• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Critter Crunch (PSN) Thread: Taste The Rainbow

i have a question. how is the online invite working? is it barebones? I know some game actually support in-game XMB Invite. will this have it? ;o

DMPrince said:
i have a question. how is the online invite working? is it barebones? I know some game actually support in-game XMB Invite. will this have it? ;o
If we don't have XMB invite support, I'll add it to the list of "cool things people like that we should patch in".

Hellion

I saw this on Pulse 2 weeks ago... And decide it was an instant purchase. I hope it's similar to Bust-a-Move.

:lol At reason 8, it's sadly my main reason for buying it on day 1.

Vard

Watching videos kind of confuse me as to how the game plays, so I'm looking forward to the demo and figuring it all out. It looks really fun though and I like that it has co-op. Awesome community support here too. Pretty sure I will buy.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Cromulent_Word said:
If we don't have XMB invite support, I'll add it to the list of "cool things people like that we should patch in".

But first, colorblind for accessibility, right? RIGHT!?

kassatsu

Banned
3 avatars up for grabs, rehost them please.

biggs1.gif

biggs2.gif

biggs3.gif
*taken*

naib

[douche=dotDouche]
Looks cute, but, boring.
[/douche]

First time I'd actually rather see a "First!" post.
Um, yeah. What a tool.

I'm sure it won't help the odds of acquiring a t-shirt; but CC is my 1st app, on my 1st page.
Got my 1g iPotch in late March last year.

Give it to me NAOOOAWWFGDMMNITBBQ!
[/beer and LOCAL vodka]

edit:

23uzoy9.gif

just 'cause.

monocromo

HyperMusic said:
Seemed a bit rude to be talking about something and not include a link, so if you haven`t read the interview I was talking about you can find it below:

http://www.console-arcade.com/features/interview-with-capybara-games-part-one/

If that doesn`t make you look forward to CC I don`t know what will :D

Thanks a lot. Very good interview. I think that i'm not even going to botter with downloading the demo... It's an instant buy.

There's a mini hint at next Jonathan Mak's next project (at least, news to me)in the interview. Also, Flower made only by eight people..? There's a lot of good info about indie developers.

yurinka

I remember the mobile phone (J2ME, not iPhone) version. It was so fun.

The iPhone version looked great, but this PSN version looks really beautiful. Big props to the art guys. Colors, designs, animations, etc look really awesome. :)

EktorPR

Greatly anticipating it ever since the original announcement on the Blog. Can't wait to own it (and that awesome tee). :D

monocromo said:
Thanks a lot. Very good interview. I think that i'm not even going to botter with downloading the demo... It's an instant buy.

There's a mini hint at next Jonathan Mak's next project (at least, news to me)in the interview. Also, Flower made only by eight people..? There's a lot of good info about indie developers.
I had a great time hanging w/ www.console-arcade.com - and when we were done Keith treated me to some fine Scottish hospitality (also known as tasty beers in a wicked pub).

Queasy Games (aka Jon Mak's studio) is 2 floors above Capy's studio in the same building. Its awesome.

Alex

Online co-op?? That is rad.

I usually dont buy puzzle games, been burnt out of those since I was a kid, but this seems like as good a time as any to try a new one.

Agent X

HyperMusic said:
Seemed a bit rude to be talking about something and not include a link, so if you haven`t read the interview I was talking about you can find it below:

http://www.console-arcade.com/features/interview-with-capybara-games-part-one/

If that doesn`t make you look forward to CC I don`t know what will :D

I really enjoyed that interview, and the developer's enthusiastic outlook on gaming.

Critter Crunch looks like good fun, and $6.99 is a great price. One concern I have is how the game would look on a standard definition TV with 4:3 aspect ratio. Some of the screens appear to be tailored for a widescreen playfield. I'm one of those cheapskates that still hasn't purchased an HDTV, so I hope everything will still look good on my old set.

naib

WTF! Where is southpaw support? Total deal breaker!!!!!

xinoart said:
WTF. Belmont FTW!
hellvenstings posted that before me. I just had to reiterate.
There's a coworker or two I have to forward that jiff to.

Agent X said:
I really enjoyed that interview, and the developer's enthusiastic outlook on gaming.

Critter Crunch looks like good fun, and $6.99 is a great price. One concern I have is how the game would look on a standard definition TV with 4:3 aspect ratio. Some of the screens appear to be tailored for a widescreen playfield. I'm one of those cheapskates that still hasn't purchased an HDTV, so I hope everything will still look good on my old set.
We made sure nothing got cut off - the playfield on SDTV's is more zoomed out than on HDTV, so while you lose a bit of the animations, the game is much more easily playable.

We also made sure text was, as much as possible, totally readable. Tough to make everything perfect, but rest assured we spent time to make sure SDTV gamers didnt get totally poopered.

And I am glad you enjoyed my outlook - its tough not to be enthusiastic :D

Agent X

Cromulent_Word said:
We made sure nothing got cut off - the playfield on SDTV's is more zoomed out than on HDTV, so while you lose a bit of the animations, the game is much more easily playable.

We also made sure text was, as much as possible, totally readable. Tough to make everything perfect, but rest assured we spent time to make sure SDTV gamers didnt get totally poopered.

This is good to hear. Thanks for addressing my concerns!

Cromulent_Word said:

True! It's good that you had the opportunity to create the type of game that you yourself enjoy, that you'd want to sit down and play. I hope that the game turns out to be great, and that it's successful for you.

Agent X said:
I hope that the game turns out to be great, and that it's successful for you.
Thanks dude!

Tomorrow we'll be talking trophies (Kassatsu will be getting the full trophy list FIRST)... some goodies for you TROPHY WHORES.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Cromulent_Word said:

Hopfully you put in a 'screen size' option like the pixeljunk games and others (since I have a cheap HDTV with overscan).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Cromulent_Word said:
Tomorrow we'll be talking trophies (Kassatsu will be getting the full trophy list FIRST)... some goodies for you TROPHY WHORES.

Please tell me they aren't going to be Wipeout HD level of insanity to get.

deleted

Wohoo, only two more weeks to go :D

You´ll get my 7 $ and most likely several EUR more from my friends once they see the game.

El-Suave said:
Are any PS3 Themes planned for Critter Crunch down the line?
Yup - we should have one or 2 regular themes with launch, and we're hoping to have a well-priced Dynamic Theme as well.
TheSeks said:
Please tell me they aren't going to be Wipeout HD level of insanity to get.
Hells no. Those were too insane. "Worlds Greatest Dad" is pretty tough, since the risk of barfing into your son's mouth on later levels is super high... often it will take you 2 or 3 tries to fill him up. There are a couple other's that are pretty tough, but overall they shouldnt cause that much hair pulling/controler smashing.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Cromulent_Word said:
"Worlds Greatest Dad" is pretty tough, since the risk of barfing into your son's mouth on later levels is super high

Man, there's that so right/so wrong dichotomy again.

jax (old)

Banned
I didn't know this was comign to PSN. I just bought the game for the iphone about 4-5 days ago and while I enjoy it, I kept thinking the controls were stupid and fiddly and annoying and that a controllable (ds/psp) version would rock.

This is so much better. Let's hope the game is long though. I'm keen. 7 days you say. Mmmm. nice.

Crisis

Banned
Cromulent_Word said:
Yup - we should have one or 2 regular themes with launch, and we're hoping to have a well-priced Dynamic Theme as well.
Hells no. Those were too insane. "Worlds Greatest Dad" is pretty tough, since the risk of barfing into your son's mouth on later levels is super high... often it will take you 2 or 3 tries to fill him up. There are a couple other's that are pretty tough, but overall they shouldnt cause that much hair pulling/controler smashing.

You guys are really going all out for this game. It makes me feel good about purchasing it because I can tell that there's a ton of attention put into it.

Top Bottom