• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Pokémon Is 15 Years Old Today

Gravijah

EmCeeGramr said:
boy i sure do love terrible starters, a terrible rival, terrible teams, terrible designs, a region covered in water, and fucking hm08 dive

1) water is awesome

2) dive is awesome

3) starters are cool well except for the fire starter, but the fire starter is always shit

4) IT IS AWESOME AND U SUCK

Dugtrio is godly!!!

downloader.php

MisterHero

Gravijah said:
1) water is awesome

2) dive is awesome

3) starters are cool well except for the fire starter, but the fire starter is always shit

4) IT IS AWESOME AND U SUCK
I beat the entire 100 battle mountain in Pokemon Colosseum with Blaziken

UR SO WRONG

Neiteio

I've always been partial to Gloom and Duskull, personally. Cofagrigus in BW is one of the greatest Pokemon ever, though.

300px-563Cofagrigus.png

kai3345

Banned
So the Silver-Gold gen was everyones favorite gen at my school. It was new, but at the same time classic.

So when SoulSilver came out it was amazing, everyone at my high school came together to re-experience their favorite Pokemon game again. And I mean everyone. Jocks, nerds, chicks, goths. I hadnd't played a Pokemon game since the OG Silver and I picked up a DS specifically for the game. People talked about their party setups during class, people were tading and battling during passing periods. You think I'm exaggerating but I'm not. Everyone put aside their differences for that year because of fucking Pokemon. It was great.

loved the original games (red and blue) very much and I put so much time into it that it's actually kinda scary now that I think about it.

Fast forward today it makes me incredibly sad that the game(as of heart gold/silver) is pretty much more or less the same thing that I played 15 years ago.

Manus

Emerald will always be the most jam-packed game. It had so much to do once you beat the Elite Four. I'm very salty my save file got erased. :[

So that this has a bit more use, maybe we should take about where the series is going?

Like with the art. I really think GF is trying to get people use to the idea of 3D modeled Pokemon for the future games. Thats what I feel when looking that the new opener along with the new movie where it seems the legendary stars are 3D models.

And I think it works. The new opener looks like its true to the art style, most so then most of the console games. I could see GF hiring a studio to make the models and animations for the next game thats gonna be on the 3DS.

Oh, and cute Pikachu!

rf8xB.jpg

Izayoi

Banned
SquirrelNuckle said:
Emerald will always be the most jam-packed game. It had so much to do once you beat the Elite Four. I'm very salty my save file got erased. :[
Start a new game! How did it get erased?

1269226780597q7n1.jpg

Neiteio

Kraftwerk said:
Thank you for the link! :)

Also, I wasn't a fan of Gen 3's region (too much surfing), but I sure loved the sheer variety of Pokemon it brought to the fold. More Dark-types, Steel-types, Ghost-types, Dragon-types, etc, not to mention the great split-evo Wurmple line, the Ninjask/Shedinja dynamic, Ludicolo and Shiftry, the Regis, Rayquaza, etc, etc. Really solid stuff. The starters weren't the most imaginative, though.

Gravijah

DrForester said:
Least the Gen 3 starters weren't as ugly as Gen 2.

Gen 2 starters are so shitty.

Izayoi said:
Yup.

That doesn't mean I don't get to pick favorites, though.

Yeah, well...

Blue/Silver/Sapphire/Pearl

Think I'm gonna "main" black, too... I like the the legendary.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Pokemon Emerald was. the. best. So jam packed with stuff. I had played Sapphire, and I got the Emerald special edition with tin and guide for my birthday one year. Godamn that game was awesome.

I'm pretty meh on D/P/Pt. They weren't bad or anything, but they're definitely my least favorite games in the series.

Acrylic7

cant top 1st gen. ever.
I wanna beeeeeeeeeeeeee the very besssstaah, like no one eva wazzz.
*don don don dunh*
To catch them is my real tessstah
To train them is my cuaaaaase.
*don don don!*

Wichu

This is my favourite source for fanarts of individual Pokémon. A consistent (and very nice-looking) style, faithful interpretations, and best of all, each Pokémon is depicted performing a move it can learn (from signature moves like Blastoise's Hydro Cannon to plain weird ones like Lombre's Fling or Lileep's Natural Gift).

Also, Blue/Gold/Sapphire/Pearl/White > Red/Silver/Ruby/Diamond/Black. But 3rd versions > all.

EDIT: Example:
484.jpg

Sadist

Gold/Silver (HeartGold and SoulSilver) >>> Red/Blue/Yellow (Leafgreen/FireRed) >>> Diamond/Pearl/Platinum >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Saphire/Ruby/Emerald

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Acrylic7 said:
cant top 1st gen. ever.
I wanna beeeeeeeeeeeeee the very besssstaah, like no one eva wazzz.
*don don don dunh*
To catch them is my real tessstah
To train them is my cuaaaaase.
*don don don!*
Nah brah

Everybody wants to be a master. Everybody wants to show their skills.
Everybody wants to get there faster. Make their way to the top of the hill.
Each time you try, gonna get a just little bit better. Each step you climb is one more step up the ladder.

Its a whole world we live in. Du du du du du du, its a whole new place to see!

Izayoi

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Pokemon Emerald was. the. best. So jam packed with stuff. I had played Sapphire, and I got the Emerald special edition with tin and guide for my birthday one year. Godamn that game was awesome.
Fuck yeah.

1266819343736r7rp.jpg

1266820413386i7o5.png

The_Technomancer said:
Nah brah

Each time you try, gonna get a just little bit better. Each step you climb is one more step up the ladder.

Born to be a win-ner
JOHTO
Born to be a cham-pi-on

Izayoi

Banned
Sadist said:
Gold/Silver (HeartGold and SoulSilver) >>> Red/Blue/Yellow (Leafgreen/FireRed) >>> Diamond/Pearl/Platinum >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Saphire/Ruby/Emerald
Hey there, anti-taste.

1269234874368y7h6.jpg

Orayn

The nostalgia is out in force in this thread, but it's the good kind. Y'know, the kind that doesn't ignore the fact that there have been HUGE mechanical improvements to the series, even if they can't name all the Pokemon in a single breath any more.

ryan-ts

The_Technomancer said:
Pokemon Emerald was. the. best. So jam packed with stuff
It was? I can't remember there being that much stuff, unless you're talking about the battle frontier which I didn't care for.

Look at this mother fucker, just look at him!
how-to-draw-articuno.jpg

It so elegant he looks like he is wearing a fucking invisible tuxedo!

The_Technomancer said:
Gardevoir and Gallade rock the house, and ya alls know it.
WABUI.png

I remember seeing a poster of all the Gen3 before getting the game and looking at Gardevoir and saying, that one is going to be in my team. That and fucking awesome biggest motherfucker on earth. WAILORD!!!!

Satch

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Nah brah

Only PKMN theme song that matters.

Top Bottom