• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

eznark

Banned
Eznark, hate to call foul, but you won our first game with Guild Dwarves. I think you are supposed to stick with them for our second.

Crap, sorry. I didn't think you were in my bracket. Next one I will be GD and this one won't count.

benny lava

Neo Member
My race to the bottom of my group continues, but it is all good experience. Even though I have the physical game, I didn't really start playing SW until the app came out. You guys are teaching me how NOT to play :)

Side note - I've sent 2 GC friend requests to Roodiculous but haven't gotten responses. I think that's the right ID. Maybe I need to use a lower case R?

bonesquad

Pocket Tactics are running a NH tournament.
http://bit.ly/OIMXNj

Has anyone played NH recently? I got 2 notifications to play the past couple days, and both times when I went to play the game was no where to be found. Why am I not surprised:)

yeaaaah I saw you did raise the dead but then didn't actually raise anyone, is that what you meant? happened to me quite often too :( FK is the most error-prone of all the factions :/

I know that mistake well... but I don't think FK is anymore error-prone than others. I just finished a game where my opponent twice placed a buff card by mistake on my unit. I felt bad. But not bad enough to throw the game:)

mercviper

If the bug is charming an unit twice (Vlox and Sin-Sin) will freeze them or permanently charm them, it has been it has been reported already :).

That's pretty much exactly what happened. I charmed a goblin twice to get it away from my vlox w/o a goblin rush event, and then next turn after he killed sin-sin I still had control lol :x

Good game tm24. (I lost) I saw your invite then rematched by mistake, then withdrew the invite and your invite has gone too. If you reinvite me I'll accept. (promise)

tm24

Good game tm24. (I lost) I saw your invite then rematched by mistake, then withdrew the invite and your invite has gone too. If you reinvite me I'll accept. (promise)
Will do, do you remember if i had guardians or fencers out? I can't remember what deck i used

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
gg's Gatekeeper! That second one I definitely played more carefully than the first one..

bonesquad

Well that was really stupid of me, lol. Completely forgot that guy could just trample my guys...

AstroLad that means you need to rematch with the same deck. I can send the invite, but wanted to make sure you realized this.:) (I wish as the loser I stayed the same and they had to change. I've played the other factions like once each. Now AstroLad is just going to crush me again:(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well that was really stupid of me, lol. Completely forgot that guy could just trample my guys...

AstroLad that means you need to rematch with the same deck. I can send the invite, but wanted to make sure you realized this.:) (I wish as the loser I stayed the same and they had to change. I've played the other factions like once each. Now AstroLad is just going to crush me again:(

Cool man, done -- thanks for the heads-up.

Is there anyone else in our group that I played without realizing it? I know I've played AirBrian and CzarTim but not sure if those were tourney games. (This would be a lot easier if the games had chat and you could just tell people "tourney" and be done with it.). So if there's any games missing from the spreadsheet let me know guys. :D From now on I will realize that all our games are tourney games (AB and I have one going now that I presume is one).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Can I nominate the following games for removal from the spreadsheet? I want to make sure it continues being a resource but it only works if people keep it updated (as such, please update your games owned that you want to play and games that you really want to play (underline)) and it remains easy to use.

Here's what I would take off as I think the focus of this thread has narrowed to a good place:
-Ticket to Ride iPad (no async)
-AC Recollection
-Hero Academy (own thread)
-Cabals the Card Game
-Shadow Era TCG
-Kard Combat
-Scotland Yard (no async right?)
-MTG 2013

I need to update the OP with the new games as well.

Hereafter

Can I nominate the following games for removal from the spreadsheet? I want to make sure it continues being a resource but it only works if people keep it updated (as such, please update your games owned that you want to play and games that you really want to play (underline).

Here's what I would take off as I think the focus of this thread has narrowed to a good place:
-AC Recollection
-Cabals the Card Game
-Shadow Era TCG
-Kard Combat
-MTG 2013

Can I second the nomination?

mercviper

Goddammit the UI in summoner wars has led to so many wasted turns. The needs to be some kind of dialogue box that opens when I want to use my summoner's abilities.

One complaint I have about the ui is a matter of consistency. They need to confirm you finishing your move and attack phases like they do in the summon and event phases, except for maybe when you've used up all your moves/attacks

Can I second the nomination?

It pains me a little inside to agree to remove MTG 2013 or AC recollections, but the logic is sound. If we ran a tournament for MTG, how many people could we get? That would be the only thing I could see for a reason to keep that on the list. I highly doubt we'd get an AC:R tourney going.

eznark

Banned
gg Kosh!

I know it doesn't count for the tournament but that one brought me back to .500 at 45-45 I think for the first time since I was like 5-5 so I am pumped!

eznark

Banned
Well, considering i lost that one by screwing up big time, i decided to speed it up. Your Gror had my number after i couldnt stop his attack using a blaze stepped warrior

I know but i don't get a win for that brilliant strategery on my record! The game would have been over my next turn. No rage quitting!

Also, our bracket is now fully in play, sir.

bonesquad

Well, considering i lost that one by screwing up big time, i decided to speed it up. Your Gror had my number after i couldnt stop his attack using a blaze stepped warrior

But you don't get credit for a win when your opponent does that. At least that's been my experience. Outside of this tournament obviously...

I've mostly played against friends I know (and a few random online opponents) who somehow manage to suck more than me. If they didn't forfeit so much my record would probably have almost twice as many games played (I know, I know... still pales in comparison to most of you:)

tm24

I know but i don't get a win for that brilliant strategery on my record! The game would have been over my next turn. No rage quitting!

Actually you do. Thats why i did it. Or else im mistaken. I know you dont get one if no move has been recorded, but if one has im pretty sure it counts as a win

mercviper

I was going to say, "Is a forfeit really that insulting? lol", but not getting a win recorded out of it? That's ridiculous.

tm24

Yay, it was a brilliant move by eznark to set up a chokepoint using his champion after i had him on the ropes. Was able to turtle until he took out Gror and from there it was a matter of time.

Also, you have to refresh the lobby after forfeits to get the win. The lobby counts the forfeit first then adds the win on the next time you go there

eznark

Banned
Yay, it was a brilliant move by eznark to set up a chokepoint using his champion after i had hid on the ropes. Was able to turtle until he took out Gror and from there it was a matter of time

I was down to one HP on the summoner forever. I don't have any idea how you were able to bring out those Champions so early and seriously it seemed like you had 10 of them in your hand!

I love when abilities backfire. That elf champion got an extra attack when adjacent to enemies but that hurt you since you needed to have every die be a hit on my blocker. So good!

Super robot is choking! Like the Canucks! :p
Why you!
I oughta!
I'm coming over!
Sonny_whacked.jpg

Can I nominate the following games for removal from the spreadsheet? I want to make sure it continues being a resource but it only works if people keep it updated (as such, please update your games owned that you want to play and games that you really want to play (underline)) and it remains easy to use.

-AC Recollection
-Cabals the Card Game
-Shadow Era TCG
-Kard Combat
-MTG 2013

I need to update the OP with the new games as well.
I'd purge more than that, unless people are secretly playing Ra and (sigh) Nightfall.

blahness

I'd purge more than that, unless people are secretly playing Ra and (sigh) Nightfall.

I play Nightfall pretty much every day :) On that note, any one heard anything regarding the probability of the Nightfall expansion being released by the end of August (1 day left!) like they had announced in July?

Top Bottom