• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Night InBirth playable at AOU 2012

TreIII

Spring release? I guess that means for next year's Spring. What about the platforms? I know it'll be available for Arcade but I'm hoping for a PSN release at least.

Nope, as of right now they said Spring 2012. The game is already more than 50% complete, and they seem to be focused on balancing and then putting in all of the extracurricular goods later. In short, this build that they provided for AOU is not to be taken as how far along the game actually is.

As for platforms?

For arcades:

New Arcade platform by Sega: All-Net.

Is... NESiCA, but by Sega. Will use the same "select your game" system. GGXXACP and Under Night In-Birth confirmed on this platform.

- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...nfirmed-for-psn-and-xbla.154629/#post-6518770

As for consoles? As I said above, FB has expressed interest in PS3 development. I wouldn't at all be surprised if the game actually goes to disc retail over there, considering the MB-style visual-novel aspects that they're pushing for this game. Plus, FB actually has made a name for themselves through MB, so it's not like they're a complete unknown that would have to necessarily "settle" for a PSN release.

Updated with more, thanks to the Dustloopers o/

Here are some posts from the Dustloop/Melty Bread threads on UNIB, regarding the gameplay systems:

lets do this shit
UNIB SYSTEM
EXS: your meter. supers are 100%.
GRD: enhances attack/defense as it increases
shield(back+d): different from MB's as it seems to push opponent back
assault(fwd+d): think command dash. can be attacked from. uses meter.
concentration(neutral d): charges exs.
chain shift(d twice): your roman cancel. also converts EXS and GRD
veil off(a+b+c): a sort-of heat. lasts 5 seconds, increases power, blows opponent off. may also work as a burst. makes it possible to use..
infinite worth(?) can also be used with 200% EXS. your desperation super or w/e.

throws and techs are 2 button. you can press buttons to reduce damage

feel free to call me out on my fraudulent jp skills~

-GRD is pronounced as "Grind" not "Guard".
-EXS is pronounced "Exist".
-4 button layout is A = weak, B = Medium, C = Strong, D = Drive EXS.
-It specifically states that you CANNOT use Veil Off like a typical burst to get out of hitstun.
-Each level of the GRD bar gives you a definite offense/defense boost.
-Chain Shift converts all of your EXS meter into GRD.
-To clarify, Infinite Worth requires you to be in Veil Off while having 200 meter.
-Attacks/Character sprites can obscure the health bars and damage readout.
-A+D is the throw input.

Speculation cause they ain't tellin':
-GRD can be consumed for EX attacks (GRD Vorpal) and Blowbacks.

As of right now, the developers haven't really unveiled what the Grind Vorpal system is. I think one of Melty Bread's members was trying to read the info on the subject, but take it with a grain of salt as it's still unclear:

The most I can decipher from that (from Google Translate) is that it occurs at set intervals, about every 14-15 seconds, and 7 times in a round (from videos). Each time it happens, it gives an attack and defense boost to one of the players, depending on how advantageous or disadvantageous they are at the moment. As far as I can tell, the first two times are granted to the advantageous player, the rest of the times are for the disadvantageous player. Please clarify?

Lastly, here's a translation log of all of the character profiles.

Tizoc

Thanks for the links Rexx, hopefully these Waldo matches can showcase how deadly he can be.

I take it there're no matches of Merkava aka UNREAL BLACK THING?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Orie looks so good. Mitsuru style.

And the backgrounds and music are nice as well. 1st Clause - Divide is also a great opener.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
http://inbirth.info/system.html

Full of april fools jokes, so funnee frenchbread.

AMxyc.jpg

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
heh. It's that time of the year already

Not sure if it's part of it but looks like they added another "unknown" character slot to the character page

Naite

That's such an awesome April Fools update. Great sense of humor. I sorta wish some of those things were true in the console version as some sort of offline addition.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I've been subscribed

Just never much to add when you post :x

Characters seem to have a really huge amount of range in this game ... I like it. Seeing the new characters from the location test is pretty exciting but I cant shake the feeling that they may have shown off the game a bit too soon. Its been absolute torture waiting for more news of this game to come out. We still dont have confirmation that they want to localize the game right? Ugh.

Vatista VS Carmine
I think I'm loving Vatista's style of Keepaway but Carmine laying down the blood traps was really neat as well. The company's done a good job of putting in some interesting playstyles so far but I'm getting a real Mu-12 vibe from Vatista at this point.

Gordeau vs. Orie
Shame the camera work was so shoddy ...

So what do you guys define Merkawa as? An offensive flying Dhalsim?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you Ponpo for keeping this thread updated lol

Now get back on Anarchy

Glad to finally see some Yuzuriha. Her design reminds me alot of Aoko so I've been interested in her for that

The Melty Blood fighting games are so awesome, and this game looks like its coming together much better than when I first saw it. I'm kinda optimistic now.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's fun watching this game in motion, especially with HD vids. Some of it is oddly stiff, but what DOES move, moves very nicely. A nice change of pace from other HD 2D games.

Would love to have a way to play it soon, but not sure how likely I'll even get to play it legitimately is, yet :/ I'd love to import for Vita, but that's thoughts for another time.

* It's good to hear the character voices here. I rather like the Seiyuu choices, from what little I can tell of them. Sounds pretty solid.

* Carmine joins the short list of "Characters with Awesome looking and sounding manical laughter victory poses", already. And Waldstein is fun to watch.

3Kaze

The game looks really good, and the soundtrack sounds great too.
I suppose the game will be out in arcade soon? It was due for a summer release iirc.

And French Bread > ASW.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Maybe I should make a new thr- nah pointless.

Arcade release is September 20th.

Also, livestream in 20 minutes here

In descending order I'd say Im most excited to play :
1. Waldstein
2. Seth
3. Yuzuriha
4. Gordeau

Really the footage of Linne did a lot to turn me off to the character. She looked a lot stronger when there were only a couple characters that completely outranged her in every aspect, now it looks like the entire cast does more or less.

Solune

In descending order I'd say Im most excited to play :
1. Waldstein
2. Seth
3. Yuzuriha
4. Gordeau

Really the footage of Linne did a lot to turn me off to the character. She looked a lot stronger when there were only a couple characters that completely outranged her in every aspect, now it looks like the entire cast does more or less.

For me

1. Yuzuriha
2. Linne
3. Merkava
4. Carmine

Linne's design is something I always wanted in a fighting game, dual wield, dagger + long sword. Carmine cause he's got Jedah like projectiles and Merkava has those full screen hitconfirms.

Naite

It's been a while since I last watched some footage of the game. They really did some great choices for the voice actors.

I have absolutely no idea who I want to main. They all seem somewhat interesting.

Top Bottom