digital distro services. Perhaps most importantly, it would bridge the story between original MM and MMX and give fans a return to the basics. What do you guys think? Would this even be considered, or is it a joke in today's industry?

I called it six months ago. So awesome.

Haunted

Alphahawk said:
So wait what's going on here, because 1up is saying that it's coming to 360/PS3
1up quoted the erroneous Ars Technica article that has since been updated with Wiiware exclusivity.

Slow on the uptake etc. etc.

HUELEN10

Alphahawk said:
Basically, the source listed on top received word from capcom themselves confirming it is slated only on Wii, specifically on the WiiWare download platform.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
It did scream a WiiWare project, so not that surprising.

However being Capcom, it will probably end up on everything and in 5 different versions before a year is out ...

Cynar

Alphahawk said:

1up was wrong and didn't check their sources. Video game journalism at it's finest. :lol

vareon

Nash said:
It did scream a WiiWare project, so not that surprising.

However being Capcom, it will probably end up on everything and in 5 different versions before a year is out ...

on Mobile Phones.

Sounds very likely to me :lol

koam

I like the troll responses/ damage control: "it's a timed exclusive!" .. "it will eventually come out on psn and xbl with more features".

Cynar

koam said:
I like the troll responses/ damage control: "it's a timed exclusive!" .. "it will eventually come out on psn and xbl with more features".

they're passed that now, they believe an even better super HD next gen version is in development now! :lol the meltdowns are great in this thread

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Alphahawk said:
1UP, Gamepro, and others picked it up from Ars Technica.

bubka

What is the mean age of a 360 owner? The "MEAN," the largest age group of users? I would say probably 16-18... These users have never played 8-bit mega man. At least not in large numbers. I say it is a smart move.

Cynar

bubka said:
What is the mean age of a 360 owner? The "MEAN," the largest age group of users? I would say probably 16-18... These users have never played 8-bit mega man. At least not in large numbers. I say it is a smart move.

I'd say even a little bit lower, 15 - 17. It's a very smart move on Capcoms part as the average Wii owner is quite a bit older.

Haunted One said:
:O What the fucking hell, man. Tag-worthy prediction, that.

Except if you already knew something the general public didn't back then. ;)

Nah, I just called it. It seemed like common sense at the time--and I guess somebody over at Capcom has that. Still, I like to think somebody stumbled over my thread, and now here we are.

I would like to see a series like this, actually. It's not hard to produce Mega Man-esque titles; after all, the NES had 6, not to mention all the clones like Darkwing Duck. There's no reason Capcom shouldn't do this and reap the profits.

Lots of twists and turns with this one, and I'm guessing we'll have a few more when all is said and done. I personally hope Capcom throws the Wii a bone and keeps it exclusive after the whole Bionic Commando Rearmed thing. Besides, at the rate they churn out MM games they might as well just do something more akin to Powered Up or Maverick X Hunter for Live/PSN.

Xeke

Banned
Guybrush Threepwood said:

Nintendo January 2005 =/= Nintendo June 2008

Nintendo has far more pull than they did in early 2005, you guys are delusional for making that comparison. I see it staying exclusive.

Haunted

There hasn't been a multiplatform Mega Man title in years. The last 10 iterations or so were all exclusive on their respective platforms.

Just sayin'.

Loudninja said:
What meltdowns?

I see neither trolling nor meltdowns in this thread.

schuelma said:
What I imagine is MM9 is Wii exclusive and XBL/PSN will be getting some hi def MM that has been in development longer.

Lol, NO. It's called wishful thinking, it makes you look pathetic...this is called Megaman NINE, not Megaman: subtitle because it's a spinoff, this is the next game in the main Megaman series. If XBL/PSN get a game it'll be a port, remake or spinoff (which usually suck)

koam

Cynar said:
they're passed that now, they believe an even better super HD next gen version is in development now! :lol the meltdowns are great in this thread

I'm indifferent because i have a ps3 and a wii so i'll be getting the game either way. What I don't get is why the sudden interest in a megaman game? This is like the 30th installment in the series.

HUELEN10

bubka said:
1. There are quite the number of "celebs" on GAF, are you really N'Gai? If so, AWESOME!
2. Your talk of the mean age makes me wonder if the PS3 should have been the console this should have been pushed on. It had most of the X series, and in the late 90's, "mega" fans went to Sony's consoles.

Xeke

Banned
HUELEN10 said:
1. There are quite the number of "celebs" on GAF, are you really N'Gai? If so, AWESOME!
2. Your talk of the mean age makes me wonder if the PS3 should have been the console this should have been pushed on. It had most of the X series, and in the late 90's, "mega" fans went to Sony's consoles.

Weren't all the Z games on the GBA though?

Pojo

Banned
I hope it stays exclusive or is at least announced that it will eventually come to the PS3/360. I want the game, but I want it in HD if possible. And I'm not buying it twice.

On a side note, I really, really hate timed exclusives. Does it ever make people buy a $400 system when they know it'll be on the one they own in a few months?

This thread is like some kind of bizarro-NeoGAF where we fight to the death for 8-bit "SD" gaming exclusives instead of the usual AAA big-budget spiel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom