• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Critter Crunch (PSN) Thread: Taste The Rainbow

Cromulent_Word said:
Yup - we should have one or 2 regular themes with launch, and we're hoping to have a well-priced Dynamic Theme as well.

Make sure the dynamic theme will be AWESOME
let it barf every time I turn the controller upside down!

(and don't forget squishy menu soundeffects)

PuMa

Wow, this game can't be refused at that price. I was already gonna buy it first day, but damn. Props to Cromulent and the rest of the guys at Capy for what looks to be a great game.

make sure you guys when doing theme add sound without being obnoxious and make a pretty background for that ugly news feed at the top and somehow make that ugly friend list look good I was thinking take Tubgirl picture concept and make it squirt rainbow :lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The trophies are... I'm not really happy with the online ones. I mean they're easy to do, but I just don't like playing puzzlers online.

The rest seem easy to do, but may be slightly hard in practice which is nice. They aren't going to be frustrating to get either.

Hopefully the online isn't fucked like Puzzle Quest: Galactrix to where you can't get the online wins to unlock. :lol

El-Suave

The trophies are great - love the icons. I'm still a bit shocked that Trine had just the standard templates with all the beautiful art they're pushing.

My suggestion for the theme(s) is that they should be user friendly above all. It sucks if you have great art or in the case of a dynamic theme great animations, but you can hardly use it because you can't see the commands very well. The LBP dynamic theme is awesome in that respect while the Wipeout one has too much going on, so it's distracting.

Cromulent_Word, I just wanted to say, I LOVE your company's logo. So simple yet so amazing.

That said, I adore this game on my iPhone and as soon as I have a PS3, I will absolutely buy this game. Also, I would wear the shit out of that T-shirt, so I hope they're available on a company website or something.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
I love the Itouch game soooooo much, wouldn't think twice to get it on PS3. :D

Also, the t-shirt is amazing. :lol

Wow, that T-shirt is great!

I dont have an iPod/Phone myself but i've played Critter Crunch with friends and I really like it.

One thing: Will us Europeeeens be able to get our hands on that shirt?

TheSeks said:
The trophies are... I'm not really happy with the online ones. I mean they're easy to do, but I just don't like playing puzzlers online.
Only two of the trophies is online-specific (Smirk Whiper & Veteran Food Eater) and neither is overly hard to get.

El-Suave said:
My suggestion for the theme(s) is that they should be user friendly above all. It sucks if you have great art or in the case of a dynamic theme great animations, but you can hardly use it because you can't see the commands very well. The LBP dynamic theme is awesome in that respect while the Wipeout one has too much going on, so it's distracting.
Thanks for the suggestions, we'll def. think about this as we work on it!

Psy-Phi

That's too damn cheap. I expected 10 at the least and really 15. But I'll still take it and feel like I'm getting away with a steal.

Psy-Phi said:
That's too damn cheap. I expected 10 at the least and really 15. But I'll still take it and feel like I'm getting away with a steal.
No steal - we just wanted to make sure the game was well-priced. Though if you like feeling like a thief, please continue to do so.

Subliminal42 said:
One thing: Will us Europeeeens be able to get our hands on that shirt?
We'll do our best not to exclude our pals across the pond.

awesome shirt and awesome art style. definitely want to check this game out, looks like a lot of fun, and the price is definitely right.

just a heads up, Qiqo (the artist that did all the character art/animation fro Critter Crunch) did a series of “Biggs as other game characters”. Take a peak:

Biggs-LineUp-SML.jpg

Check out the post here: http://crittercrunch.com/?p=328

We'll be posting more shiz like this on www.crittercrunch.com often leading to, and after our Oct. 8th launch.

Cromulent_Word said:
just a heads up, Qiqo (the artist that did all the character art/animation fro Critter Crunch) did a series of “Biggs as other game characters”. Take a peak:

We'll be posting more shiz like this on www.crittercrunch.com often leading to, and after our Oct. 8th launch.

any chance of these being DLC costumes later on?

Riskbreaker23 said:
any chance of these being DLC costumes later on?
Almost zero chance unfortunately. We'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO DO IT, and if any of the people that own these brands happen to read this, PLEASE LET US DO IT!!!!

But yeah, as we explain in the post, Qiqo was just goofing around with these concepts for fun.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No Drake and his signature half-tuck barf? :D

Baha

Any chance of putting up those avatars on the PSN if/when Sony decides to finally give us new avatars?

Tntnnbltn

Baha said:
Any chance of putting up those avatars on the PSN if/when Sony decides to finally give us new avatars?
They'd need to license character likeness from the respective owners, so most probably no chance.

Xenon

I am thinking about picking this up for my wife. Her two favorite puzzle games are Zuma and Bejeweled. She is not big on tetris type games where the difficulty ramps up too fast. Is there an easy mode of some type in this game?

Xenon said:
I am thinking about picking this up for my wife. Her two favorite puzzle games are Zuma and Bejeweled. She is not big on tetris type games where the difficulty ramps up too fast. Is there an easy mode of some type in this game?
The game does get tough, but you can play the early levels as many times as you want...

GreyMatter said:
FEZ CRUNCH!!

..love. Awesome, awesome Biggs portraits. I'll send my love to qiqo :D
Thanks dude! The Polytron dudes are some of my favorite people, so we had to rock some Fezzer Crunch.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Cromulent, I will buy a shirt, as long as I buy the game...deal?

Oh wait...

Flek

Banned
Cromulent_Word said:
Almost zero chance unfortunately. We'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO DO IT, and if any of the people that own these brands happen to read this, PLEASE LET US DO IT!!!!

But yeah, as we explain in the post, Qiqo was just goofing around with these concepts for fun.

hey buy you could include this one:

Cromulent_Word said:

with a special download code you post on gaf <3

and you could make a funny competition (at gaf ;P) where gafers could create one and the best 2 are getting released as dlc :D ;O

shagg_187 said:
I said it before and I'll say it again. I'm coming down to the studio. Say yes and I'll be there! :mad:
Studio visits 1 week before launch = not safe for your health.

Seriously though, we'd normally be totally cool with it assuming we didn't have a big launch comin up :D

Thanks for the love everyone... ONE MORE WEEK!!!!!!

well i just noticed the trophy icon on the blog post :D cute.

There should definitely be a Snow from FFXIII version <3

or have a template for people to create their own?

Top Bottom