• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Rewards Thread: Ready to Reap the Rewards?

Mengetsu

Welcome to the Xbox Live Rewards Program Thread. In here we will discuss or share any current deals that Xbox owners can get being a part of XBL Rewards.

What Is Xbox Live Rewards?

Xbox Live Rewards is a Microsoft program that started on December 1, 2010 that is designed to give both casual and hardcore players incentives to play games on the Xbox 360. This works by giving the gamers Microsoft Points if they buy or renew their Xbox Live Gold membership, buy special products in the Xbox Live Marketplace on Xbox Live, do specific things like use Netflix for the first time, or take a quick survey on the Rewards website. The program is expected to end June 30, 2012.

How Do I Join?

You can go too Rewards.xbox.com and sign up.
In order to register with the program the participant has to have access to an Xbox 360, have a valid Windows Live ID, and sign up for the program on its website.

What does being in the rewards program offer?

Every month Rewards offers members ways to earn Microsoft Points to use on Xbox Live for Arcade Games, Zune Pass and anything related to the points network.

You can also get MS Points for renewing your XBox Live Gold and taking surveys. Here's the Breakdown

That's about the jist of it. For more information go to http://rewards.xbox.com/program/

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I hardly get jack from this program. I wasn't even lucky enough to get in on that glitch a few months ago.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Take a survey, get the equivalent of 25 cents.

Decent idea, but really lackluster "rewards".

Nelo Ice

Banned
I've earned 820 pts so far and if only I had known to spend the random pts deposited into my account before they were taken back.

pa22word

Do these work for Games for Windows Live members? Off the Record has DLC incoming, and if I could get them slightly discounted by taking a survey each month that'd be pretty swell.

fernoca

Good to see an official thread of sorts...finally. :p
Mine was, to some extent; since back then detalils were relatively scarce. So people keep updating for some time.

The rewards haven't been really exciting lately though.

Danielsan

I have 1100 points in my account. I could use the extra 100 points. Sadly this is yet another Xbox live "feature" that isn't available in my country.

Mengetsu

pa22word said:
Do these work for Games for Windows Live members? Off the Record has DLC incoming, and if I could get them slightly discounted by taking a survey each month that'd be pretty swell.

Sadly no.

Do Games for Windows - LIVE Marketplace purchases qualify for the Xbox LIVE Rewards program?
A. Unfortunately, at this time, Games for Windows - LIVE Marketplace purchases do not count towards the Xbox LIVE Rewards program.

http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/

Edit:
fernoca said:
Good to see an official thread of sorts...finally. :p
Mine was, to some extent; since back then detalils were relatively scarce. So people keep updating for some time.

The rewards haven't been really exciting lately though.

Agreed. The refer a friend is the best deal this month. I would hope some people here would share their tags if there going too renew their gold this month. And yea it was kinda weird not to see a true thread for it besides yours although I could see why when they don't really reward much lol still nice to have none the less.

Kajiba

I think i earn around 620 points since the last time I check. I think the program is pretty cool for what it is. The only thing I'm waiting for is people who been with the xbox live for a long time should get something. Hope they do this soon for us.

Sean

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
Take a survey, get the equivalent of 25 cents.

Decent idea, but really lackluster "rewards".

Normally I would agree, but the surveys are literally like two questions that can be completed in just a few seconds.

I just joined this last month and have 220 MSP from it, that's more than halfway to an XBLA game.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
So far I've only gotten like 160 points. I don't think I even got the points I was promised for activating Netflix

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've gotten a few hundred out of this, considering I'm not really tying anything that's good enough for me. I also took full advantage of that glitch a few months ago when it gave me 1400 points. Please mess up again, thank you.

mrfolego

Banned
w82rz6.png

I never beat CoD4 yet and I only played multiplayer in MW2 more than a year ago

What does this do? Can I give it to a friend?

edit: doh
*This is a code(s) valid for the named recipient of this e-mail in the United States (including District of Columbia), United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Australia, and New Zealand. Code(s) are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash

Mengetsu

mrfolego said:
w82rz6.png

I never beat CoD4 yet and I only played multiplayer in MW2 more than a year ago

What does this do? Can I give it to a friend?

edit: doh
*This is a code(s) valid for the named recipient of this e-mail in the United States (including District of Columbia), United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Australia, and New Zealand. Code(s) are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash

Odd iv beaten every COD game to date and on veteran to boot and i haven't seen this email.

*Shakes fist*

fernoca

Someone mentioned in the MW3 thread that it's stuff for your avatar. If it's like other codes they send to the email (like the avatar-controllers), the codes can be given to anyone.

Flunkie

Banned
Yeah, it's an avatar hat, avatar shirt, and wallpapers.

mw3_banner_avatar.jpg

mw3_banner_merchandise.jpg

..if you spend 400 points (hat) and 800 points (shirt) in the Marketplace!

Woo.

abracadaver

Love this program

I registered 3 or 4 months ago

My prices so far:

60 points for surveys
200 points for renewing gold
1 month xbox live gold
400 points for being a longtime member
Also got the call of duty code

Whats there not to like ? It takes 30 seconds to register

xbhaskarx

The rewards suck... take a survey for 20 points? This program would only work if you were so poor that you had no business owning a 360, buying video games, and paying for XBL in the first place.

Edit:

TOTAL REWARDS POINTS EARNED
Xbox LIVE Rewards Member since Dec 2 2010

1360? I didn't even notice it, but if I got 1360 for doing what I would normally do, I guess it's not so bad after all...

The survey is 3 questions. The rest is free stuff you get for what you were doing already. I'm at about 700 points received. It's not amazing but why would I complain.

Arg all I need is another 20 points so I can have an even 800. I want to zero out my balance. Stupid 20 point increments.

I still like that the points do ammount to something. I've already received about 680 points from this program. So I guess I can't really complain too much. :/ Its better than nothing.

I've hit 540 since joining, and while it's not as frequent as the Bing points I earn, it's nice to be guaranteed a minimum 100 points every 5 months. It's free and takes all of 30 seconds to do the survey. I can't see bitching about it.

LosDaddie

Banned
eh, it's free points for taking a 1min survery. I think I've received about 300pts total so far, which I've already used.

inky

I have 40 points saved, yay! 3 more months of filling surveys and I get 100 free points. Like the 100 I got for my first time marketplace purchase. Of course I couldn't buy shit with 100 points so I bought 500 points more (because they are only sold on 500MP packs). What did I do with my 600 points? Well, I bought a 400 points game (so I had 200 points left over). I didn't want to buy more points to finally get to spend my free points, so I just kept them. I guess they expired because after some time my original 100 points were gone, lol.
So in the end I didn't get free anything AND it made me spend money on a 500 points pack of which I had 100 unusable points left.

Yeah...

see5harp

I've gotten 1400 points since launch last year. Fine by me. A lot of the points are just from redeeming months of live via exploits, which is hilarious to me. I'm getting rebates for spending free points.

Mengetsu

see5harp said:
I've gotten 1400 points since launch last year. Fine by me. A lot of the points are just from redeeming months of live via exploits, which is hilarious to me. I'm getting rebates for spending free points.

I earned only like 200 MS Points for a glitch :/

I did the survey earlier today, how long does it usually take for me to get my 20 points? :S Do I only get them until I reach 100 points or something? That'd be annoying, I only want/need those 20 points right now.

Mengetsu

SolarKnight said:
I did the survey earlier today, how long does it usually take for me to get my 20 points? :S Do I only get them until I reach 100 points or something? That'd be annoying, I only want/need those 20 points right now.

I don't know usually it would be 48 hours after you do it it will show up but, lately its been acting up. I haven't seen my 20 or my 30 for renewing my 3 month yet on the list and your suppose to get it if you accumulated over 100 every 14-15th of the month.

Heysoos

SolarKnight said:

You won't actually get those points until you reach 100 something and they only give them out every certain day of the month.

snack

Nelo Ice said:
I've earned 820 pts so far and if only I had known to spend the random pts deposited into my account before they were taken back.
Wait... what?! They get taken back if you don't use them?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I feel like its never picking up my Marketplace purchases. I'm sure I should be swimming in free points but I've got literally 200 since inception.

Top Bottom