• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Pokémon Is 15 Years Old Today

Izayoi

Banned
Best Generation I gym leader reporting in.

1266727183574mojj.png

Also this, because it's cute.

1270366675083ps2i.jpg

KJTB

smokeymicpot said:
Pokemon was boss back in the day. Playing on the old gameboy. Rock Tunnel was not fun without flash. Had to tilt the gameboy trying to see the lines of the level.

I played the original blue version so many times that I was able to go through all of the dark tunnels without the use of flash >_>

Anth0ny

Fuck yeah Pokemon. RBY is in my top 5 for greatest games ever.

Been a fan for 15 years, and hyped as hell for Black/White. Feels good bro.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
One of my favorite games ever. Easily my favorite RPG as well.

btkadams

Yeah, this is easily my favourite franchise of all time. It had everything. Being a kid when this came out made it so awesome. The trading cards, television show, and the games just made it so dope ha. I remember getting my first game boy (gameboy pocket) and blue. It was the coolest shit ever. Though, I remember being bummed about the gameboy not being backlit or in colour like my game gear.

Dipindots said:
I played the original blue version so many times that I was able to go through all of the dark tunnels without the use of flash >_>
haha same! i did this with gold/silver too.

Black-Wind said:
Yep, art time ...
LoZ can do it then we can!
Hahaha, I know you've been chomping at the bit. : P
Enjoy it!

Love this series so much. I took a big break from it after being too obsessed with the early 151/blue/pokesnap and all that, but I got back into it when Diamond came out. Still an awesome game, and still really enjoyable.

Dam 15 years and all I have to show is this awesome collection of Pokemon, I kid. I only played red and yellow a lot (had 6 Mewtwos). Lost interest in the new games, very similar to the original.

Pikachu and Charmander <3

Quadrangulum said:
For better or for worse, this is what made me a video gamer.
Same for me but more as a handheld gamer, the 3DS is the first time I haven't gotten a handheld because Pokemon is on it. I use to always wait for the new Pokemon before getting the system.

Hell, I'm kinda doing it with the 3DS seeing as my DS phat is broken and I have to have something to play BW on.

MisterHero

PKrockin said:
I can still remember most of the PokeRap... wow.

"WE? WHAT'S ALL THIS 'WE' STUFF? I'M DOIN' ALL THE HARD WORK!"
Electrode Diglett Nidoran Mankey
Venusaur Ratatta Fearow Pidgey

Seaking Dragonite --AW GODDAMIT

YoungHav

Banned
Played Pokemon for a total of 15min it seems. Ash was in a village and I think I got squirtle first. Was more into Squaresoft.

Snuggler said:
not enough chansey love in this thread

She needs to want it. Fucking 5% capture rate, come the fuck on. I HIT YOU WITH A ROCK, GET IN THE FUCKING BALL

YoungHav said:
Played Pokemon for a total of 15min it seems. Ash was in a village and I think I got squirtle first. Was more into Squaresoft.

So was everyone until Pokemon

woolley

Pokemon Blue has to be one of my favorite games of all time. I love playing with Blastoise and using the Missing No. and Mew glitches in the game.

If I wasn't so lazy I would try and find it so I can play it again.

Reno7728

I still never forgive my young self for trading away my charizard card. Zapados was cool but it just wasn't the same :(

Izayoi

Banned
Green Scar said:
http://i.imgur.com/4NsrS.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
It is, though.

Cubone and Marowak were originally supposed to evolve into Kangaskhan.

[QUOTE=YoungHav]Played Pokemon for a total of 15min it seems. Ash was in a village and I think I got squirtle first. Was more into Squaresoft.[/QUOTE]
Black and White are coming out in a few days.

There is still time to find out what you've been missing.

Manus

I always remember asking myself as a kid why the Nurse Joy's in the Pokecenter would always say "Hope to see you again." Did she want my Pokemon to faint so I had to come back? I was always so confused.

Delio

15 years man i remember seeing the old commercial with the bus driver collecting the pokemon and smashing them into the gamecase. Fun times.

Boney said:
oh yeah i forget he's crazy

and how in hell are people saying gen 3 is the best
boy i sure do love terrible starters, a terrible rival, terrible teams, terrible designs, a region covered in water, and fucking hm08 dive

Izayoi said:
It is, though.

Cubone and Marowak were originally supposed to evolve into Kangaskhan.

pretty sure this was totally debunked

now venonat -> butterfree, that's the kicker

Top Bottom