• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Several people, including law enforcement shot near Texas A&M University

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaborn

Breaking on CNN.com now, no details yet beyond this blurb:

(CNN) -- Investigators took a gunman into custody Monday after reports of an "active shooting" at or near Texas A&M University, the school said on its website, citing police.
The university had warned people to stay away from the intersection of Welborn Road and George Bush Drive as well as part of Fidelity Drive in College Station, Texas.
Additional details were not immediately available.

and this banner:

Several people, including law enforcement officers, have been shot near Texas A&M University, police say.

EDIT:

DamoS ‏@felix85

Police scanner chatter suggests that suspect was barricaded inside a house. Shooting to outside, now in custody

Zoe

Actually gun violence has been on the decline in the US since the 70s. This is probably getting more coverage because of the proximity to the shooting in Aurora

College shootings are always going to get coverage, especially in Texas.

I can't believe you guys are scrambling all over yourselves to set up barricades for the inevitable gun debate before we even know the nature of the attack or the number of victims. Gimme a break.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Damnit Aggie.

- J - D -

4 mass shootings within a 1-month time frame. Well, I think it was 4, iirc.

I don't know if it's just reported more often because of the proximity to the date of the Aurora shooting, but it feels like there's been a lot of them recently, no?

I know it sounds awful, but the amount of horror stories I've heard about cops in the south (especially Texas) over the years makes me feel little pity here.

Mudkips

Banned
I know it sounds awful, but the amount of horror stories I've heard about cops in the south (especially Texas) over the years makes me feel little pity here.

People are shot, but because they're cops and you like to generalize based on stories you've heard, you don't care? Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom