• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX: Deadly Descents - 2011 - Trailer - [Update: Website & Description]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
In a world where massive crop failures and zombie attacks have devastated all we know...in a world where a massive plague has killed off all women and men are forced to snowboard to impress the few remaining hot babes left on Earth....in a world where John Riccitiello was able to spend millions of shareholder dollars on a company he owned two days prior....

...there can only be ONE SNOWBOARD CHAMPION

*heavy metal*

Teknoman

Replicant said:
WTF? They're trying to make SSX cool. But SSX wasn't concerned with being cool. It was about being fun and ridiculous. This....I don't even.....

If drifting with an ice pick, then detaching your snowboard and gliding down a mountain for a shortcut isnt ridiculous or fun sounding...

Whatever respect I had for EA is gone. Fuck this shit. It's like the trend of "GRITTY REALISM EXPLOSIONS AND DANGER!" extends to all genres this gen.

starchild excalibur said:
It definitely seems they're going in a more serious direction with this one which is unfortunate, but if the gameplay remains as good or better as SSX1-3 then I'm still sold.

Well, I'm certain that with the nuanced understanding of SSX's original appeal on display here, they'll definitely get the subtleties of the gameplay right.

celebi23

Ryu Hayabusa said:
319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

RIP SSX :(

sn00zer

lightless_shado said:
Whatever respect I had for EA is gone. Fuck this shit. It's like the trend of "GRITTY REALISM EXPLOSIONS AND DANGER!" extends to all genres.
-_-...and now begins the rants and over reactions

Teknoman

Net_Wrecker said:
There still wasn't even a hint of what made SSX, SSX in that trailer though.

True, but Need for Speed Hot Pursuit really isnt anything like the classic, yet it looks great and is tons of fun. Lots of people complained about Burnout in their NFS when the first real trailer for the new NFS:HP hit.

Now go check out the OT. Concerns are warranted, but i dunno if people should go overboard with the whole "serious business" thing, just because the colors were darker and it was in the middle of a blizzard.

OK, now I caught the full trailer from start to finish.

Hints of 6 mountains?

But yeah, I don't know if I'm as hyped as I should be.

DominoKid

a proper next-gen SSX finally. i fux w/ that.

but yall would complain about it just cause its not colorful, or techno'd out or whatever.

as long as its an awesome epic snowboarding game i couldnt care less if its like the SSX of old.

lightless_shado said:
Whatever respect I had for EA is gone. Fuck this shit. It's like the trend of "GRITTY REALISM EXPLOSIONS AND DANGER!" extends to all genres this gen.

There was nothing really gritty, realistic or explosive about the teaser though. And SSX has always had danger - the last peak in SSX 3 looked just like the one featured in this teaser - darker colors, falling sheets of ice, crazy wind. The only way this teaser differs from it is the pilot, the music and the wingflaps. The mountain itself is the same.

I'm not saying that it can't end up sucking, but a few of you are really going crazy over a teaser that shows no real gameplay.

charlequin said:
Well, I'm certain that with the nuanced understanding of SSX's original appeal on display here, they'll definitely get the subtleties of the gameplay right.

IMO the key thing missing in the trailer is the lightheartedness. The old SSXs always had crazy, dangerous mountains and extreme drops.

Teknoman said:
If drifting with an ice pick, then detaching your snowboard and gliding down a mountain for a shortcut isnt ridiculous or fun sounding...

Haven't you heard, it's all realistic and serious now, war and whatnot. Also it's shit, and EA should die for it.

I read it here.

kylej

Banned
This is without a doubt the worst thing I have seen all generation. What the fuck are you thinking EA. Hilarious.

Donos

I already can see the dialogues while boarding. Instead of the annoying dj we get:

DJ Ghost: Go and do Backflip on Alpha Charlie Eco. But stay frosty. Do you copy?

Snowslide Down, snowslide down. Taking snowballs, need assistance. Cover me, im grinding in....

Lijik

My jaw was dropped for the majority of that teaser, and then found a way to drop even more when the guy pulled out that wingsuit at the end

Shockingly awful all around.

Teknoman

starchild excalibur said:
There was nothing really gritty, realistic or explosive about the teaser though. And SSX has always had danger - the last peak in SSX 3 looked just like the one featured in this teaser - darker colors, falling sheets of ice, crazy wind. The only way this teaser differs from it is the pilot, the music and the wingflaps. The mountain itself is the same.

I'm not saying that it can't end up sucking, but a few of you are really going crazy over a teaser that shows no real gameplay.

DominoKid said:
a proper next-gen SSX finally. i fux w/ that.

but yall would complain about it just cause its not colorful, or techno'd out or whatever.

as long as its an awesome epic snowboarding game i couldnt care less if its like the SSX of old.

16gzouu.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
lightless_shado said:

Really, though, as much as I'm against this, you can't blame EA. These are the games that sell millions.

And I hate it.

PasteyMF

Go back to the drawing board EA. This looks horrible. Give us the rainbow palette instead of this black, white and red garbage.

Teknoman

WEGGLES said:
How is it over reacting?

SSX was crazy colourful and over the top in all ways.

This seems nothing like it...

Minus the colors at in that point during the trailer, but everything was pretty over the top.

WEGGLES said:
How is it over reacting?

SSX was crazy colourful and over the top in all ways.

This seems nothing like it...

You're a hardfarting dude that is being airdropped from a chopper into a fucking snowboarding run in the god damned Himalayas. You deal with problems with a fucking wingsuit.

How in Satan's asshole is that not over the top?

DaBuddaDa

This is so gritty and realistic that people thought this teaser was going to be for Battlefield 3 :lol

AltogetherAndrews said:
You're a hardfarting dude that is being airdropped from a chopper into a fucking snowboarding run in the god damned Himalayas. You deal with problems with a fucking wingsuit.

There is no sense of fun or joy, no color, no character, just generic, faceless "go go go go ooah!" dudebro shit.

DMczaf

AltogetherAndrews said:

Because it doesn't have colors! COLORS!!!1111

Foffy

Banned
As a fan of the Tom Clancy franchise, this will be a day one purchase.

I have never played an SSX title before, but this looks nothing like the one for the PS2 I remember seeing in a manual. SSX Tricky or something? What's with all of these franchises getting radical departures yet claiming to be familiar to current fans?

And I hope nobody honestly falls for me thinking this is a Tom Clancy game.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Forsete said:
COD syndrome is everywhere. Everything has to be bad ass to the max to keep the ADHD generation satisfied.

SSX is dead to me.

lol I was thinking this, next screenshot will be First person view of you going donw the mountain side and popping a few enemy gaurds so the rest of your extreme team are safe to descend

X26

Banned
worst reboot ever, fucking EA

all you had to do was make a next-version of tricky, this shit is fucking stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom