• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evangelion 3.0 SPOILER Thread | You Can (Not) Comprehend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Unmarked spoilers for Evangelion 3.0 go here.

This is your only warning.

If you entered here by accident, please see the original OT here.

Sophia

Well, let's get this thread a rolling, shall we? Do tell more about the Lance of Longinus and the Lance of Cassius that was mentioned in the official thread.

I need to go hunt down these spoilers on the internet. ><;

Zeroth

Well, let's get this thread a rolling, shall we? Do tell more about the Lance of Longinus and the Lance of Cassius that was mentioned in the official thread.

I need to go hunt down these spoilers on the internet. ><;

There are two spears. One is the original Lance of Longinus that is with Lilith, the other is a new Lance (not sure where it is from, but it may be the one Kaworu used to stop Third Impact). Both are required to start the Fourth Impact. That's all I know for now.

B.K.

Do tell more about the Lance of Longinus and the Lance of Cassius that was mentioned in the official thread.

Kaworu tempts Shinji back to NERV by telling him that whoever uses the Lance of Longinus and the Lance of Cassius together can recreate the world the way they want. However, when they get to Terminal Dogma, they find TWO Lances of Longinus.

I REALLY wasn't expecting that 14 year time skip. It blew my mind when I first read it. That really explains the marketing for the movie though. They couldn't show much or it would give away the time skip.

cjkeats

What about the other new girl from the trailer? not the sister, but the other one with the puffy hair. Haven't seen anyone mention her yet.

Erigu

Do tell more about the Lance of Longinus and the Lance of Cassius that was mentioned in the official thread.
From what I understand: it seems Shinji and Kaoru are told to go and get those spears as they would allow for a do-over (hence the title?), but when they get there, it seems both spears are actually Spears of Longinus, and Kaoru suspects they've been lied to by Seele.

What about the other new girl from the trailer? not the sister, but the other one with the puffy hair. Haven't seen anyone mention her yet.
Kitakami Midori. A member of Wille, apparently. Not sure if there's more to it, or if she's basically just a new Maya.

Replicant

How am I suppose to survive 4th impact waiting for English sub after I read those spoilers? *flails*

For some reason the whole thing reminds me of "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" except without the stabbings and mutilations......oh wait, there might be some of that too.

B.K.

From what I understand: it seems Shinji and Kaoru are told to go and get those spears as they would allow for a do-over (hence the title?), but when they get there, it seems both spears are actually Spears of Longinus, and Kaoru suspects they've been lied to by Seele.

Then, the two of them start Fourth Impact and Kaworu sacrifices himself to stop it.

cjkeats

What about Asuka being an angel? I mean, that actually makes sense giving the whole thing with her being sucked into the core.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Some supposed event spoilers:

SEELE throws Eva 01 into space, with a tang'd Shinji and Rei still inside. They stay up there for 14 years.
Misato goes rogue, found her own organization to fix the world and recruits Asuka, Mari, and Touji's younger sister, Asuka and Mari not aging because LCL exposure halts the aging process.
They save Unit 01 from space, but Shinji and Rei decide to go back to NERV where Gendou is still in charge, also he has Kaworu.
Kaworu hits on Shinji while Rei disappears.
Kaworu thinks he found out a way to fix the world with magic spears and Lillith, he and Shinji team up and even combine their Evas.
Misato's organization knows better and sends forth Asuka to stop them.
Kaworu and Shinji almost kill Asuka only to discover that SEELE tricked Kaworu and they really just started Instrumentality.
Kaworu explodes himself to stop it, making Shinji all sad and reducing everything to a red wasteland.
Asuka yanks Shinji out of his entry plug and holds his hand as they walk through the desert.
Also Rei is also in the desert with them somehow.

Soma

That four armed Unit-13 is really weird looking. All the new Eva designs suck.

I like the design of Unit-08&#946; ...but that color scheme though.

Also, I haven't read or seen anything about Kaji in all this. Where'd he go?

B.K.

Also, I haven't read or seen anything about Kaji in all this. Where'd he go?

Maybe he died or was killed sometime during those 14 years.

Here's a rough translation of the preview for ||.

PREVIEW
Shinji Ikari continues to wander, still lacking the will to live.
He comes upon a place that teaches him hope. Finally the instrumentality project is set in motion.
To prevent Final Impact, Will-e makes one last grueling stand.
Wunder tears through the skies! Eva Units (Unit?) 8+2 sprint over the red earth!
NEXT TIME
New Evangelion Theatrical Edition: ||
There'll be fan service all the way up to the end!

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
The two most fanservicey characters suddenly stop aging as part of a convenient plot device. What are the odds?

It's not as though their 28 year old forms would be immune to fanservice.

Rrgh, alright fine...

*reads every single post*

I guess I'll try and forget the plot before I actually see the thing :|

Anyway, I must say I like Misato's hair long and flowing than in that braid thing. But she looks awesome as captain in any case.

Also, was it written Will-e in the movie? Because I thought it was just Wille, to go along with Nerv, Gehirn, and Seele.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rrgh, alright fine...

*reads every single post*

I guess I'll try and forget the plot before I actually see the thing :|

Anyway, I must say I like Misato's hair long and flowing than in that braid thing. But she looks awesome as captain in any case.

Also, was it written Will-e in the movie? Because I thought it was just Wille, to go along with Nerv, Gehirn, and Seele.

Scans have it as Wille.

B.K.

I wonder if they scrapped everything they had done for 3.0 after they finished 2.0. From all the reports I've read, none of the scenes in the 3.0 teaser at the end of 2.0 are actually in the movie. That would explain the extra year.

Scans have it as Wille.
Goody, knew it

I thought the whole "14 year skip" corresponding with "14 years between this movie and Eva 2.0" was pretty neat, though it may just be a coincidence.

But if this whole "sequel" thing works out, then whoa man. Crazy times ahead for 4.0, with that repeat/end.

Also, I wonder what's up with [tentative title]Rei sharing Kaworu and Shinji's outfit. She looks awesome either way, with the little backpack thing.

B.K.

Seriously? You mean this, right? http://youtu.be/lGy4RimdR9o

Yeah. Maybe that stuff is in it and just no one's mentioned it yet. I haven't heard of any of the stuff from the scene about the children of fate assembling actually being in the movie. Plus, in that teaser, they call what happened at the end of 2.0 Near Third Impact. In 3.0, they actually call it Third Impact and the next one is Fourth Impact. It just seems like they changed a lot of stuff after 2.0 was finished.

Hmm, I think there was one shot form the 2.0 teaser that wasn't in 2 (the one with Mari staring at the city).

Then again, the 3.0 teaser does sound like it has similar themes to the supposed spoilers, with S+R locked in Eva, Nerv personnel being held, Kaworu going down to Dogma (all sounding like either pre-or-post timeskip events).

Though hmm... the quickening of Eva-08 and it's pilot... was that referring to Mari not aging? And why are there two versions of 08 (alpha and beta)?

Erigu

Then again, the 3.0 teaser does sound like it has similar themes to the supposed spoilers, with S+R locked in Eva, Nerv personnel being held, Kaworu going down to Dogma (all sounding like either pre-or-post timeskip events).
But it also has Kaji, and I haven't heard a single word about him so far...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The decision to make unit 8 pink is a bit eh... not a fan of it.

And based on the artwork did everyone but Gendou and Fuyutsuki leave NERV or what?

B.K.

And based on the artwork did everyone but Gendou and Fuyutsuki leave NERV or what?

Yeah. Gendou and Fuyutsuki are apparently still at NERV working with SEELE to bring about Fourth Impact.

But I guess they do still have SOME staff member still around, since they've still been building Evas during the 14 years Rei and Shinji were sealed away.

But it also has Kaji, and I haven't heard a single word about him so far...
Right, though I was thinking of the voiceover only - like if the scenes shown were ignored, it seems like it's describing the events that take place starting right the moment after 3rd Impact ended.

As for the little 6 minute beginning, I think I understand it better - that those SEELE angels were put in place to defend Unit 01 from anyone who wanted to take it out of orbit. Though, I do wonder what that coffin was meant to do, if SEELE wanted to initiate an Impact. Maybe it had something to do with the lance's power?
The decision to make unit 8 pink is a bit eh... not a fan of it.

It's possible everyone simply liked Misato and Ritsuko more - Gendou and Fuyutsuki always seemed to be their own actors, planning things in the background. M+R were pretty much running the operations the majority of the time, they had the respect to pull the team to their side, I think.

And Maya was a given, lol

Replicant

This definitely feels like a sequel or the 2nd iterations of a mutating loop similar to "Higurashi". And this time around, some of the characters have some kind of 'inkling' or 'urge' to break out of their predetermined fate, thus why the divergence in events happening like Misato and Ritsuko getting themselves away from Gendou and Fuyutsuki. In a way I kind of suspected it when Kaworu said "This time, I'll make you happy".

NEVER FORGET:

63MM4.jpg

All of this sounds fucking bonkers and awesome. I seriously cannot wait.

Also I feel fucking VINDICATED if the whole it's-a-sequel thing turns out to be true.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm firmly planted in the "it has to be a sequel" camp. Or at least alternate timeline or something.

MechaX

The cynic that is me thought that there was nothing that this new movie could do that I would be surprised about.

... Thanks Anno, you managed to single handedly trump each and every one of my expectations on the "WTF-o-meter" for this movie. Every single one.

My face literally had the "mind full of fuck" expression upon reading the Time Skip details and it only went downhill from there.

I'm still fucking stoked to see how this will be represented in a SRW game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom