• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Standard Edition $29.99 On Sale at Best Buy [$15 with coupon]

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Searched but did not find. Best Buy has both standard editions of Final Fantasy XIII-2 on sale for $29.99 this week. The limited edition remains unchanged ($79.99)

FFXIII-2 PS3

FFXIII-2 X360

If you're interested, might be a good time to pick it up.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
How do I get this coupon you speak of?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Might be difficult to find the magazine since its April now. Dont buy the wrong issue lol

I really liked it: great music, epic-looking FMVs, good graphics, some daft moments, some nice towns, the hand-holding isn't anywhere near as bad as XIII, nice weather changes, characters can now be switched in battle again. Noel and Serah are much likeable than the stoic Lightning, overall the game-play has good variety with the non-linear structure, mini-games and monster customisation.

The less good: some of the side-quests get a bit boring because of recycled assets being cheaply used with NPCs and environments, the story is very contrived even for fantasy, the re-spawning baddies make the later levels a bit boring with tight path ways that must be moved, and the beginning is a bit boring with running in circles in a town, I won't bother defending some of the character's design.

Neutral: The crystarium is more streamlined, although there's far more grids to level-up this time. The ending is hilarious and might as well be trolling.

Overall I recommend it, the strengths make it worth it even if you didn't like XIII.

I really liked it: great music, epic-looking FMVs, good graphics, some daft moments, some nice towns, the hand-holding isn't anywhere near as bad as XIII, nice weather changes, characters can now be switched in battle again. Noel and Serah are much likeable than the stoic Lightning, overall the game-play has good variety with the non-linear structure, mini-games and monster customisation.

The less good: some of the side-quests get a bit boring because of recycled assets being cheaply used with NPCs and environments, the story is very contrived even for fantasy, the re-spawning baddies make the later levels a bit boring with tight path ways that must be moved, and the beginning is a bit boring with running in circles in a town, I won't bother defending some of the character's design.

Neutral: The crystarium is more streamlined, although there's far more grids to level-up this time. The ending is hilarious and might as well be trolling.

Overall I recommend it, the strengths make it worth it even if you didn't like XIII.

Good summary but what epic FMVs? There were like 2 FMVs in the whole game: intro and outro... Nothing like in FF13 where (almost) each chapter got glorious CGI.

Xena

Thanks for the replies!

Thank you so much OP, I just came back and got it for $21.44 (as I did have to buy the magazine for the coupon). You saved quite some dollars! Thanks again!

RPGCrazied

Loved the game, hate the DLC. Pretty much sums it up. If they would've got out those costumes out sooner, I probably would've bought more, but since the game is now 100%, I don't see myself playing the game anytime soon.

The first game I got a platinum on.

Still, if you haven't played it, its a nice price to buy it at, and some DLC to buy. I shouldn't have did day 1, but I wanted the LE with the soundtrack.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
15 bucks is a good deal but I'm waiting to see if they do a GotY edition.

even if they don't by the time I'm sure they won't it'll probably be 15 new without a coupon.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
15 bucks is a good deal but I'm waiting to see if they do a GotY edition.

even if they don't by the time I'm sure they won't it'll probably be 15 new without a coupon.

lol. Maybe an Ultimate edition but I doubt the game will win any 'GOTY' awards.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Starting to think it might actually be worth subscribing to that magazine now. Hmmmm.

I'd say it's worth it. March was a killer month and they've had some other good months as well. You can get back your money pretty quickly if they keep continuing with the coupons

MrDaravon

I'm still annoyed that my Best Buy NEVER got in the issue with the March coupons; the guy I asked said a ton of people had asked about it, and he knew what the coupons were and how they stacked and everything so he knew his shit. He said that store was the only one in the district that never got it, and they had no idea why. Now the April one should be in stores, and I checked today and they didn't have that one either. I was finally going to subscribe if I could pick up the March one and get the FF coupon :/. Not a huge deal since I'm sure XIII-2 will be available normally for $15-$20 sooner rather than later, but still annoying.

seat

I went in to pick Arkham City today, and the sales associate mentioned the FF XIII-2 sale "if [I was] into that sort of thing."

I said, "No thanks. I played the XIII. Not a fan anymore." The associate knowingly smirked as if he totally understood.

Top Bottom