• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Night InBirth playable at AOU 2012

Tizoc

http://shoryuken.com/2012/02/11/under-night-in-birth-playable-at-aou-february-18th/
AOU 2012 starts on the 18th, so hopefully we'll get some footage of this game. I will also update the first post with footage when it becomes available =)

I've been very anxious to see how it plays, especially UNREAL BLACK THING-
0723.jpg

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Very excited to see new French Bread game

I love Melty

TreIII

Supposedly, they've been swearing that the game will be much more "ground-based" than Melty Blood, but still do a lot to adhere to Melty's overall "style".

They also say that the game has some of the best pixel-art Japan has to offer, with facial expressions that have to be seen to be believed.

I think they may be onto something, if this is anything to go by:

04b.jpg

If the rate of animation is as smooth as it was in Melty, this could be a real treat.

cj_iwakura

My biggest problem with MB, and most doujin fighters(Arcana Heart is guilty of this), are the lifeless backgrounds.

Compare an ArcSys or SNK fighter and you'll get the idea.

TreIII

My biggest problem with MB, and most doujin fighters(Arcana Heart is guilty of this), are the lifeless backgrounds.

Compare an ArcSys or SNK fighter and you'll get the idea.

I can understand that much. Some people would say it makes it more atmosphere and less "busy", but I always just wondered how we were expected to believe that people can be fighting each other in such various locales and usually NOBODY is watching! :lol

But hey, if French Bread can deliver on solid animation for their foreground characters (something that ASW will seemingly always struggle with), then I guess it balances itself out, somewhat.

As someone who absolutely adores Melty Blood I am really hyped for this! :D

Can't wait till we get to see some gameplay other than the trailer that was released so long ago.

Tizoc

Most of the cast look generic to me...
Only designs I like are Waldenstein and UNREAL BLACK THING, Gordeau and Carmine look slightly better than the others though.

TreIII

Most of the cast look generic to me...
Only designs I like are Waldenstein and UNREAL BLACK THING, Gordeau and Carmine look slightly better than the others though.

I dunno, I like them well enough, so far.

Besides, going for something highly-detailed was probably going to be logically impossible, if they wanted to be able to have something that could animate fairly smoothly.

I dunno, I like them well enough, so far.

Besides, going for something highly-detailed was probably going to be logically impossible, if they wanted to be able to have something that could animate fairly smoothly.

Word, I need this game to have that fantastic Melty Blood animation.

I am thinking of trying out Seth, he seems to have that Nanaya cockiness about him, or at least that's what I get from the character imagethey released of him (not to mention the Nanaya knives in his hands haha) ;D

cha_set.jpg

TreIII

I don't think they've mentioned yet but we can only hope that it will.

Let's go, region free PS3 version! :D

French Bread has expressed their desire to develop for the PS3 for a while now. It's just that various issues have always stood in their way of doing so with Melty Blood (re: low-res sprites that wouldn't meet HD standards, Type Moon poo-pooing the idea of an HD remake, etc.).

Now, with UNIB, it's not really a matter of if it's coming, so much that it's a question of when.

Besides, with all the MB-styled Visual Novel stuff that's slated to be in this game, that kind of stuff will definitely be appreciated more for a console port than it would ever be in arcades. On that note, is it true that Nasu himself is penning it?

French Bread has expressed their desire to develop for the PS3 for a while now. It's just that various issues have always stood in their way of doing so with Melty Blood (re: low-res sprites that wouldn't meet HD standards, Type Moon poo-pooing the idea of an HD remake, etc.).

Now, with UNIB, it's not really a matter of if it's coming, so much that it's a question of when.

Besides, with all the MB-styled Visual Novel stuff that's slated to be in this game, that kind of stuff will definitely be appreciated more for a console port than it would ever be in arcades. On that note, is it true that Nasu himself is penning it?

I would kill for a HD Melty Blood sequel or HD Remix ;_; I want that HD Arc, Ciel, AND Ryougi!

I hadn't heard that Nasu was writing the story portions of the game but if he is...get ready for crazy magical nonsense and hella Counter Force!

Joule

Didn't even notice this thread till now. Sweet. Been waiting on some new footage for quite some time now. I'm fine with the subdued character designs as long as they animate well.

I hope it does make it over or at least be region free. I'd also like to see Daemon Bride and Chaos Code, hell even that Koihime Musou fighter looks kinda hype.

TreIII

I would kill for a HD Melty Blood sequel or HD Remix ;_; I want that HD Arc, Ciel, AND Ryougi!

I hadn't heard that Nasu was writing the story portions of the game but if he is...get ready for crazy magical nonsense and hella Counter Force!

Heh, yep. :lol

While I love Melty, I do think it was time for French Bread to move on and try something else. Come December of this year, it would be a decade since the original Melty Blood came out.

And hey, if this might finally be the chance for French Bread and Ecole to be able to legitimately showcase their game outside of Japan, all the better. Especially since Type Moon has some sort of issue with marketing anything Tsukihime-related outside of Japan...

So anyone got any info on this game's features? I watched some gameplay and it looked ok I guess. I'm just Im having a hard time finding out what makes this different than MB aside from new characters.

Heh, yep. :lol

While I love Melty, I do think it was time for French Bread to move on and try something else. Come December of this year, it would be a decade since the original Melty Blood came out.

And hey, if this might finally be the chance for French Bread and Ecole to be able to legitimately showcase their game outside of Japan, all the better. Especially since Type Moon has some sort of issue with marketing anything Tsukihime-related outside of Japan...

Man, ten whole years O.O Time sure flies!

My desire for a HD Melty is completely selfish, I really am happy to see French Bread do something new. As long as it means adhering to the awesome quality of their past fighting games I have no problem with them using a new self-developed IP.

3Kaze

Man, ten whole years O.O Time sure flies!

My desire for a HD Melty is completely selfish, I really am happy to see French Bread do something new. As long as it means adhering to the awesome quality of their past fighting games I have no problem with them using a new self-developed IP.
Hasn't MBHD already been confirmed along with the Tsukihime remake?

TreIII

So anyone got any info on this game's features? I watched some gameplay and it looked ok I guess. I'm just Im having a hard time finding out what makes this different than MB aside from new characters.

Supposedly, it's going to be more "ground based" than MB (re: more rolls, less air-dashes). But as of now, we don't have much in the way of info at all, thus why we're waiting for AOU to hopefully shine some more light on it.

Hasn't MBHD already been confirmed along with the Tsukihime remake?

Somewhat, at least. But at this point, development for that game is likely going to be quite a while off. Meanwhile, all hands at FB are on deck for this game. They even hired new people for it.

Tizoc

Woah Orie looks to have a 'stand'.
Nice gameplay in that vid, hope to see some Waldenstein soon.

Looking tight, but showing signs of being heavily in development. I hope this is an early build. I want this in my ps3 or 360 by the end of next year dammit.

also,
that Engrish...

"1st clause, DIVIDE
Will each either...but its good "INVERSE!""

I have no idea what that long paragraph is under '1st clause' but i'm afraid of trying to read it already.

The title of this game sounds like something that could go horribly wrong during child labor.

I mean who thinks of these fucking names? InBirth? Blazblue? Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Last video really shows off the animation nicely. Looks really good.

So far Linne and Orie look like my kind of characters. Carmine looks like alot of fun too.

Haven't seen anyone pick the Protagonist yet. Can't really blame them though with how boring he looks.

I noticed there are no voices in any of the videos. I guess they still have ways to go with the development.

I do like Orie's style though. I also noticed she can summon some kind of white knight thing.

Tizoc

Hmm Carmine seems to have Jedah's projectile from Darkstalkers, interesting. ...and if you watch the Part 1 vid, take note of how in the 2nd round, he can lay 'traps'.

What I like about Waldstein is how he appears to be the big, heavy power/grappler character but also has some range on his attacks.
...and did he just OTG into his running grab?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pnnIw9srK9o#t=113s

Wish I could've seen his grab super though =/

Yeah, the videos are nice but it would of been cool to get some footage of people who know what they are doing with the game.

There's a day and night difference between two beginners who don't know the controls and two people who are well versed with the characters they are playing.

Hopefully we'll get some of those down the road to show what the game is capable of at high levels of play.

TreIII

Yeah, the videos are nice but it would of been cool to get some footage of people who know what they are doing with the game.

There's a day and night difference between two beginners who don't know the controls and two people who are well versed with the characters they are playing.

Hopefully we'll get some of those down the road to show what the game is capable of at high levels of play.

Well, let's be fair. This was the first time the game was playable ANYWHERE since it was first unveiled. Of course everything is going to be new, even if it does share some basic fundamentals with Melty Blood.

So, give it time. And let's hope that when French Bread said that they're gunning for a Spring release, the game is as fully realized as it can be.

Well, let's be fair. This was the first time the game was playable ANYWHERE since it was first unveiled. Of course everything is going to be new, even if it does share some basic fundamentals with Melty Blood.

So, give it time. And let's hope that when French Bread said that they're gunning for a Spring release, the game is as fully realized as it can be.

Spring release? I guess that means for next year's Spring. What about the platforms? I know it'll be available for Arcade but I'm hoping for a PSN release at least.

Top Bottom