• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Pokémon Is 15 Years Old Today

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
pho_main.jpg

February 15, 1996. Never knew it took over two years before coming to the states.

Time To Feel Old

StuBurns

Banned
Cool, I've never played the original ones, our Red/Blue games were versions of the Japanese Blue version which was improved from the Red and Green games in Japan.

Orayn

StuBurns said:
Cool, I've never played the original ones, our Red/Blue games were versions of the Japanese Blue version which was improved from the Red and Green games in Japan.
Having poured a few hours into a ROM of the original Red, I can honestly say you're not missing much. Blue had a handful of bugfixes, a few improvements to the music/sound effects, and better looking sprites for all the 'Mons.

Gravijah

PokéKong said:
Does this mean we can have an art thread?

http://i52.tinypic.com/jq2crq.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

OH GOD NO WHYYYYY

[QUOTE=EmCeeGramr]this is a garbage opinion for babies[/QUOTE]

he is pink man you don't know shit about that

MisterHero

I still remember the first time I saw someone playing it in middle school music class. They were trying to beat Snorlax. I didn't have the game right away but I realized that a few of them appeared in Gameboy Camera (my favorite game at the time).

Good times.

EmCeeGramr said:
Scyther is still the coolest.
Nah, it was Magmar then Scyther

but now it's Blaziken >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every Pokemanz ever

survivor

Banned
Oh man I remember the first time I watched the Pokemon Rap song. Took me weeks to try and memorize it.

Oh and Rhyperior/Magnezone for life.

Gravijah

you know who else is really cool? mew.

'cuz he's a cat fetus and nothing is more snuggly than a cat fetus! SO CUUUUUUUTE!

Oreoleo

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
Psyduck fo' life.

Dude, yes. I could never be bothered to catch one of the Abra's so early in the game, so Psyduck was always my go-to psychic Pokemon in Red/Blue.

I am also fond of Arcanine.

Izayoi

Banned
Too bad Black and White are still over a week away.

Ah well, happy birthday Pokemon. Maybe I should bust out my old copy of Blue.

Call me when it's the 15th anniversary of Gen III.

Tonedeff

I played Red to death on my first Gameboy Color. In fact, it's the earliest gaming experience I can remember clearly.

Also, Charizard for life.

What blows is a friend of mine lost my original copy of Red a few years ago. So like back in 2006 I bought a copy on Amazon for like $20 and it was still sealed. :D

Huff

Banned
My time playing pokemon games has to just dwarf the amount of time spend playing other games since the pokemon phenomenon started.

And Arcanine is the badass pokemon

MisterHero said:
Nah, it was Magmar then Scyther

but now it's Blaziken >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every Pokemanz ever
magmar had a butt on its head and blaziken looks like a red wookie with a stupid bird face

MisterHero

Gravijah said:
you know who else is really cool? mew.

'cuz he's a cat fetus and nothing is more snuggly than a cat fetus! SO CUUUUUUUTE!
I used to think Mew looked like a gerboa.

9jf6u1.jpg

besides cats are evil. that's why Arcanine is a dog with tiger stripes

MisterHero

EmCeeGramr said:
magmar had a butt on its head and blaziken looks like a red wookie with a stupid bird face
you kno wat dood maybe digimon is more ur sp33d

Gravijah said:
yeah but the 3 legendary beasts are cats

what now
lugia killed them all with aeroblast, that's what

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Pokemon was boss back in the day. Playing on the old gameboy. Rock Tunnel was not fun without flash. Had to tilt the gameboy trying to see the lines of the level.

KJTB

And yet I still love it :D

makes me feel so old though, I can remember watching pokemon and playing blue version in like the 3rd gradehahaha

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
15 years of listening to you kids go on about this crazy shit ;)

(I was only 14 when it came to the west in 1998, but I was a little too old to be into the kiddy phenomenon, and too young to be an adult RPG nerd with no shame)

Top Bottom