• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

DarkGreymore

Neo Member
Ogs said:
Anything neat about the box or is it just standard manual and disc ?

Barely a manual. Like a 4 page pamphlet and the disc that's it.

In the Xbox 360 box there was a 48 hours Code of Xbox Live Gold membership.

Didn't open the PC copy yet. But I expect more of the same.

NIN90

Ogs said:
Anything neat about the box or is it just standard manual and disc ?

Don't you remember the CoD4 box? It had a fucking 16 page manual, 8 pages of them being legal stuff. :lol

kuYuri

I'm upset cause already 4-5 people on my friends list already got the game early and I'm waiting on Amazon. But the $20 gift card is too good to pass up.

minx

divisionbyzorro said:
Okay, new question:

Can someone tell me the difference between the 4-streak "Care Package" and the 8-streak "Emergency Airdrop?"

Edit: And how long do sentry guns last?

Care package is 1 box. Emergency Airdrop is 4 boxes i think.

.nimrod

just finished the campain on regular, took me just over 6 hours and i loved it

so many awesome moments, will definately play that again but now it's time for some multiplayer :D

sk3tch

DarkGreymore said:
Didn't open the PC copy yet. But I expect more of the same.

Please let us know what you find out about the PC version - I know it is Steamworks but I am very interested to see if the disc is required. I am hoping you can just add it to your Steam account and be done with the disc/box...although if that is the case I wonder if you will be allowed to play early?

Thanks!

DarkGreymore

Neo Member
Cold-Steel said:
Canada-GAF: Anyone in the Vancouver area got this yet?

I know for a fact that the main distributor of Video games in Canada shipped out most of Activision's Stuff Thursday so most retailers SHOULD have in it stock by now.

Now if they will sell it early that's another story.

DarkGreymore

Neo Member
sk3tch said:
Please let us know what you find out about the PC version - I know it is Steamworks but I am very interested to see if the disc is required. I am hoping you can just add it to your Steam account and be done with the disc/box...although if that is the case I wonder if you will be allowed to play early?

Thanks!

Well the PC copy I have in hand is a european french game. Not too thrilled about trying it out, getting the english PC version only on Monday at this time.

Enosh

DarkGreymore said:
Even for SP? I guess I will find out soon enough.

yes the game is compleatly locked until steam activates it
well to be fair you weren't suposed to already get it :p

maybe valve will let the game activate sooner if enough people complain like they did with DoW2 when it broke street release date

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
DarkGreymore said:
Barely a manual. Like a 4 page pamphlet and the disc that's it.

I think barely a manual is being kind. It's the most minute detail and has no bearing on the game itself, but this informational pamphlet is the saddest manual I've ever seen. there's no design, just basic ass fonts. No pictures at all... except one grayed out screen that shows the HUD and is sad looking.

I think the intern made this thing.

DarkGreymore

Neo Member
Enosh said:
yes the game is compleatly locked until steam activates it
well to be fair you weren't suposed to already get it :p

maybe valve will let the game activate sooner if enough people complain like they did with DoW2 when it broke street release date

It's completely normal for me to have it early actually. We get most games early at least by a day for almost all releases except on the occasional title.

Now for me to PLAY it early is another story entierly. hehe.

I doubt they will activate it earlier. Activision isn't known for their compassion after all.

DarkGreymore

Neo Member
El_TigroX said:
I think barely a manual is being kind. It's the most minute detail and has no bearing on the game itself, but this informational pamphlet is the saddest manual I've ever seen. there's no design, just basic ass fonts. No pictures at all... except one grayed out screen that shows the HUD and is sad looking.

HAhaha. Yeah. I know what you mean.

The secretary made the manual for all we know.

Shinjiru

Solo said:
To you and me, perhaps (actually, SP is MUCH more important than MP to my gaming tastes), but evidently not to IW, who havent put together a campaign worth a damn since COD2.

Same here.
I don't give a shit about MP in Call of Duty or in any other game for that matter. SP is where it's at for me and it always will be. I enjoyed the SP in Modern Warfare (infinitely respawning enemies aside), so I am looking forward to having fun with the campaign in Modern Warfare 2 as well.

ALeperMessiah said:
Sandusky area. But alas, the place I was counting on is already sold out:( They said they'd have more tomorrow.

Anyone else from ohio know of a place...

What's up, man!
The only reliable place I know of in this area is probably the same place that you said is sold out. Might want to try Flashback. I haven't been there in years, though, but they are the only other m&p that I know of in this area.

El_TigroX said:

Pretty sure the COD4 'manual' was the same minimalist, money-saving crap.

Activision ftw.

DarkGreymore

Neo Member
Dax01 said:

I'm not saying the segments are bad, but there isn't really one mission where there's TONS of stealth. A few missions have small segments of stealth but none have what made "All Ghillied up" so great I find.

I'm glad some people seem to really be enjoying the SP.

I did enjoy it to a certain extent but it left a bland taste in my mouth compared to MW 1.

Maybe i'm just getting blaze and old. heh.

Just checked Kmart, no luck. They wouldnt even say if they had them in yet. Im gonna give the 7/11 down my block a shot later. I remember they sold Gears 2 about a week early there.

ALeperMessiah said:
Sandusky area. But alas, the place I was counting on is already sold out:( They said they'd have more tomorrow.

Anyone else from ohio know of a place...

Just called C&C in Fremont and they said they'd have some tomorrow (360).

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I haven't really been keeping up with this game, but please PLEASE PLEASE tell me Mayterdom is gone. Please say it is so.

stldave2

crawlingpeter said:
I called about a gazillion places around St. Louis and haven't been able to find a place, despite hearing up to three shops had broken street date. Harrumph

Few hours late, but what shops did you hear about? I was thinking about making a trip to Kmart in Ellisville to see if I could finagle something.

So for those who have gotten through the campaign, would you say that it's worth a purchase alone on that? Or just a rent? I couldn't care less about the multiplayer, but I did enjoy COD4's single player helping.

And why does street-dating still exist? Big-name games that utilize it always get sold early, and then it comes down to the haves and have-nots until release day. Once that happens, why not just tell the retailers to start selling? The street-date: a mystical bunch of bullshit.

surferkid

Banned
MyEpitomeCliché said:
So for those who have gotten through the campaign, would you say that it's worth a purchase alone on that? Or just a rent? I couldn't care less about the multiplayer, but I did enjoy COD4's single player helping.

And why does street-dating still exist? Big-name games that utilize it always get sold early, and then it comes down to the haves and have-nots until release day. Once that happens, why not just tell the retailers to start selling? The street-date: a mystical bunch of bullshit.

Marketing purposes mebbe?

Truant

Played a bit of single player, and except for the big controversial mission, I'm finding this game very dull. Graphics and framerate are pretty good, and the guns feel and sound incredible. I'm not, however, finding the gameplay very exciting. It's just a shooting gallery, with some nifty set pieces. Not my type of game, I guess. If you liked CoD 4, you'll love this.

feel

I've got this on preorder, but the MP on this game is not my type of thing, so it's really disappointing to read these SP impressions.
Short, shooting gallery, endless enemies are back, nothing that tops All Ghillied up (one of the best missions ever)... Still getting it and hoping everyone is exaggerating. :-/

Blader

Shame about some of these SP impressions.

I don't care about the MP at all (the only games I ever play with friends are Wii Sports and Rock Band/Guitar Hero), and much as I enjoyed MW1's campaign, I was also able to beat it in 3 days. If MW2's campaign is more of the same, I think I'll just rent it instead.

got2bekidding said:
No, doesn't look like it. It does have a headshots only option which would be interesting.
There should be a "wacky gametypes" playlist in all major online shooters. Though, if there were a "knives-only" playlist, I'm not sure if I'd play anything else.:lol

Eric WK

I'm really hoping they go through with resetting the ranks too. I've just been fucking around and trying to get a feel for the new pace. Hope they do it right around midnight Monday night. I should have single player and a good chunk of Spec Ops finished by then.

Dax01 said:
There should be a "wacky gametypes" playlist in all major online shooters. Though, if there were a "knives-only" playlist, I'm not sure if I'd play anything else.:lol
I would be there. Throwing knives are too fun, even in Assassin's Creed I'd always have to kill all the roof guards with them.

ZZMitch

Ugh, My Xbox 360 borked out RRoD style a few days ago and I am sending it in tomorrow... so i won't get it back for three weeks or so.

My new PS3, however, is still working fine and I was wondering how the PS3 version compares to the 360 version? Such as with the online differences between the two versions created by Xbox Live/PSN. I just got my first PS3 a few weeks ago so I am not sure how multiplatform games usually differ when it comes to online.

Another problem is I preordered the xbox 360 version at best buy... do you think I would be able to swap it for a PS3 version in store or is the demand for both versions just to great that I will have no shot? :D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Truant said:
Played a bit of single player, and except for the big controversial mission, I'm finding this game very dull. Graphics and framerate are pretty good, and the guns feel and sound incredible. I'm not, however, finding the gameplay very exciting. It's just a shooting gallery, with some nifty set pieces. Not my type of game, I guess. If you liked CoD 4, you'll love this.
So are you going to trade this one in before it's officially out too?

Zeliard

Truant said:

Is it still the same endless respawn bullshit too? Single-player gameplay in CoD has never evolved and I would expect nothing different here.

Top Bottom