• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA House Party release schedule + prices revealed (Buy all 4, get 800 MSP)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://majornelson.com/2012/01/23/xbox-live-arcade-house-party-dates-and-prices/

PLUS To make the most of your blockbuster game bash, all party goers will receive 800 Microsoft Points when you buy all four participating House Party games from February 15 – March 13.**

Code:
Warp 	February 15, 2012 	800 Points
Alan Wake's American Nightmare 	February 22, 2012 	1200 Points
Nexuiz 	February 29, 2012 	800 Points
I Am Alive 	March 7, 2012 	1200 Points

Shame it's 800MSP instead of a free game like they did with Summer of Arcade 2011.

Edit: I just realised what a stupid post this was. lol.

def sim

I'm interested in Warp, Alan, and I Am Alive but I'm not so sure about Nexuiz. Looks like a Quake 3 clone, I guess? I mean, if I buy all, either Warp or Nexuiz could be considered free but still. I don't know what I'm complaining about.

Expected prices, but nice to see the two 800 point games. Normally they try and force that 1200 point price on these promotional event games.

If you buy all four then you effectively only pay 800 for Alan Wake and I am Alive, too.

I'll think about it Microsoft... I'll think about it.

Xater

Cool I guess but there is no way I am getting all 4. Alan Wake is a given and Warp looks interesting. An arcade MP shooter like Nexuiz doesn't interest me on consoles and I Am Alive I am very sceptical about because of it's development.

The_Monk

Alan Wake for me, but maybe not just now. Going to keep cleaning my backlog first.

I'm very curious about I am alive however I'll have to wait for some impressions... I had high hopes for Amy and meh... =/

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Well If you are interested in Quake/UT style Multiplayer FPS games, You may want to check out Nexuiz.
It has an incredibly fascinating development history as well.

I mean, going from the original Quake engine to CryEngine3?!? Crazy.

This might be the first deal like this I go for as I'm tentatively excited about 3 of the games (Wake, Nexuiz and I Am Alive), may as well (kind of) get the 4th for free.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm theoretically going to buy maybe 3 of these, but I'm not locked in on any of them. With respect to Nexuiz, I probably wouldn't even buy it for free, so the deal doesn't really apply to me.

The only one I know I'm buying is Alan Wake, but I'll be downloading the demos of everything else to give them a shot.

Same here!

Very excited for American Nightmare, think Remedy have said it's around 4-5 hours in length, and the horde-esque mode adds something different too.

Possibly I am Alive, but I have a small feeling that it won't match expectations (but I hope it does).

legbone

yay! the only game i know i am buying day one is the first one to be released and is only 800 points. warp will be mine on 2/15. i will have something fun to play while waiting for ups to deliver my vita.

I Am Alive? Isn't that the Ubisoft game that disappeared forever? It's coming out?

It resurfaced some time ago, new direction and all that. Seems fairly interesting in concept (threatening people instead of killing them outright), question is if execution is well done.

MS is making it more difficult for me to go for the discount. I would think that you'd want more interested but still impulse purchases made instead of people swallowing down games they won't bother playing past the first try. This is the sort of thing that, I think, helps to lead to that quickly evaporating community for multiplayer games in the DD space. You want more people to play this and get others involved. The multi-tiered system of points credited back that they used a couple of years ago during one of the earlier XBLA promotions was the best discount bonus and one that I think MS should follow in the future. You could choose something like up to three or all five of the titles and get a certain amount back with the most given for the five game pickup. In that way, at least, you're more likely to choose the titles you really want to play and still get a bonus for the big purchase.

Alan Wake for sure, everything else is a demo run first.

Don't have room on my hard drive/time to play anymore XBLA games but I'm planning on getting I Am Alive and Alan Wake at some point. Don't know enough about the other two titles.

Chairhome

Honestly not sure if I'm getting any of these right away, but the games look good.

One cool thing I read was that R&B artist Raphael Saadiq is co-founder of IllFonic who made Nexuiz.

acm2000

only want AW:AN but ive got 1050 points! god damn, anyone got 150 point code? lol >_< no way am i putting my card into xbox live, grr

Atomski

Why not just a straight up discount?

Because giving you points is much better from sales point of view. Having the points will make you check out other games and in the process you may have to buy more points to actually afford the game you want.

Pretty obvious really..

Rad-

I'm getting AW definitely, then maybe Nexuiz and I Am Alive (if they end up good). If I buy those, might as well get Warp. Otherwise nope.

Top Bottom