• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Critter Crunch (PSN) Thread: Taste The Rainbow

kassatsu

Banned
banner.png

info.png

• Platform: PSN (Also on iPhone)
  • Developer: Capy
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Release Date: Oct 8th (NA) | Nov 19th (EU)
  • Price: $6.99 | £4.49 | €5.49
  • Demo: Yes
  • http://www.crittercrunch.com/

reasons.png

1. Hand-animated characters and beautiful backgrounds come to life in gorgeous 1080p resolution at 60fps!
  2. Co-op and Versus Multiplayer: Battle a friend or work together locally or on the PlayStation Network.
  3. Award-winning and Addictive “Food Chain” puzzle-style: Feed smaller critters into larger ones and watch them pop! The longer your chain, the larger the jewel!
  4. 4 unique Single-Player game modes: Choose your play style - Story, Puzzle, Challenge and Survival modes offer something for every puzzle gamer!
  5. Loads of power-ups and special critters keep things fresh and offer tons of new challenges.
  6. Rainbow Barf! Make sure you pop huge chains so you can feed your son by regurgitating rainbow-y goodness into his mouth!
  7. Earn bragging rights with Trophy achievements and smack talk your opponents with Voice support
  8. Your girlfriend will like it too ;)!

previews.png

images.png

island.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

mp.jpg

videos.png

reviews.png

Reviews

Awards

trophies.png

trophy1.png

trophy2.png

giveaway.png

Cromulent_Word said:
BLAMMO! CRITTER CRUNCH IS UP!

And to coincide with it coming up on the store...

shirtstore.jpg

THE FIRST PERSON TO POST THE CORRECT ANSWER TO EACH OF THESE 3 QUESTIONS WILL GET TO CHOOSE A SHIRT FROM THE CAPY SHIRT STORE FOR FREE!

Q: What was the most desired spice in Europe during the 15th century?

Q: What ancient saying originated from Krunchatoa Island?

Q: What scientific discovery is Hank Hudson most proud of?

just to make sure i'm clear here, whoever answers the question first, gets a t-shirt FOR FREAKING FREE...

And if you just want to buy a slick qiqo-designed Critter Crunch shirt like the pic above, hit the capy store.

Didn't win one?
Buy one here: http://capy.store-08.com/browse/t-shirts/

chat.png

I made a PSN Chat Room for the game.
Send me a pm on PSN (psn id: kassatsu) and I will invite you to it.

footer2.png

thanks.png

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
That tshirt is insane :lol

I'll get this day one, it looks fantastic.

we're still sorting out the whole "shirts" thing - rest assured we'll have some to giveaway to GAF to coincide with launch, but we're looking into selling them as well.

HUGE THANKS to Kassatsu (and his gf) for such a dope thread.

user friendly said:
I vote that all the people who post on the first page of this thread get one by default. :D

Sign me up if that goes through :p

I've been wanting this game for a good while. I need to ship my PS3 to Sony for repair already.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
This is going to be fantastic. I love the iPhone version and can't wait to play this game with a controller and see it on the big screen. The art is so good.:D

V_Ben

Banned
Buying it, telling my friends to buy it, and showing it to everybody I know so that they might buy it too! Also, that t-shirt looks super sweet!

Glad to finally see a release date. I'll be grabbing it day one.
Go ahead and pencil me in for one of those awesome t-shirts.

HyperMusic said:
I know you said it was gonna be cheap, but damn! :D
In these tough economic times blah blah blah....

Actually we just wanted to price it well so hopefully people will be more likely to give it a shot. At the end of the day we just want people to play the game we worked super hard to make cool.

Nizz

Nice OP! I had no clue exactly what the game was about. Looks like a lot of fun. A nice break from all the shooting I do in games. ;)

Edgeward

One upping Shatter I see. Fantastic! Won't even grovel for free code. This a buy for me. Although a free shirt would be nice. :lol

Curufinwe

My wife just noticed this on the PSN store last night (on a Pulse preview, I think) and really liked the look of it so I'm glad it's almost out.

Gong

Cromulent_Word said:
In these tough economic times blah blah blah....

Actually we just wanted to price it well so hopefully people will be more likely to give it a shot. At the end of the day we just want people to play the game we worked super hard to make cool.

It`s a great move, and I really hope it does well. The enthusiasm you had when you were talking about the game during the interview was infectious to say the least. Will shout you another beer the next time you`re in town dude ;-)

Ravidrath

Day 1, and shit.

And CromulentWord better give me a shirt, seeing how he wouldn't help me get into the Ubi party at E3 to get a beer with him.

El-Suave

One of the few iPod Touch games I actually like a lot. I can't wait.
A bit of a bummer that we have to wait a bit longer in Europe though (from the answer to my question on the PS blog) - maybe I'll buy it twice, it's too cheap anyway. ;-)

HyperMusic said:
It`s a great move, and I really hope it does well. The enthusiasm you had when you were talking about the game during the interview was infectious to say the least. Will shout you another beer the next time you`re in town dude ;-)
Thanks man - I will welcome any opportunity to hang out again. Good times.

Now I just have to figure out how to get back to Edinburgh....

El-Suave said:
One of the few iPod Touch games I actually like a lot. I can't wait.
A bit of a bummer that we have to wait a bit longer in Europe though (from the answer to my question on the PS blog) - maybe I'll buy it twice, it's too cheap anyway. ;-)
It's a big bummer on our end - it was just a massive amount of work to get everything done, and when you're on the small side like Capy is, you gotta pick your fights. Sincere apologies to our Euro friends, but hopefully pricing it fairly (unlike many a game) will partly make up for the delay.

rc213

<- Capy Party Avatar
4s1jqb.jpg

Congrats!

Day one for sure, Online Co-Op is something I look for and it seems you have put a lot of thought into it.

Ravidrath said:
Day 1, and shit.

And CromulentWord better give me a shirt, seeing how he wouldn't help me get into the Ubi party at E3 to get a beer with him.
I do owe you a shirt for that. Or at least 1 Ubi party ticket. Either/or.

Blu_LED said:
$7? I was ready to pay upwards of $15 for this thing. Will be mine day 1.
You could buy it twice!

This game and more importantly, the t shirt, look ridiculously awesome.

You have my $6.99 (and whatever the t-shirt costs) on day one.

Top Bottom