• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Night InBirth playable at AOU 2012

1.01 Patch dropped today with the following changes.

1. Change in properties of Chain shift activated with lesser than 6 GRD gauge
2. Chain shift activated under 6 GRD gauge does not reset movement, ground and wall bounce limits aka Combo reset in short
3. Change in Chain Shift proration rate (I need to double check what this is pointing to exactly)
4. Changed the amount of EXs meter gained during Chain Shift
5. Changes to auto GRD gain
6. Change the amount GRD gained from assualt
7. Shielded jump attacks have more recovery
8. A fully held Veil Off has more invulnerabilityframes (Note that you can hold the activation of Veil Off as there is 2 versions of activation animation)
9. other minor changes including bugfixes

And videos to accompany Day 1 of the patch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxcs6Sdt8r4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVIbnCYoXk4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78oLCAwIVtA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_BB8gUBRg

Yeah the patched state of the game definitely looks like it addressed the main problems I was having with the game, mainly the lol ridiculous combo length. Definitely loving what I'm seeing so far of 1.01 and am quite thankful they're getting these sort of bug fixes out of the way before they think to ship to consoles.

Nice find on the Soundtrack! Really digging what I hear from Hyde, Gordeau, Vatista, and Orie. I've probably heard Yuzu and Linne's themes far too often for me to care too much about them anymore.

Waldstein and Carmine's are probably my least favorite of the bunch though, very forgettable.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Izzat... and Akatsuki Blitzkampf character?!?

akatsuki_akb-308.png

That's actually pretty awesome!

You know, I still really want to play this... Maybe it'll finally get console release mention at TGS?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Izzat... and Akatsuki Blitzkampf character?!?

akatsuki_akb-308.png

That's actually pretty awesome!

You know, I still really want to play this... Maybe it'll finally get console release mention at TGS?

Was shown on stream running a PS3 version so maybe.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Damnit Ponpo.
Stop teasing me.
I want to play this so bad...
I'm still hoping for a console announcement at TGS

Soon. Probably actually this time!

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...irth/page283&p=1538012&viewfull=1#post1538012

Sourenga said:
- Concept of the Exe:Late was to "increase the things you can do". Meaning more yomi and dodging into gameplay.
- Previously Under Night In-Birth was really harsh game for beginners. There was no "fluke" in the game.
- New "Recovery Correction Value" parameter has been included into game. Parameter changed the length of non-recoverable time depending whether you started the combo with weak or heavy attack.
- They wanted to keep the ground-fighting as main things, so the game would not end up as "combo game"
- They wanted to differ from Melty Blood which made them to rise the risks of aerial attacks.
- That's why they have made changes that some attacks are invincible only against aerials.
- They wanted to make more Street Fighter-like "Stab game" which is pretty much the opposite of combo games. (What is a good Western term... "punishing game"?)
- In the end they ended up with something very close to King of Fighters.
- Dash attacks are the best moves in Exe:Late
- There wasn't really a classic protagonist-like character, so Akatsuki was a perfect guy for them.
- Of course he can use Reflector.
- Some of his combos from the original game are usable.
- Subtle Style, themselves drew all the HD sprites for Akatsuki perfectly without any instructions from Narita. It saved apparently a lot of time from the production of game...
- From the very beginning they had decided to go with simple effects with In-Birth. Narita says it kind a reminds how the covers of light novels are nowadays... Like just a one girl on the backcover ...
- Narita also mentions that P4A was also like that. It's cool and not-too-flashy, so it's very easy for eyes. He thinks all the graphic designers of fighting game industry felt defeated after seeing P4A
- "Playstation 3 version...? W-What might you be talking about...", Narita first says. Later he mentions that they'll talk about the console port "later"
- They really are impressed that the crowdsfunding for Skullgirls update went that well...
- To celebrate the release of arcade version they would want to have a guest character from Skullgirls. They would like to draw the sprites by themselves to show "What moé truly is!"
- Narita says that kickstarter wouldn't really help with their game.
- Their "chuu-ni-byou styled game" wouldn't get that many people interested and their main audience is Japanese arcade players
- Japanese people get easily interested in completed work, but are very cold towards unfinished concepts and "work-in-process"
- Nowadays fighting game developers should prioritize consoles before arcades... but French Bread still wants to keep up with the old fashioned way of prioritizing arcades first.
-Narita went to Type-Moon a day before this interview to ask what's their official opinion about Melty Blood HD. Their comment was "We are positively considering it", but Narita says we need to wait for the Tsukihime's remake first...
-Very soon many projects they've had to remain silent will finally be revealed. Wait for more info.

- They say it's frustrating that is kind a seems like Arc System Works is the only company creating fighting games.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
- They wanted to make more Street Fighter-like "Stab game" which is pretty much the opposite of combo games. (What is a good Western term... "punishing game"?)

I would guess this is more of a "Poking Game", or maybe "Footsies", for the English equivalent? I can see that working; I actually really like the "Exaggerated footsies" style the game seems to have.

- In the end they ended up with something very close to King of Fighters.

SIGN ME UP! -ahem- This, Chaos Code... games with lots of subsystems always feel kinda KOF like, I guess.

- They really are impressed that the crowdsfunding for Skullgirls update went that well...
- To celebrate the release of arcade version they would want to have a guest character from Skullgirls. They would like to draw the sprites by themselves to show "What moé truly is!"

So... Minette?!? LoL. Seriously, though, LAB ZERO WHERE ARE YOUUUU... We NEED to see this happen, especially with Skullgirls going for a JP arcade release. Cerebella, Paraoul, Ms. Fortune, and Squigly would probably be my votes from the current cast... Dreams of Big Band, Panzerfaust, and Minette would also be accepted.

It'd probably just be Fillia though, which would still be quite cool.

- They say it's frustrating that is kind a seems like Arc System Works is the only company creating fighting games.

You'd think they'd make a good fit to work with SNKP, so they could both increase their output a bit. I'd certainly be interested in seeing what they could come up with together. But maybe SNKP has been a bunch of hard-to-work-with jerks, which wouldn't be entirely surprising, either.

OceanBlue

- New "Recovery Correction Value" parameter has been included into game. Parameter changed the length of non-recoverable time depending whether you started the combo with weak or heavy attack.
Yeah, you can definitely see that in the new gameplay videos. Two 2As seem to really tone down combos.

- They wanted to keep the ground-fighting as main things, so the game would not end up as "combo game"
Lol. Apparently that didn't work with the first version. :V

- Dash attacks are the best moves in Exe:Late
Weren't there a couple of characters with obnoxious dash attacks in the first version? I'm thinking of Hyde and Vatista.

Anbec7

Please tell me there is new soundtrack pieces, please!

Also OH MY GOD SKULLGIRLS YESS!

Let´s go UNIB! give me a release date for PC :)

Infinite

All these changes sound pretty good. The skull girl character they should if that was to happen should be ANNIE of the fucking stars.

...Who is "Reverge Labs?"

Regardless of their current misinformation though, would Lab Zero be down for even entertaining one of the lasses of Skullgirls making an appearance in the game at all?

Personally, that'd be sick. And just like what the game is doing for Akatsuki Blitzkampf's DD release it could do the same for when SG hits NESiCA whenever that is.

I really hope you guys take that offer under serious consideration. Seems the offer is very mutually beneficial for both parties. And super awesome as well.

And the below are the first match vids for Exe:Late.

http://youtu.be/T04su9TN5FI
http://youtu.be/CZmKjY7Qccs

Top Bottom