• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX: Deadly Descents - 2011 - Trailer - [Update: Website & Description]

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-ssx-deadly/708355

// Mod Edit

EA said:
SSX Deadly Descents Game Info

Redefining the SSX franchise, SSX: Deadly Descents will pit riders versus both mountain and man. Players will explore the story of a team who seek to be the first to descend the faces of the most treacherous mountain ranges on the planet. The team will travel the world to face the worst that Mother Nature can throw at them. From the peaks of the Himalayas, where the air is so thin that riders have to descend through the death zone at breakneck speeds to keep from blacking out, to the solid ice ranges of Antarctica, where a sunlit line is the only survival option when temperatures drop 50 degrees centigrade in the shade. And the mountain isn’t the only danger players will face. In SSX: Deadly Descents the first goal is to survive. The second, in true SSX fashion, is to look good doing it.

* Studio: EA Canada
* Genres: Sports
ice_scrape_16_9b5lh.jpg

ssx-deadlydescents-sliyu3e.jpg

ssxdd-screenshot-helicguqt.jpg

Never been the biggest SSX fan, I only played Tricky, but the thing I loved in that game were the vibrant colours.

So uh... yeah. That seems to be gone. :lol Who the fuck wants a "mature" snowboarding game?

Empty

ssx turned from a game full of personality, ridiculous characters, colourful tracks, techno and a wonderful 90s vibe into a dudebro game. for shame ea.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
"nothing is more bone chilling than reality"

"featuring real world mountain ranges"

just fuck my life.

Not getting a whole lot from the trailer, but the idea of shredding down Himalayan mountain ranges is mighty appealing. Fuck color, I guess SSX3 will be the end of that.

Forsete

Gold Member
COD syndrome is everywhere. Everything has to be bad ass to the max to keep the ADHD generation satisfied.

SSX is dead to me.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Been looking forward to a new SSX for years (On Tour and Blur don't fucking count) and that trailer just rubs me the wrong way. The logo is enough to tell what road they're taking with this one.

I like how we had an entire long thread of enthusiastic SSX fans talking about what they would want to see in a well-made, respectful reboot of SSX and this game carefully goes through that list and urinates in the mouths of each and every one of them. :lol

Darkly lit room

*Closeup of a hand smoking a cigarette*

GRAVEL VOICED NARRATOR: Earth has changed. War. Pollution. Disease. Only the mountains are left.

*Fast cuts of snowboarding commandos*

GRAVEL VOICED NARRATOR: The mountains hold our last hope. And we can only hold the mountains if they help us.

*blinking cuts of S.S.X. Elite Combat Unit gearing up*

GRAVEL VOICED NARRATOR: These slopes... must. not. fall.

SSX: DEADLY DESCENTS

Syril

What the fuck? This doesn't look like SSX. It looks like one of those action movies with inappropriate sports themes shoehorned in.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'll reserve some faith that it could still be a good snowboarding game on its own, but it's not really SSX.

Wow at all you guys wigging out.

The teaser was shit, but until I see the gameplay I'm not going to write it off. It definitely seems they're going in a more serious direction with this one which is unfortunate, but if the gameplay remains as good or better as SSX1-3 then I'm still sold. I can't really start bugging out over a teaser.

Teknoman

How was the SSX trailer gritty or realistic? Dark colors sure, but the guy drifted with a snowboard using an icepick, then jumped off a cliff and started using one of those wind suits.

That is not serious. Its not as colorful as the past games, but it still seems just as "extreme". Probably keeping the road rash elements of punching people on the slopes.

So basically, you use the wingsuit to survive certain falls, and perhaps navigate a bit down the mountain? That's hot.

And you clownfuckers don't actually think that you're on a war mission? I'm betting it's just a dramatic opening of a race.

Replicant

WTF? They're trying to make SSX cool. But SSX wasn't concerned with being cool. It was about being fun and ridiculous. This....I don't even.....

Teknoman said:
How was the SSX trailer gritty or realistic? Dark colors sure, but the guy drifted with a snowboard using an icepick, then jumped off a cliff and started using one of those wind suits.

That is not serious. Its not as colorful as the past games, but it still seems just as "extreme". Probably keeping the road rash elements of punching people on the slopes.

There still wasn't even a hint of what made SSX, SSX in that trailer though.

Amir0x

Banned
man i don't know why they think flying 1000 feet through the air while doing absurd tricks underneath a giant neon blimp to land in a pinball slope is somehow less appealing then THIS IS SO SERIOUS SNOWBOARDING 11

starchild excalibur said:
Wow at all you guys wigging out.

The teaser was shit, but until I see the gameplay I'm not going to write it off. It definitely seems they're going in a more serious direction with this one which is unfortunate, but if the gameplay remains as good or better as SSX1-3 then I'm still sold. I can't really start bugging out over a teaser.

This

GAFers are seriously too obsessed with the whole dudebro thing. That did not look like bloody serious, taliban-fighting stuff, if that's what you get out of it then you're damaged goods.

Amir0x said:
man i don't know why they think flying 1000 feet through the air while doing absurd tricks underneath a giant neon blimp to land in a pinball slope is somehow less appealing then THIS IS SO SERIOUS SNOWBOARDING 11

That's been done. This hasn't. Bunch of conservatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom