• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It All Began With... Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep |OT|

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Seda said:
Here are some useful passive abilities to meld (in order of highest priority to lowest). Many of these are generally useful throughout the game.

Second Chance [Blizzara + Blizzara + Pulsing Crystal]
Once More [Fira + Fira + Wellspring Crystal

3x HP Boost [Fire + Fire + Soothing Crystal]
Leaf Bracer [Fire + Fire + Pulsing Crystal]
2x Dark Screen [Quick Blitz + Sliding Dash + Shimmering Crystal]
2x Fire Screen [Sliding Dash + Fire + Shimmering Crystal]

from the melding section of this guide
Thx, got it all, now I am curious if I can beat Terra's final boss ^^

Phenomic

Kingsora said:
Thx, got it all, now I am curious if I can beat Terra's final boss ^^

If you are high enough level 30+ Then yeah you are fine. I was having a hard time with him also went and got all these upgrades and the boss turned into a giant joke and one shot him. Just be good at blocking and you're golden.

Kingsora

Haha lol got him from the first time with those abilities :D

So I finished Terra at level 38 after playing 20 hours, so far one of the best games I played in the last years but
I have to admit that I am a little bit dissapointed in the ending of Terra, you only get a short cutscene but you have no idea what will happen after this ending with Terra or what has has happened with Ven and Aqua.

Yes, I know I will probably get the answers after finishing the game with Ven and Aqua, but waiting another 20 to 40 hours to get them is kinda frustrating =(

And hurray for SE to put a
theater
in the game ^^

Mr_Brit said:
I meant that they're not really new experiences as you're still visiting the same worlds and same characters just seeing it from a different viewpoint and in the end the ending is still exactly the same, isn't it?

Unless the ending to Aqua and Ven's stories suddenly showed Terra's ending for no reason, no.

Plus the boss fights and parts of the worlds they have access to are different in many cases.

Zierath

Seda said:
MF is quite annoying. Trying to beat with Aqua..... my favorite Seeker Mines aren't really useful....

I just used fire surge beat him, nothing else seemed to work as well for that fight.

Phenomic

Kingsora said:
Haha lol got him from the first time with those abilities :D

So I finished Terra at level 38 after playing 20 hours, so far one of the best games I played in the last years but
I have to admit that I am a little bit dissapointed in the ending of Terra, you only get a short cutscene but you have no idea what will happen after this ending with Terra or what has has happened with Ven and Aqua.

Yes, I know I will probably get the answers after finishing the game with Ven and Aqua, but waiting another 20 to 40 hours to get them is kinda frustrating =(

And hurray for SE to put a
theater
in the game ^^

This is why I'm glad I got everyone to the
Keyblade Graveyard
before attempting to learn what happens to each one individually. Should get around to finishing it the game up on Tuesday afternoon.

It might not be a 'useful' ability but I do love Exp Walker. If you are taking so many thousands of steps (not least to unlock more Finish Commands) might as well earn experience for them.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Fimbulvetr said:
You don't understand.

KH2's level design isn't just less platforming focused. It's entirely bland.

Hell I can say that about any aspect of KH2 other than the graphics and camera.
I'll take bland over KH1's terrible attempt at variety.
The stage design gets worse the further in you go.
At least, mercifully, the stages mostly get shorter.

Wonderland, Atlantica, Neverland, Deep Jungle, and the Colisseum are some of the worst ARPG stages I've ever played.

CoM was basically room after room of combat, and I preferred it!
At least the GBA version was like that.

Seda

Nose Master said:
Trying this on Proud. Wish me luck! (Is the secret movie worth trying for?)

If your playing on Proud, the secret movie is very easy to get. Just got to get all the Reports.

Kingsora

Die Squirrel Die said:
It might not be a 'useful' ability but I do love Exp Walker. If you are taking so many thousands of steps (not least to unlock more Finish Commands) might as well earn experience for them.
How do I get that ability?

Kingsora said:
How do I get that ability?

If I'm reading the melding table right -
Quick Blitz + Blizzara + Abounding Crystal

IIRC for the Abounding Crystal you need to kill
Mandrakes in Radiant Garden
, which opens up after the first 3 'main worlds' are completed.

Mejilan said:
I'll take bland over KH1's terrible attempt at variety.
The stage design gets worse the further in you go.
At least, mercifully, the stages mostly get shorter.

Wonderland, Atlantica, Neverland, Deep Jungle, and the Colisseum are some of the worst ARPG stages I've ever played.

CoM was basically room after room of combat, and I preferred it!
At least the GBA version was like that.

But the KH2 combat is terrible too. :p

Finished the Final Episode last night and unlocked the secret ending. I've got a question -

Can I generate another Final Episode save by beating the game again? I want to level up the character who plays in the Final Episode, earn extra keyblades and spells, et cetera, and I know that one keyblade earned by beating one of the optional bosses cannot actually be obtained DURING the Final Episode. I just want to be certain that another Final Episode save can be generated so I can beat all the sidequests and thus have all of the available keyblades going into the Final Episode.

Zierath

badcrumble said:
Finished the Final Episode last night and unlocked the secret ending. I've got a question -

Can I generate another Final Episode save by beating the game again?
Yes you can. Just beat it with any character.

badcrumble said:

Can I generate another Final Episode save by beating the game again? I want to level up the character who plays in the Final Episode, earn extra keyblades and spells, et cetera, and I know that one keyblade earned by beating one of the optional bosses cannot actually be obtained DURING the Final Episode. I just want to be certain that another Final Episode save can be generated so I can beat all the sidequests and thus have all of the available keyblades going into the Final Episode.

You talking 'bout
Mysterious Figure or Vanitas' Remnant
?

Aru

OMG

Is it actually possible to defeat
Zack, dark mode
without grinding a lot ? :/ I sure haven't found a way, for now.
His first attack is so powerful, I can just barely make it using the L+R attack mode :/ When he uses that attack again, I'm dead.

I'm playing on the 3rd difficulty mode. Must be Proud mode, judging by a few posts above (it's called Expert mode in french, if I'd translate it litterally).

Kingsora

Aru said:
OMG

Is it actually possible to defeat
Zack, dark mode
without grinding a lot ? :/ I sure haven't found a way, for now.
His first attack is so powerful, I can just barely make it using the L+R attack mode :/ When he uses that attack again, I'm dead.

I'm playing on the 3rd difficulty mode. Must be Proud mode, judging by a few posts above (it's called Expert mode in french, if I'd translate it litterally).
Grinding doesn't help, just use the ability with the L and R button, then you are invincible while he does that crazy attack

Kingsora

Btw the ability second chance will probably also help, never tried it before but I am quite sure that it works against him

Aru

Kingsora said:
Btw the ability second chance will probably also help, never tried it before but I am quite sure that it works against him

I don't have that command yet. I'll try to go get it. Thanks !

My order for the first Kingdom Hearts has shipped, I won't stop playing Birth By Sleep until it arrives though. I know I may sort of be spoiling the experience of the first game but Birth by Sleep is just too much fun to stop playing.

Well Terra vs Xenoheart is pretty hard. Xeno is kicking my ass, even with all my countering. Am I missing something? Any abilities I should have?

Kingsora

Rahxephon91 said:
Well Terra vs Xenoheart is pretty hard. Xeno is kicking my ass, even with all my countering. Am I missing something? Any abilities I should have?
Look at the first post of this page, when you have that, the fight is quite easy

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
jaundicejuice said:
My order for the first Kingdom Hearts has shipped, I won't stop playing Birth By Sleep until it arrives though. I know I may sort of be spoiling the experience of the first game but Birth by Sleep is just too much fun to stop playing.
You may be in for a rough transition.

Nose Master

Proud mode isn't bad so far.
Cinderella Musician
was a joke. The only problem I've had is with the first boss in Terra's story, and that's cause I didn't have Cure without D-Linking with Aqua :lol

Aru

Nose Master said:
Proud mode isn't bad so far.
Cinderella Musician
was a joke. The only problem I've had is with the first boss in Terra's story, and that's cause I didn't have Cure without D-Linking with Aqua :lol

Yeah, I had problems with him too.
And
Braig. After beating him, I pretty much understood that Xigbar is his Nobody (right-eye lost, weapons, and even his face is similar). Also, his name. Xigbar without the X gives Braig if we mix up the letters.

Kingsora

jaundicejuice said:
So I really should just stop playing Birth By Sleep then, save it for after I'm done KH1 and 2.
I don't see why? You will see the references to BBS while playin KH1/KH2 and we see the references to KH1/KH2 while playing BBS, it's all the same.

Gameplay wise KH1 is a big step back though, the KH2 gameplay still feels fine

Phenomic

jaundicejuice said:
So I really should just stop playing Birth By Sleep then, save it for after I'm done KH1 and 2.

I mean it really won't matter. Only thing we're trying to imply is that you will notice a de-evolution of sorts, but that should be expected. As with anything they took the formula for KH1 and made it better in KH2. They took that formula from KH2 and made it better in Birth By Sleep so to speak.

Seda

Aru said:
Yeah, I had problems with him too.
And
Braig. After beating him, I pretty much understood that Xigbar is his Nobody (right-eye lost, weapons, and even his face is similar). Also, his name. Xigbar without the X gives Braig if we mix up the letters.

I think it's really cool that
Xigbar references Terra, Aqua, and Ven
in KH2.

"You don't look like you're half the hero the others were."

Seda said:
I think it's really cool that
Xigbar references Terra, Aqua, and Ven
in KH2.

"You don't look like you're half the hero the others were."

I like how Braig makes fun of the series plot and says weird things like "deep-sixing".

Got this today. :D Is there a proper order to play through the characters? It seems like the common order in guides is Terra -> Ventus -> Aqua.

ninj4junpei said:
Got this today. :D Is there a proper order to play through the characters? It seems like the common order in guides is Terra -> Ventus -> Aqua.
Ventus -> Terra -> Aqua would also be acceptable when it comes to the "main" plot, but generally speaking Terra's the one who shows up first to each of the Disney worlds so he really ought to be played first.

Also, I've changed my mind about Chaos Blade. It does such piddling damage per hit, fuck that move. Aqua and Ventus are SO much more powerful than Terra, it's not even funny.

badcrumble said:
Ventus -> Terra -> Aqua would also be acceptable when it comes to the "main" plot, but generally speaking Terra's the one who shows up first to each of the Disney worlds so he really ought to be played first.
Okay, thanks. I wanted to play as Aqua first, but I'm a stickler for doing things in the proper order.

Edit: I really wish there was a way to use a Dualshock 3 with a PSP-3000. :(

Also the voice actor for Terra is pretty crappy. :\

Top Bottom