• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Several people, including law enforcement shot near Texas A&M University

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

1:31 PM Update:

CSPD will be holding a press conference momentarily regarding the shooting near Fidelity Street in College Station.

According to CSPD, a suspect has been taken into custody and the scene is reportedly under control and there is no longer a danger to the public.

We have multiple crews on the scene and will continue to bring you more details as they become available.

1:16 PM Update:

News 3 crew on the scene has confirmed that more than one law enforcement officer has been shot in an incident near Fidelity Street in College Station.

A spokesperson for the College Station Police Department says there are no confirmed fatalities at this point.

The scene is reportedly under control and there is no longer a danger to the public.

We have crews on the scene and will continue to bring you updates online and on air as we learn them.

Tugatrix

We know this as a fact. The media promotes bullshit to make money on their coverage.

Honest question, whats your point? Just highlighting the obvious? (Excuse any tone I have, honest question.)

My point? Spread the word, make people think about it and make them react, put pressure over the media.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Remember to vote KrymynalChylde in 2016. He'll get those guns pointed in the other direction.

Socreges

Banned
anti guns in 3.2.1.

Pro-guns in ...

"Government trying to disarm all Americans" conspiracy theory in 3, 2, 1

Damn, depressing news.

Manos in 3, 2, 1....
3p3m40.jpg

GAF knows GAF too well.

ag-my001

There are a bunch of apartments and off-campus housing in that neighborhood. It'll be interesting to see who the suspect was and/or motive.

Steelrain

There was a time when shootings at universities and movie theatres weren't reported?

Uh, Yes? My University has shootings near campus once a month at least (Philadelphia). The most we get is an e-mail saying to "stay safe". The shit is never on major news. Aurora is why these stories have hit the radar of major news more frequently the past few weeks.

There are a bunch of apartments and off-campus housing in that neighborhood. It'll be interesting to see who the suspect was and/or motive.

I'm sure we will find out much about him. Everything from his favorite restaurant down to what website he ordered his fleshlight from.

Uh, Yes? My University has shootings near campus once a month at least (Philadelphia). The most we get is an e-mail saying to "stay safe". The shit is never on major news. Aurora is why these stories have hit the radar of major news more frequently the past few weeks.

Where in Philly? I grew up and went to school there.

Temple? UofP?

Socreges

Banned
Theres been one theater shooting and this is apparently not actually on the university. Not exactly a trend
I didn't say it was a trend. I was replying to what Steelrain said.

Do these incidents that you're talking about ("once a month") involve "several people"? Pretty important condition. I'm sure this would have been reported regardless of what happened at Aurora.

Also, holy fuck @ once a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom